ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournaments...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Tournaments... Reply with quote

Hello! After exploring the european tournament section, I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to see our side of the world become as active as them, because let's face it, we should always be better than them.

So this is what Uncle Sam has to say:

Uncle Sam wrote:
Hello my fellow Americans. As a hard-working, law-abiding citizen myself, I understand that times can be up and down. I also understand that people have lives and need to take care of their business. However, I am deeply saddened to see this complete lack of activity in this tournament section on such a wonderful side of the world. So here is what I'll say and we'll leave it at that:

What will you do for your country, your side of the world? Become active, grow, prosper. Let's show those Euros that we're better just because we are. Thank you, goodnight and as always--God Bless America.

So yeah people, let's get some tournaments going on around here! COME ON! It's almost been a year since someone has posted here, isn't that a bit sad? In all seriousness, let's get the ball rolling. I'll do anything and everything I can to help. Just understand that I play a limited roll as I have a son and a wife to attend to first, but I'll gladly join a tournament as long as it boosts some acitivty around here.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Nova, I noticed that aswell but Not betteer then Europe think reality Razz
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
lol.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
WeaponX wrote:
lol.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah c'mon guys, what's wrong with a bit of hyperbole when you're trying to kickstart something? Good luck getting something going again Hatred!

All views expressed here are 100% unofficial
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, Cybershark acknowledges that we're just too awesome. Haha, I'm kidding, of course. Look, I'm not really even trying to take a stab at Euros, I'm just trying to have some fun, but at the same time I'm also trying to get this side of the world active again. The worst thing of it all is, only Euros have posted in this post so far. And that is something that is seriously wrong. So come on you filthy yanks, let's get this show on the road!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good point. The converse with regards to CTF is true in Europe. No new ECL yet.

The best thing you can do is run an unofficial tourney Hatred. Get in 4-6 players. Quick and nasty, get it done. That'll get things going again. Invite players in instead of waiting for them to post.

Official tourneys are still dead, the European ones are Unofficial. We got tired of it in the Euro section and a few players set up their own tourneys. Nero Dewww and Cybie set up unofficial rankings and two 1on1 tourneys a month, while I ran Vendetta for clans.

You should get a few players together and do the same. It will work.

If you build it, they will come. Wink
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wish you the best of luck, I highly doubt that you'll be able to get the North American doom scene to play anything other than CTF. Lets face it, there hasn't been a DM, or TDM tourney in over a year now (With the exception of ZDDL.) and I doubt one will have much luck now. Sorry to be so negative, but I just see little chance of one actually happening. I guess we DM lovers are just a minority that is growing smaller with each day. Sad
Roscoe3000
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join any 1on1 tournaments. I like them because they are quick and dirty by nature. Cool

Madman, if you join, I'll definitely join!

br0k3n, if you're reading this, you should join, too!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need are a minimum of 4 players for a mini tourney. I'm pretty sure you could get 8. If you stick with it and chase people up, the tourneys will grow again, once people start talking about them and gain bragging rights.

Let some of the Euros sign up as well and you'll get a larger tourney.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to join a 1 on 1 tourney, but it would help if I had an actual internet connection at home Razz. Hopefully I'll be getting one soon, but then again who knows. Anyways if I do end up getting a connection soon, then count me in.
Masta
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortalogy_DoP wrote:
Eagle-Eye wrote:
WeaponX wrote:
lol.
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The even funnier thing about this little "lol" requote sequence is that the only ones who've quoted it are complete euro-trash: lol. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: