ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

joining irc.zdaemon.org on external client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t8
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: joining irc.zdaemon.org on external client Reply with quote

any help to do this?

i am using the 'irc.zdaemon.org' and connecting with my password to my username, but to no avail

thanks
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the official ZDaemon Relay Chat client can be used to connect to ZD-IRC - there are no plans to remove this limitation.

Out of interest, is there any particular reason you need to use another client?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Only the official ZDaemon Relay Chat client can be used to connect to ZD-IRC - there are no plans to remove this limitation.

Out of interest, is there any particular reason you need to use another client?

Well say, for instance you are on a computer with Mirc but not ZD and it may not be wise to load a game up on this persons PC, like perhaps you are spending the night at grandma's and she tells you to "Not Download any games on my PC, I don't want any virus' because I for some reason think I know what I'm doing with a computer more than you likely ever will, simply because I'm older than the invention of the computer, and you wouldn't know anything about them."

Wow, did I just release one of my childhood nightmare situations?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quik how bout putting zdaemon on your ipod or whatever usb flash you use?
t8
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a shitty mac and was using xchat or something
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
quik how bout putting zdaemon on your ipod or whatever usb flash you use?

Well it still doesn't get around if your parents or authority figure like a teacher instructs you to NOT LOAD ANY SOFTWARE ON THE COMPUTER, OR ELSE YOU GET THE HOSE AGAIN. Because no matter how many copies of ZD you have on your phone SD card, Camera, thumbdrive, flashdrive, portable HDD, or on a CD-R, you still aren't allowed to load it.

Now lets say this said machine DOES have Mirc on it, perhaps then this topic comes into play.

However I do agree, in 99.9% of cases, theres no reason you an't just download and install ZD for ZD IRC chat.

But honestly t8, you aren'tt missin much. :/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.. i'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. i mean.. yea, if you're not allowed to even start the program, then there's pretty much nothing you can do about it anyways. but there's no need to INSTALL it if you have a copy on your flash memory. just overwrite the paths in the ini configs and run zrc.exe from there.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I would have suggested. Extract the zdaemon zip distriution to a spare usb pen, or an existing one. I play ZDaemon directly from my portable HDD, keeping my settings, wads, and hacks with me around any PC I use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
and hacks

LoL stealth made a funny XD
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew Stealth was on those virturoids. Him and Barry Bonds would make great butt buddies. : )
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just run ZRC as your main client if you're that desperate to get into ZDIRC. ZRC doesn't any limitations to other irc networks either. But I think I gotta' agree with Quiksilver here--you really aren't missing anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: