ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatest zdaemon/doom clan of all time/ the present

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Greatest zdaemon/doom clan of all time/ the present Reply with quote

As an old player, I look at zdaemon nowadays, and I am extremely surprised at the vast number of clans present (maybe many are inactive, or dissolve within two days). What is the greatest clan in zdaemon atm?

Back in the day, one didn't need clan matches to answer that question. You just knew. For example, 138, Not Gods (NG), and the Old Schewlers (OS), were undisputably the best clans of their time, purely based on the ability of members (naturally of course I was in NG and 138, and now in OS, Wink ). In those days, being in a clan was focused more on bragging rights i.e. being in a team with great players, even if you did not have many inter-clan battles.

But what in your humble opinion do you think is the best clan currently? And also the best clan of all time?

Discuss.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my humblest opinion ever it must be Calamitous Intent , especially players like Dopefish make it an infity times better than any other clan Smile
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
In my humblest opinion ever it must be Calamitous Intent
I agree up until there Cool based on average skill/quality of players I would honestly have to give it to .CI. there are teams like [D] and [LM] who are also vicious Euro ctf clans but you're only as strong as your weakest links, right? Put either of their weakest teams against .CI.'s and you'd get destroyed. There are no bad players within that squad, full of skilled Doomers Smile ! They would surely be the top 3 clans within Europe with [dp] and [NL] close behind.

Sure that may be biased but still, I'm allowed to be, yes? Neutral

Oh plus, apparently, we're hot and we even have a crazy .gif of us with lightning!1!
Oath
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ud on top
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll eat my shoe if anyone doesn't mention the clan they were/are in.

p.s. UD is the best.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctf scene is a bit unclear these days, but no doubt about NS superiority in 1on1
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: what is the definition of a good clan? Good as in good players, lots of wins etc? Or good as in people you like, they enjoying the game together?

It's obvious everybody likes their own clan best. If you didn't, then why would be in it the first place? I'm a member of clan [QnB], because I consider the people in the clan my friends. That's what matters to me personally. Enjoying the game with friends, rather than owning other clans.

If there would be a clan besides our own that gets my respect, it would be [dp]. Their clan seems to be based on friendship, just like ours. Yet, I would say they are more ambitious to beat other clans. Despite many inactive members, members seem to be very loyal to [dp], which makes it the most stable clan from my point of view.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ladna
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure North American clans are the best, and right now NS is probably the top of that heap. Depends though, if we're talking about a traditional war (1v1, TDM & CTF) then NS would most likely take it. However, 4v4 CTF isn't their strong suit, and another NA clan might be able to unseat them.

I'm also gonna try and start shit for the first time in a ZD thread, here it goes:

There's not a single non-NA clan that can hold a candle to the top 4 NA clans (UD, DX, R and NS) in CTF. Not even close. It's like watching a basketball match between the US and anywhere else: it's just sad to watch and makes you feel bad that the world is the kind of place in which such great sucking can actually exist.

The excuses are hilarious also, ranging from "our pings are bad in NA and we can't shoot you" to "your pings are bad in Europe and we can't shoot you". Fortunately, we stomp you coast to coast, shore to shore, sea to shining sea. West is the best, USA #1.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd
AceOfSpades
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ud has always been the best clan ever, and this is coming from a former ng and 138 member.

son both ng and 138 were active for about 4 days total, and they had the leadership quality of a straight to dvd movie. remember when bloodlust and skitz would bitch for hours about who was the true leader and then the entire thing collapsed? yeah that's a sweet clan right there. oh yeah os has like 0 active members right now so peace out to them.

so who's still organizing huge successful leagues (idl) and putting out professional quality mp megawads over 10 years later (udmx)? yeah that's right, ud wins again. here's a chair son \_ you better have a seat.

also the hell is this:
Quote:
In those days, being in a clan was focused more on bragging rights i.e. being in a team with great players, even if you did not have many inter-clan battles.

yeah this is like saying yeah i'm the fastest 100 yard sprinter ever. i have the best legs, look at how well all my muscles work together. oh you want to race? no thanks, i don't do that. but you would have lost anyways cause my legs are so good.

that's what you're pretty much saying. are you fucking kidding me? if i were you i'd send an email to parker brothers so you can get a clue.

in conclusion, ud on top. the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. if you have a different opinion, don't post it, don't reply in this thread because you are 100% wrong. you'd just be embarassing yourself
Neuro
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clan that's run shit for years and has done and can do more than any other?

UD, folks; case closed.
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UD on top.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AceOfSpades wrote:

so who's still organizing huge successful leagues (idl) and putting out professional quality mp megawads over 10 years later (udmx)? yeah that's right, ud wins again. here's a chair son \_ you better have a seat.

uh, any chance of releasing zdctfmp4 ? , especially alexmax and ralphis maps pls Smile
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC on top
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UD and vd-plas for there amazingness within the community
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX for single handedly running the clan scene into the ground with our ruthlessness and perfection.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread got pretty lame quickly Rolling Eyes
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
This thread got pretty lame quickly Rolling Eyes

It's a ccarnage thread, what were you expecting?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: