ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DogTag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OzaKA
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: DogTag Reply with quote

I dunno if anyone remembers this, but from what i remember it is a 2vs2 game mode that requires alot of teamwork, each person needs to flick a certain switch or something to open a door that leads to the exit... Well its very fun anyway....

Horizon or someone should host the wads and then maybe we could get a tournament going or something? Wink ... if someone can host this wad for a few weeks so people can get a feel for the maps and then you can post your ideas on having a tourny that would be great Very Happy
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DogTag is a game mode in which there is a "ball or flag" in the middle of the map, players must pick up this item and score by putting it into their opponents flag holder in the base.. or something along those lines..
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can host it
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzaKA you're thinking of Dogtag/Deathtag. There's a WAD called dogtag3 which is designed for it along with other maps here and there.

WeaponX wrote:
DogTag is a game mode in which there is a "ball or flag" in the middle of the map, players must pick up this item and score by putting it into their opponents flag holder in the base.. or something along those lines..

Nah Stew, you're getting it mixed up with Deathball.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this a few times not long after i first came to ZD but my problem was i was crap at the game, and the only people who ever joined the servers were pretty good players, or people who joined by accident expecting deathmatch.

I'm sure it'd make for some good competitive games if we could get a few teams willing to practice/participate.

Maybe we could try getting some volunteers to come and join dogtag game of mixed teams, private or public, just like alot of people do with CTF, then see who takes a liking to it and work from there.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathball should be interresting. look. we can easily make a football map. and have a deathball tournament on it. im sure that can be great. if that was possible also to drop the ball when you run Very Happy (or throw)
but well thats just my opinion Very Happy
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortalogy_DoP wrote:
deathball should be interresting. look. we can easily make a football map. and have a deathball tournament on it. im sure that can be great. if that was possible also to drop the ball when you run Very Happy (or throw)
but well thats just my opinion Very Happy

Actually balls behave the same as flags, means you can only drop these when dying... :/

And yeah, this DogTag sounds rather interesting, I'll take a look to this wad Cybershark mentionned. Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh ok but you really need to have some clue what you're doing Darkie. Read my former compatriot's guide here.

As for balls behaving the same as flags...
*checks pants*
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the informations Cybershark, looks indeed very interesting!
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, how far along has deathball got? can it run fluently on zdaemon now? and if so, where can i find some wads?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh rite, yeah, meant to reply to this before. So let's see...

How far?
Two map packs - 31 maps.

Fluently?
The only problem this ever had was with the scoring - in the earliest days of Deathball it was very hit and miss as to whether you'd score a point when you dived into the pit with the ball. But we were constantly seeking to improve things and now the chances of a missed goal are very slim. And that's if you just drop straight into the pit. If you remember to always wiggle about a bit when you hit the floor of the scoring pit then you should never have any problems.
In the next version I'll have this automated a bit better.

WADs?
Well there's n00b_deathball_f which was the first appearance of deathball. Most of the maps were by Adereth and it's more a 'how to play deathball' rather than a serious pack. Or it started that way at least, some of the ten maps got much more polished and you can have some great games on them with 2on2/3on3.

The real map pack is olio_a1o. This was the community thing we got going and there's all kinds of stuff in here. It got into a little trouble because Adi asked for some 'variety' maps, which turned out to be much less playable than the others. It's still a work in progress however. I have a version lying around with 3 new maps (I think) and countless more fixes to the older ones.
Olio starts at map11 (and runs up to map31) as it's designed to be able to run with the older pack although I wouldn't recommend mixing the maps.

In either case you need to run n00b_deathball_resources_7 and facevox2 with the WADs.
So your server should look like:
facevox2 n00b_deathball_resources_7 olio_a1o
And the number of teams should be set to 3 or 4 or it won't work. I'll try to get Krawa and Jad to run servers sometime soon. Also it's been a bloody long time since we played it on ZDS so this needs to be addressed too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: