ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best clans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiXhouse.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
ccarnage wrote:
OS was the best clan ever, as per the criteria suggested by Sultani i.e. longevity, desired membership, reputation and the 1on1 skills of each individual member.

I've NEVER seen a non OS member say OS are the best. So until they do I won't ever believe they were the best.

Well you weren't around back in the day, so it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. And of course most current players are not going to know about OS...I recognize the name of three people on this thread lol, the demographics of zdaemon have changed completely; many people who played back in the day no longer play. If you asked anybody who played in the pre-2005 era what the best clan was, OS, UD and 138 would almost always pop up e.g. Sultani, a skilled player who played in that era, who himself was not in OS.

From what I've seen of the rosters of current clans, I don't think they are that great...As far as I know the new NS also has Sedlo and Chewy, so they must certainly be up there (if they are active).

Look back at this game in 5 years (if people are still playing it), nobody will remember any of the clans that are regarded as good now.
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
Eagle-Eye wrote:
ccarnage wrote:
OS was the best clan ever, as per the criteria suggested by Sultani i.e. longevity, desired membership, reputation and the 1on1 skills of each individual member.

I've NEVER seen a non OS member say OS are the best. So until they do I won't ever believe they were the best.

Well you weren't around back in the day, so it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. And of course most current players are not going to know about OS...I recognize the name of three people on this thread lol, the demographics of zdaemon have changed completely; many people who played back in the day no longer play. If you asked anybody who played in the pre-2005 era what the best clan was, OS, UD and 138 would almost always pop up e.g. Sultani, a skilled player who played in that era, who himself was not in OS.

From what I've seen of the rosters of current clans, I don't think they are that great...As far as I know the new NS also has Sedlo and Chewy, so they must certainly be up there (if they are active).

Look back at this game in 5 years (if people are still playing it), nobody will remember any of the clans that are regarded as good now.

Dude, get off your high horse for a second and actually take a look at zdaemon now. There is honestly no way that some of those OS players could keep up with some of the Newcomers, unless they came back, learned all of the "New school" tricks and played regularly. So your theory of OS clans/players being better then newcomers is kinda thrown out the window. I still have yet to understand how you can criticize people now yet you dont even play the game so I'd really like to hear what gives you the almighty power to judge a game that has changed since you were "a good player". Frankly I dont care about whatever clan you were in pre-2005, you know why, because its 2009 and noone honestly cares about what happened back then except for a handful of people who are still stuck in that era, who talks a big game but dont man up to it. I think the Zdaemon forums should have an OS sub-board so switcher, sultani, ccarnage, and a few other people can reminisce on how great it was 4+ years ago and stop contaminating the forums with useless posts and threads about OS.

edit: Also, get your OS pals together and start making challenges if you dominate ZD now like you said you did way back when, Ill shut up.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
I recognize the name of three people on this thread...
From what I've seen of the rosters of current clans, I don't think they are that great... nobody will remember any of the clans that are regarded as good now.

So you recognize hardly anyone and yet you think you know how good we all are and that we're never be as good as OS ever were? Come back in 5 years time and we'll see that then, the only people who are keeping OS in any conversation is you. Without your cheap talk everyone would be happy with forgetting about them.

You make me lol teh guys.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS concetrates the most 1on1 power. PRE had the highest map01 skill on average, though. :)
ctf dominance never lasts long. i admired the style of SM and DX.
the most singleplayer power was probably concentrated in the original, czech Dx :)
DoomGuy666
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unidoom - 10 years later and still a powerhouse. UD has stood the test of time. Now go play some UDMX!!!
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
If you asked anybody who played in the pre-2005 era what the best clan was, OS, UD and 138 would almost always pop up

I joined ZDaemon in 03 and honestly the only activity I remember seeing from any of you OS guys was UrHaSh following any moderately decent player from server to server in some sad attempt at gaining some sort of favor from them (typical nut hugger) and the usual "Well we were good back in the day" forum routine from you.

The only actual active OS member back then was Badfish and its little surprise that he left that sad excuse for a clan.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
ccarnage wrote:
I recognize the name of three people on this thread...
From what I've seen of the rosters of current clans, I don't think they are that great... nobody will remember any of the clans that are regarded as good now.

So you recognize hardly anyone and yet you think you know how good we all are and that we're never be as good as OS ever were? Come back in 5 years time and we'll see that then, the only people who are keeping OS in any conversation is you. Without your cheap talk everyone would be happy with forgetting about them.

You make me lol teh guys.

I've seen the "best" players of now play from demos of the recent EDL. NB: also that the top players in the ZDDL were players playing in the old school era. I use Oce as a yardstick...and he is still the best at 1on1, and the current talent barely comes close (barring a few e.g. Killer). So I can comment based upon that. "Cheap talk" lol...other than you and metalblack nobody else seems to be negating my comments.

And metalblack, yes there should be an OS thread. And I have the "almighty right" to say what I please, nothing you can do about it buddy.

Dewww's comments on NS and PRE hold water.

EDIT: Admiral Shakal...yeah because Devastation, Dominus, & BF were average players. What happened to you man, you used to be cool . Wink
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well none of that changes the fact that Hash's only activity back then was nothing but ass kissing. As for Dev he was not in OS at the time and the only activity I remember from Dominus was the one match where he almost lost to a nobody, he left ZDaemon immediatly after with the message:

"I guess I can't just play for fun anymore every so often without the
Zdaemon paparazzi scrutinizing me. I'm expected to play my best all the time even though I don't practice. Being good at Zdaemon takes practice, just like basketball or any other game/sport. A while back, I practiced for a week or so, and guess what...I played quite well. Ask anyone who played a person named 9 about half a year ago. So please, unless you've played me before and know me.. why not keep your ridiculous comments to yourself."

In my previous post I was mainly reffering to the usual wannabes he would associate himself with (Joker, Romeo, Trigger, etc..).

Last edited by Shakal on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Oath
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ud on top
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
I use Oce as a ridestick...

Fixed Smile

Quote:
And I have the "almighty right" to say what I please, nothing you can do about it buddy.

No you don't. Try getting on Kilgore's bad side with one of your moronic comments and we'll see where you end up.
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
And metalblack, yes there should be an OS thread. And I have the "almighty right" to say what I please, nothing you can do about it buddy.

Yeah, you are right, but your statements dont really apply to zd now, from the way you portray things you act like you know everything which we can all clearly see that you dont. Sure zd pre-2005 you seem to be a professor on but your opinions on zd now I dont think many people care for.
Ladna
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's been more than a year since your last ZDaemon game, your opinion doesn't count.

And really I'm surprised that this conversation is even happening. Don't all "sports" have this problem? Like in football people talk about "legends" that played before anyone wore pads and helmets, or in basketball before there was a 3-point shot.

Fortunately ZDaemon is a video game, and you can play until you're dead. So like metalblack said, why don't all the OS kids get together, take some time, practice, and then start challenging. As far as I'm concerned, it's time to put up or shut up.

Oh and UD on top!
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys: Shy is our designated forum troll. Why do you still bite after all this time?

Shy: no disrespect to the old guys, but think about it: suppose it's June 2009, you're the Lakers coach and your team is down by 2 points with 3 seconds left. Who would you call the play for? Magic Johnson? my guess is that you'd go with Derek Fisher no matter how great Magic used to be. Doesn't mean that Fisher is better (or worse) than Magic; you just can't make the comparison across eras.

If you do insist on making the comparison (which might not be the smartest move, but it's your decision), then put your money where your mouth is and just play the younger guys rather than arguing in the forum. That's the only fair and square way.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:

Shy: no disrespect to the old guys, but think about it: suppose it's June 2009, you're the Lakers coach and your team is down by 2 points with 3 seconds left. Who would you call the play for? Magic Johnson? my guess is that you'd go with Derek Fisher no matter how great Magic used to be. Doesn't mean that Fisher is better (or worse) than Magic; you just can't make the comparison across eras.

If you do insist on making the comparison (which might not be the smartest move, but it's your decision), then put your money where your mouth is and just play the younger guys rather than arguing in the forum. That's the only fair and square way.

I agree KG, of course I cannot make an accurate assessment of the skills of newer players without playing them myself...I can only see how they fare against players I have played against. I play when I can (which is probably once every 4 months).

In any case...a best clan topic will always be contentious...I seem to recall the last best clan thread lasted many pages with no general consensus achieved at the end (and a lot of flaming) Wink
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccarnage wrote:
I can only see how they fare against players I have played against.

Which is still a very inaccurate assessment on a players skill as most serious players grow and develop over time.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually playing it out aside

I have played the OS players and I have played the present NS players, some of the players from that era (OS) are now NS players. When I first came I was one of the n00bs getting beat down by the OS players which gradually changed. Now dominating from time to time and losing at times amongst the NS players my vote goes for NS. OS had OS and the game has evolved. NS has OS, NS and and players from quake and what not who take full advantage of mouselook amongst other things.

I'd like to retract my statement of my vote goes to NS and say that NS will mofo dominate OS.

p.s. OS might have the slight edge on certain 1 on 1 maps but all maps with NS settings NS will dominate hands down.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on skill, longevity, and their overall contribution to the game of DooM... I would have to say that hands down UniDooM is the best clan of all time.

**Arguments against may be that UD is not really a ZDaemon clan anymore, and that some of their members were caught cheating and/or extremely disloyal to ZDaemon.**
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen UD playing. So I do not really know if that is the best clan ever.
Wrath
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with Switcher. UD has proven their worth through time and contribution to the community. I believe those factors matter most when judging a clan. Also, they play on an almost daily basis.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: