ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sometimes, your mouse just isn't the same!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Sometimes, your mouse just isn't the same!? Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else experiences anything along these lines, but sometimes when you begin playing, it just doesn't feel quite right? Sure you won't lose to the same guy you beat last night, but when you move your mouse around it feels different, not quite the same as it did before. Which can make playing uncomfortable. I don't know if it's just all in my head and really everything is exactly as it was but I just wondered if anyone else has had these encounters? But then tomorrow it will feel right again.

A good way of putting it, I'm sure most of you have been on holiday and then came back and had a game of doom, it feels sketchy. Not quite as severe as that but something along those lines.
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens just about everyday, just need time to get warmed up thats all. It feels so awkward playing after a few days, but it gets better after a few games.
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a similar but much worse problem I am still trying to figure out.
My turn speed and sensitivity go crazy in mid game.
I'm playing normally, then out of nowhere my turn speed goes like 100 times faster.
I have to stop mid game to readjust the settings down.
Then, a few maps later, it goes back to normal and is so slow I almost cannot turn anymore... so I end up having to stop again and readjust the turn and sensitivity higher again.
Major pain in the butt since I almost never survive the readjustment.
I am thinking that maybe one of my side mouse buttons is responsible, probably clicking it accidentally during gameplay.
But interestingly, it always seems to happen on the exact same maps.
I'll let y'all know if I ever come up conclusively what it is.
Sniper in your situation... could it be that you're playing different maps so the mouse "feels" different or does the map not matter?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in your head. The only time I ever remember the mouse feeling different was when ZDaemon went from 1.06 to 1.07. Not sure if it was solely the mouse, or the new network improvements, but it took a while to adjust to. Now I can't even remember how 1.06 handled.

If this is something that changes often, then you probably are just imagining it.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to clean my mouse out every now and then, the wheels that the ball moves get dirty and make the mouse unusable eventually! >_<
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Earthquake, I found ZDaemon 1.06 on my sister's laptop......(March 29, 2004).
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed something strange with my mouse. When it is moved at a slower rate not super slow but somewhat slow, zdaemon doesnt even realize im moving my mouse at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how yours felt, but for me it used to sort of feel like I was playing on a sheet of ice. Not like it was super laggy, but enough where it felt like all my shots where off. My guy would just seem not to respond properly, almost like he was lagging, but that was not the case. More like he was a little tipsy and not quite responding to the mouse commands to strafe and stop straffing, or turn and stop turning. I could switch servers sometimes and that would help, sometimes not.

I don't know about that warm up talk, I don't recall needing to warm up even if I haven't played in a week or two. I used to find it a funny excuse, "hey this is my 2nd game of the day", but I guess everyone is different.

After not playing for a several months, or a year. Then yeah you need to do more than just warm up.

Switcher is just making up excuses for his old age! Laughing
[LAD]St_Anger1
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's all about being rusty and not warmed up.. Indeed, after intense game of sniping and reactions, next day, when you're half asleep, you simply can't do it for no reason and it really goes all around screen, it sometimes may even make me sick..
Btw, I didn't have that problem when I was playing kb-only..
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

int28 wrote:
...Switcher is just making up excuses for his old age! Laughing

Not an excuse... nothing stops me. Very Happy
But while that could be true for me... Wink
It's also been happening to my 9 year old!
I just finished running a very aggressive virus scan (which for example did not like any of my saved versions of ZDaemon setup files).
Found some other funny stuff and got rid of it (no more IRC for my boy Evil or Very Mad ).
Let you know if it resolved this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipes, I sneak in your house at random times and change your mouse and/or computer to fuck with you.

Also, I eat your food and use your phone to make ridiculous international phone calls, mostly to Chaotix to fuck with him too, but he loves it.

Sorry.
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
Snipes, I sneak in your house at random times and change your mouse and/or computer to fuck with you.

Also, I eat your food and use your phone to make ridiculous international phone calls, mostly to Chaotix to fuck with him too, but he loves it.

Sorry.

Thadeuss wins the topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: