ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #95 - C33 T33 3FF madness!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure enough, you learn anything given time. However, they are very offputting to most gamers don't want to have to put the effort into learning something as jumbled as a weird map.
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it, some really chaotic battles took place on some maps...bring on more play Twisted Evil
And I declare map 18 to be the most successful of my zd maps too Razz

spacepirate wrote:
Yep. 3 way is a whole new game mode where a lot more navigation is needed. Or atleast, 'learning' where to go. In 2way like cybie said, is very easy A > B. But now you need to look at, wich team has wich flag, wich base I am in and where I need to go. So I think you just need to keep playing and this clusterfucky will dissapear as you will learn the maps AND the gamemode.

I do agree with map04 there. It is a very complicated map. Maybe a little more navigation with arrows or something would help?

There's also a lot more strategy involved, and people do need to think sometimes instead of just mindlessy fragging anyone in sight. (eg. in one map the red team had 4 points and were running into their base with the blue flag, followed by a blue player. A green player in the middle chased after and fragged the blue player...game over a few secs later)

The only maps I find tricky to get around are 04 and 13 (and the latter is solved by staying downstairs). There are a few that are more complicated, but hopefully a bit of popularity will solve that problem.

Cybershark wrote:
It was great to get to play the maps that were unworkable before and the map voting was definitely no bad thing when we hit some maps with only 6 players.

Except for one player who was voting off every map he didn't like. But still, even with the old pack there was hardly any abuse of it...let's have random maplists too then maps that are stuck after/between large maps that need to be voted off when there's only 3-6 players aren't lost Wink

Alfred wrote:
Sure enough, you learn anything given time. However, they are very offputting to most gamers don't want to have to put the effort into learning something as jumbled as a non-familiar map that they haven't played hundreds of times.

fix'd
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
Sure enough, you learn anything given time. However, they are very offputting to most gamers don't want to have to put the effort into learning something as jumbled as a weird map.

Who are these gamers? And why are the maps 'weird' Question
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
map04 has the most problems in my mind, the flow is extremely broken, the long windows should be halls, it also seemed to have the most misplaced spawns.

I just checked it and the spawns are all where they should be. There's no particle fountains adding confusion either Confused
I really like the map but perhaps it should lose a route or two and those teleports?

As regards people learning new layouts then it's not so much a question of not wanting to learn them, rather it's how steep the learning curve is Wink

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
in one map the red team had 4 points and were running into their base with the blue flag, followed by a blue player. A green player in the middle chased after and fragged the blue player...game over a few secs later)

Heh. It's like when flag carriers shoot you when you hadn't seen them. Hello? Why are you trying to make me notice you?!

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
let's have random maplists too then maps that are stuck after/between large maps that need to be voted off when there's only 3-6 players aren't lost Wink

Yeah that'd be much appreciated on the regular ZDCTF servers too.
a pair of shoes
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another bug to place with the rest if you haven't heard it before....

In map09, I was somehow able to get wedged between the bridge nearest to the flag and the floor, causing me to not be able to move.

:/

Ooh, I also noticed that you had some extra map slots. If you want, I'd be willing to fill in one of those. Wink
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those maps are really rocking. It kind of made me wonder where all the Americans were that night - unless they all got drawn into the Euro servers. There were some maps I hadn't played before, so I'll just say a few words here.

Map 12 is cool but suffers from a mild case of Too Many Hallways Syndrome.
Map22 happens to be simple and entertaining; I couldn't ask for more.
Maps 24 and 25 - both of them rawk hard.
26 really doesn't interest me.
27 I had a really nice game on, what with the overtime and all that. Gaining access to the flags just seems cumbersome though. Otherwise this map is outstanding.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted about map12.

a pair of shoes wrote:
In map09, I was somehow able to get wedged between the bridge nearest to the flag and the floor, causing me to not be able to move.

Jad has this fixed now apparently.

a pair of shoes wrote:
Ooh, I also noticed that you had some extra map slots. If you want, I'd be willing to fill in one of those. Wink

Head over to the other thread (in WAD editing) and bug Spacepirate about this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: