ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcing my immediate departure from the ZDaemon community
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Announcing my immediate departure from the ZDaemon community Reply with quote

I'm stunned. Really. Some people here have nothing better to do than rant and rave at each other, or think they know best until shit shits the fan and someone gets hurt. Today that's me, folks. I'm quitting ZDaemon, Doom, possibly earth completely. My heart basically stopped when I walked up the stairs about half an hour ago after my mum slammed the door of the house to find, well, this really. It's gonna be a long hard read folks, I'd appreciate it if you go through it, but by all means, carry on flaming each other in another thread. Smile

So I'm asked repeatedly to host a new version of ZDaemon Epic CTF 2 on Horizon server sometime last week. Sure, that sounds like a plan all right, too bad I'm so busy finishing coursework before a deadline that might help me get into university in September, so I'm sorry, that I am not spending 17 hours a day any more answering your picky requests, free of charge.

That's not what we're here about though, well bring Xsnake into the picture now. It's his wad after all. Around 2 o'clock today at college, having handed in my coursework the previous day, I feel like I have a lot more time to do things, so after a coffee I (finally) go to host it, but the wad is already there? I find out that Xsnake has accessed the server, and has already hosted the wad. Well honestly I can't blame him, ok that's fine, I regret having no time to do it.

Really regret.

Because Xsnake did not just host his wad. He edited every server configuration, removed bots from the servers, changed the banlist, changed the default configuration for all servers, changed the contact e-mail address, from MINE, to his? Changed the password (as if that was an attempt to prevent me accessing it.. LOL) and changed the server list. Now, I designed the Zserv Manager system, which has little documentation on how it currently (or did) work. So I don't expect anyone else to understand how it works, or even be able to use it without causing problems. Xsnake indeed did cause a lot of problems. configuring servers with NO configuration, causes a problem I have not yet blocked - the server crashes and restarts, indefinitely. So he configured three slots with nothing, which results in 3 zserv crashes, every second. That was 24 hours previous. That's over a quarter of a million server crashes. The poor server had been at 100% CPU use for a whole day, so infuriated that not only has Xsnake claimed control of the zserv hosting aspect of Horizon server, but he'd generated enough server crashes to create a crashlog file nearly a gig long. So I shut down all zservs, and change the password, thinking I would sort out that mess later (Xsnake has no thought on backing up how it currently was, making life more difficult for me). Running to catch a train, I arrive home and have family discussion No.1 (unrelated), taking many hours, I go upstairs before tea to find out horizon server had been rebooted. Obviously as an attempt to get things working again, non-unix users still fail to realize that restarting a server causes more problems than it solves. So nothing is running on the server, no websites, no servers, no nothing. Pff. Well THAT'S not a big deal, apart from losing my IRC connection to everywhere, so fuck that, I'll eat dinner, and come back later.

After dinner I have one of the worst nights of my life. My parents have now split up. It wasn't an easy 6 hours, I can tell you that much. Why must it be topped off by going upstairs to find out that Horizon server

has been wiped blank?

Had no-one thought of contacting me? No-one thought that wiping a server was that big a deal, ok it's NOT my server, fine. But I tell you this. Wiping HorizoN server and changing my access to zero has been one of the most selfish acts Xsnake could have ever recommended to Nokturne, and I'm still suprised I was never contacted, considering I'm the only one that knows what the server did.

Well I'll explain what has just happened. A pretty large portion of what you've all been looking forward to, has just disappeared. Let's make a LIST.

Number one. zsmanager is gone, my linux server admin project I've been working on since September 2007 is well and truely gone. The project website, was hosted there, as for all the release files, and the latest development version (which always ran on HorizoN) is also, unbearably, gone. A lot of work went into that project. I started it as school coursework, and it was hoped it would one day be included in the ZDaemon package, as an installable tool to make running linux servers easier for the faint of heart. Welp it's gone, not much we can do about that.

Number two. The ancient Red Devils forums, and the Quick 'n' Brite clan forums, have now been deleted. Thanks guys.

Number three. The demos, website, and forums for the European CTF league, and the European Duel league, are gone. I loved that project. It's amazing that you've actually deleted a lot of other people's work there too.

Before you get my back up about 'backups', you fucking deleted the backups. Those websites were run on MY server, which recently failed a hard drive failure, and thank god I had a backup on HorizoN, because that was enough to go though. Yeah I'd no time (due to real life problems, and my own education) to get it back up and running straight away, but I felt two weeks was enough time people could do without the site and the

new ZDaemon tourney brackets. Along with the design work and the changes, the only record you now have of those games is of course the forum posts contained here. Thank fuck you're not in ZDaemon administration.

the new, and by oh god one of the most infuriating losses of the lot, the new ZDaemon website, and the redesigned and improved forums, that were expected to be rolled out the same time as 1.09. I've spent months designing those, I can really see my work was appreciated *imitates crumpling up paper*

My blog.

Old fasthosts website and admin tools I'd kept for historical reasons, hoping one day to reuse them

The ZDaemon teamspeak server, and it's configuration. It's nice isn't it? Maybe by this stage you're realizing the damage done here. I'm not finished yet. You also deleted

ReMooD's nightly builds. GhostlyDeath's going to love the ZDaemon community now, I'm not surprised he's developing an open-source master for it, looking at how this community has turned into a steaming pile of aggressive, moany players who disrespect everyone who helps out in this project, contributing nothing of value themselves and as can be seen from this thread, think they know better than everyone.

My work in progress, and working but needed testing, ZDaemon Linux packages for Debian and Ubuntu. I'd set up a repository that people would have been able to add to their distro to automatically download a fully working, tweaked version of ZDaemon that ran near perfectly on any said distro I developed it for, alone with automatic updates and whatnot. This should have been the release / testers topic I was creating tonight.

I hope you're happy Xsnake. Ignorant as you are, you cannot ignore the fact you've contributed very little to this community, yet helped to destroy the work of not just me, but Nero, dewww, Whiteknight, and anyone else that helped create the European Championship Association, as a great attempt to get this dead side of the world back up and playing some games. I wouldn't be surprised if no-one has any respect for you, considering you've destroyed a nice chug of the work I've done around here. I've no intention of recreating it. You can live with the fact you've been more self-centred, absorbed by your know-it-all ego, than anyone else that's left a negative imprint on the ZDaemon community. It's not the end of the world, you haven't erased my cat, but I can't think of anyone else in the world I hate more than you right now. You've no thought for anyone else, no consideration for other people's lives, which are difficult enough without the recreational side project of hell (ironically). Kilgore, Danni, EarthQuake, Adereth, Lyfe, Raider, and Domains, along with everyone else, past, present and future, do this for free. They're lives are more difficult than you realize, the money they pump into servers to make this project tick, the hours of development, support and discussion into making this a better game for everyone, is all spent on you, at their expense. To turn round at the blink of an eye, in the space of no more than 30 hours, and cause so much destruction I hope is unnerving. I really pity Nokturne - he must feel really bad for listening to you now.

To everyone else, I apologise. I really enjoyed helping out here, but perhaps now that this chapter in my internet life is over, perhaps I can dedicate more time to my now disjointed family. I've made some really good friends, many of whom I hope to keep in touch with, as for others.. well this is the internet Smile

[/zdrama]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DX-Chain
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Wow, just wow.

Stealth I hope you can still come to #(DX) every now and then when things aren't as shitty Sad
Xenaero
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ Dude...

That really friggin sucks. Best of luck in the future, man. Hope things get better for you dude.
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dog act

Sad
ZombieMachine
Bloatware!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth, Im actully crying over you leaving, Please don't GO!. You were an idle man. But i can understand what Xsnake has done and that is enough to make anyone leave, Best of luck for the future, I belive you can pass A-level and start your life. I hope, I can talk to you one-day, and you can tell me what you have accomplished in your life.

If there was a hall of fame, You'd be in it.

Again I say, It's been a good time having you around ZDaemon, We will all miss you.

And with tears rolling down my face I say goodbye.

Edit: This song is for you stealth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXW5-JaSP98 <- Your not dead Razz But your gone.

Last edited by ZombieMachine on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
ZERO99
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being one of the only people to host my maps, i always forgot about you hosting the zdaemon review wads every time i post a map and when i saw it was hosted for the euro players it made me happy i made it. although most of the time i have a hell of a time desiding if i want to show anyone else my works. so thanks you made my mapping worth while when i actually mapped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cha0tix
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm -rf /

haha just kidding good luck in the future and whatnot. ZD will need a new Wine maintainer now. Crying or Very sad
indyroo
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting.

I can't believe how much destruction he has caused in this short amount of time. He could have left it to you, or another experienced admin, but no, he had to take his ego into account and incite this royal fuck up.

Thanks xsnake, I might not know you, but what you've demonstrated leaves a dark smudge on the face of the ZDaemon community. You've driven Stealth, one of the nicest people on ZDaemon who I have met, away for good.

Geez, this really sucks man, please reconsider this. I don't blame you for leaving..you've put so much in..and what do you get out of it? Nothing. and xsnake doesn't even seem to care.

Let's see what xsnake has to say in his defence.

Please stop by sometime stealth, we're all going to miss you dearly. Crying or Very sad
Kruczyslaw
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss you mate ;(. Dont forget about your "LinNoob" friend xF
Czar
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck
Mr-cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO MAN, NO! YOU HELP ME A LOT WHEN I WAS BANNED ON ZD, FUCK. WHO DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE GOOD PEOPLE THAT IS BEING FORCE TO LEAVE... FUCK THIS IS RETARDED!
EarthQuake
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot believe it. I don't think I've ever been so disgusted by anything in all my life. I'm literally in tears from this. One of my greatest fears is losing everything that I've worked on, and my work pales in comparison to the progress you've made. I just can't believe that so much destruction could be caused by a single person...

Thanks Xsnake, you stupid fucking cunt.
theDooMguy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, why's it always gotta be good, honest people gettin screwed over by stupid selfish assholes? I see it every day...
It is just amazing that someone could manage to fuck things up so badly. Sometimes people just need to know when to back off and let someone who knows what they're doing take control. Good luck, wherever you go from here.

EDIT: and you too, Mr-Cheater.

Last edited by theDooMguy on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
SuperNova
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I have no clue what to say about any of this...
Welp, I wish you the best of luck Stealth. Didn't really know you, but I do know you've been one of the biggest contributors to this community. Take it easy and just live, man. Life is too short to let things like this bother you so much. Just take it in and do what you can.

As for Xsnake..honestly, I'm shocked that you'd do something like this. Considering I've known you for quite some time, I can't put into words how utterly disgusted I am by this. All of us have played the roll of troll from time to time for shits, but this...heh trolling pales in comparison to this. I seriously hope you're reading this and considering not coming back because I don't think too many people will have the same friendly smile for you they once had.
[MAG]Mike12
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what happened to you was some real bullshit :/. Some people are just inconsiderate bastards who don't care about anybody else but themselves, and will do anything they please regardless of how it affects other people.

I wish you the best of luck in the future, and I hope you'll consider coming back someday.

Also, Mr-Cheater, why are you posting your typical "I quit" speech here? Usually I would ignore this, but for fucks sake this is a thread about somebody who actually matters.
Repins
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Bummer, Sorry `bout your parents :/

You seemed to have helped a lot of people including me in so many ways we`re gonna miss you buddie!
DX-Chain
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[MAG]Mike12 wrote:
Also, Mr-Cheater, why are you posting your typical "I quit" speech here? Usually I would ignore this, but for fucks sake this is a thread about somebody who actually matters.

Miek for prez
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth, I know you're gonna read this! I really need to have a word with you my man. Because, I'm not gonna just accept this... Not after all we've been through, for years... So Stealth, if you read this, please contact me on MSN.

I understand you cannot find more motivation after your work, which seems like a liftetime's Shocked , has been deleted. But he hasn't erased our friendship right? Come on man, we in [QnB] love you for who you are, not for what you've done. [QnB] without you won't be the same.

Please Stealth, give me the opportunity to talk you into staying. As in a last request?

And before I forget:
[sarcasm]
THANK YOU XSNAKE
[/sarcasm]

If you decide not to contact me, I understand. I hope you will do in time though... You'll always be a [QnB], and we'll be waiting for your return. Don't hecitate to come back!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
turSKA
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow. way to go failsnake.

I'm fucking bummed this happened to you Stealth. ECDL/ECL were leagues that brought the competitive ZD community closer that it ever was. All those demos of great players going at it are fucking gone? Just wow.

Take care mate, it's never easy when parents split up.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xsnake has always been like this. Every when he started mapping he just stoled shit from people.

But Stealth, too bad man your leaving. You contributed a lot to ZDaemon.... I hope you feel better in the future.

Cheers.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: