ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Open Grandslam January 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a difference between endurance, and boredom. However unfortunatly it falls under boredom, it takes wayyyy to long, and i'm sure after 40 frags you can say who the true winner is, why drag it out much longer? Fuck that. Even on D5M7 when i'm in a 50 server, i'll only ever play till 40, otherwise its tooo long and tooo boring. But that's my view on it, if you dont agree, your entitled to. Doesn't mean i will play this tourney nor the rest if the frag limit stays the same
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRACKETS!

Contact your opponents ASAP and get your matches played, please!

Sadly, 18 registered people is not a very bracket-frinedly number. Therefore, the tournament has been trimmed to 16-players format and the 1st round serves as a qualification for the unlucky few. These players still get their 1 point for participation and the winner gets another 2 points, which is the logarithmic step we luckily skipped in our point system draft and it fills the hole rather nicely. :) I'll add this thing into the rules thread.

If anyone's suspicious about the brackets seeding, it can be found here. I gave some small seed advantage to high rank players from EDL, namely from Premiership and Division 1. The rest was left to chance /except for guitarman with the lowest seed, for obvious reasons/. This was done to prevent the most skilled players to meet very soon, sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, I will try to negotiate an Oblacek tourney server. There is already the possibility to set up a temporary customizable server there via their web interface. The default Judas23_ settings/flags are the same as this tournament ones, so it's rather easy to set up. This is not aimed to please Czech players, but rather to serve as neutral grounds for fin/fra matches, to say it out loud. Czech players should use Horizon if the opponent doesn't wish otherwise.

That's all. Good luck and enjoy your games.

Last edited by dewww on Tue May 05, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd @ cyperfart. 50 is OS way.

10 frags in judas takes like 2 minutes at tops. But guess that's how long you last in the sack so it must feel like a long time.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fart'? What is this? 5yr old humour here?

It's all in your head turSKA. Playing altdeath, with monsters on or at other skill levels are all equally 'OS'. Yet somehow I doubt they fit your narrow definition of it.

And as I'm one of the guys managing these tournies you better get used to that pretty quickly Smile
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
'Fart'? What is this? 5yr old humour here?

It's all in your head turSKA. Playing altdeath, with monsters on or at other skill levels are all equally 'OS'. Yet somehow I doubt they fit your narrow definition of it.

And as I'm one of the guys managing these tournies you better get used to that pretty quickly Smile

I just had to regress back to 5 year old so that we can communicate on your level. Equally OS perhaps, but it was a matter of fraglimit. Ergo 50>40. Clever huh?

EDIT: oh and what was the fraglimit in ecl again for judas? oh right! 50
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry big man, even if you were right then you don't get to be right here because, as I said, it's Dewww, Nero and I calling the shots Smile

And I say 'if' because you know what else was OS? The -avg parameter. Go look it up and then get back to me about fraglimits eh?
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that so? guess i should join #care

50>40
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA, I'm quite surprised at your lack of maturity in this topic. First of all, it's the EDL, ECL will be the new name for the ECDL, henceforth 'European CTF League'. Also it's silly to drag EDL into here, when it has nothing to do with these tournaments.

You'll notice that the maps used by the higher divisions had a 50 fraglimit, wit hthe amateur maps on 40. This was not OS/NS related, this was related to skill, simply, higher endurance is required for maps with a 50 fraglimit than 40. No Cybershark didn't argue against the fraglimit here, he stated that is the fraglimit the tourney admins have chosen for this month's tournament, and 50 is also the one used in the EDL. They're both 50, where did you see the need to go jumping down his throat?

Fraglimit, be it 50, 40 or 30, is in no way related to old or new school settings. What I consider to be òld-skool, is strictly no freelook or jumping, and any conditional settings (such as movement/sound-cutoff/silentBFG/pickup sounds)

Newschool can be a variant on ANYTHING, with the exception of always freelook, weapon pickup sounds, and arguably SilentBFG (which can be considered a FIXABLE bug, kept only as it affects, and contributes to, gameplay).

As a multiplayer Doom player before the internet even was used 1on1 games were more often played till 80, 95, or even sometimes 200 frags. So considering this is older than the current 'school' I hope the admins consider these levels for the next months tourney.

Still taken aback to see you barge into a thread and demand that 50 frag limit be branded OS. Almost seeing your hatred and exclusion of altdeath as well, I suppose we should demand map01 be the only played map as well? (As dwango5 ads some height related gameplay tactics, it's much more NS than map01..)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Still taken aback to see you barge into a thread and demand that 50 frag limit be branded OS. Almost seeing your hatred and exclusion of altdeath as well, I suppose we should demand map01 be the only played map as well? (As dwango5 ads some height related gameplay tactics, it's much more NS than map01..)

Hatred? You must be the dr.Phil of internets! Where did you come up with frag limits like 200? After 2000 every documented LAN i could find was played with 50 frag limit. You really want to get into an argument about map01 with me? True what you said but doesn't change the fact map01 is all what matters in duels Wink You know i play ctf which is pretty much NS all the way so why throw this at me?
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

support turska
[Chaos]Master
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I register my brother Killer if it's again possible Exclamation
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chaos]Master wrote:

So Devils and Killer are both around? Rolling Eyes
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brackets are already done so it shouldn't be possible. but i'm sure our great admins allow this kind of blasphemy Evil or Very Mad
[Chaos]Master
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
[Chaos]Master wrote:

So Devils and Killer are both around? Rolling Eyes

Devils plays only little. It is a return (certainly) of Killer.

turSKA wrote:
Brackets are already done so it shouldn't be possible. but i'm sure our great admins allow this kind of blasphemy Evil or Very Mad

It's what your problem exactly to you ? It is you be the organizer of this tournaments ? No.
Then why you always have to come add your useless comment Mad
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stating the obvious Master. You had time to register until 7.1.2009. Chances are you will fuck this up like vendetta tourney. Weren't killer supposed to be inactive? Rolling Eyes
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is can log on to the next tournament, now is a little late, when it made brackets Smile
[Chaos]Master
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to, put him not.
You certainly have to be afraid of him on this map.

PS : capo, please answer to answer my PM when I ask you to play tournaments.

EDIT : Okey I understand why, Round 2 : ... TBD Smile

later.

Last edited by [Chaos]Master on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chaos]Master wrote:
Listen to, put him not.
You certainly have to be afraid of him on this map.

PS : capo, please answer to answer my PM when I ask you to play tournaments.

irrelevant.

ps. not on oblacek Wink
[Chaos]Master
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
As a multiplayer Doom player before the internet even was used 1on1 games were more often played till 80, 95, or even sometimes 200 frags. So considering this is older than the current 'school' I hope the admins consider these levels for the next months tourney.

I think it's unlikely we'll be running any maps out to 200 frags Laughing

Stealth wrote:
(As dwango5 ads some height related gameplay tactics, it's much more NS than map01..)

Gets me to thinking it might be interesting to play some slightly more vertical map with no freelook and autoaim switched off. Of course there's no way to enforce that... sorry, thinking aloud - carry on Smile

And trollSKA (see! I did the name calling thing too! Very Happy) just take a back seat willya? As your choice to play CTF has little to do with you being a native of the OS camp then what does an individual's request to sign up here have to do with a clan falling out of a team tourney?
But no Master, we've discussed the situation and we're not willing to be that flexible now that the brackets have been loaded.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: