ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Open Grandslam January 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderlicious! brackets updated, keep up with the results posting, guys! :)

Last edited by dewww on Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX 50 : 0 Nero

VGG shame you didnt have any arms or legs to play with, GL in the next tourney Wink [/b]
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTH!?
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA vs Gyrossman 50-39

GG
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated once more. Commiserations Nero Sad

Mortal and Titan are you guys on top of things?
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted recently mortal via PM on zdplayers irc. First of all, horizon is absolutely unplayable for me, ping is ok, but its terrible laggy, iam shaking, weapons are not shooting (i mean more times than usual), gyrossman was smiling when i was shooting from bfg, it flew slower than usual, its just unplayable for me. So i suggested to mortal that we could play on different server. I suggested L@p, he agreed. There is only fraglimit 40, so we arranged 25 and 25, two games. It was 25:18 and mortalogy said that he wont continue because i have better ping there. I realize this game wont be valid according to rules, ok but if i must play on horizon, ill give him victory 50:0, because i dont want to lose in laggish hell, i want to lose in a normal game. Turska saw me today on horizon how i bad was there, dew knows the situation...
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seemed fine when i played you on Horizon a few days ago Titan Confused
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i accepted, i though we will get same ping. on L@p or oblacek, you have like 25-30 ping. and me 60-70.
I think i'm very too sympatics to accept something like playing on your servers. if you play somebody else as me, what server do you will use?

on horizon, we have quiet same ping, lag are everywhere. but who knows. the best for everybody is to playing on server where thats egual (of ping)
I'm not french, so thats same for me on horizon as you.

i also asked titan, to play on horizon and oblacek both to 50frags and make a soustraction/2 for having the scores to 50.

Stop talking like that is my fault, i think nobody else can be sympatics like me, but well thats enough.
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONO NOT 50 PING *jumps off cliff*
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan_66 wrote:
I contacted recently mortal via PM on zdplayers irc. First of all, horizon is absolutely unplayable for me, ping is ok, but its terrible laggy, iam shaking, weapons are not shooting (i mean more times than usual), gyrossman was smiling when i was shooting from bfg, it flew slower than usual, its just unplayable for me. So i suggested to mortal that we could play on different server. I suggested L@p, he agreed. There is only fraglimit 40, so we arranged 25 and 25, two games. It was 25:18 and mortalogy said that he wont continue because i have better ping there. I realize this game wont be valid according to rules, ok but if i must play on horizon, ill give him victory 50:0, because i dont want to lose in laggish hell, i want to lose in a normal game. Turska saw me today on horizon how i bad was there, dew knows the situation...

Indeed, i can back up Titan here. We played one game on horizon where i pretty much smashed Titan 50-25 or so, can't remember the scores now. we switched to l@p and i lost two games in a row. 40-30 and 40-37. Pings were ok for both players on both servers. Still theres a huge difference.

Also for mortal, you agreed to play on l@p, now be a man and finish it. This only smells like a chickenshit escape because you can check pings BEFORE the game. Titan has become stronger on judas and theres no shame admitting that.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffles wrote:
ONO NOT 50 PING *jumps off cliff*

XD
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really the admins' business now and i'm not trying to start a flamewar, but i agree with turska, if you agree to play your game on a different server, and then you join the server - it's at that moment that you should check the conditions(ping etc..) and decide if you wanna go through the match or not.
But saying the conditions were not fair only AFTER you lost your game is kinda.....weird. Because if you are all about ping as you seem to be(somehow ignoring packetloss or overall stability), that could have been checked beforehand.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mortal you are a top guy, but I really feel that you should just complete your game with Titan. I will back Titan up here as for some reason certain players experience weird things on Horizon, worse than other players. I think I get worse lag there than the other British players for some reason (Probably because I'm in Bonnie Scotland).

Titan always has been one of the best players in the world when he's on his game and he has consistently, year after year, been nothing but level headed and considerate to other players, so I honestly don't think Titan would have asked you to play there unless it was necessary and Horizon for him would have been unfair.

I agree with what the other guys have said, once you agree to play on a server that's it, you have to play there. To then drop out or ask for the match to be replayed looks like it is simply because you are losing, not saying that is the case mate, just that is how it looks.

You have a hell of a lot of respect in this community, everyone knows how good a player you are and how decent a person, so I say play the match and who cares how it turns out? No one will think you are a lesser player, if anything you will have more respect for it. Hope you see it this way.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i understand all of you, i never said i wont play him. just i wasn t at mind to play the rest after that. for sure he will keep that scores. i just though a member of my own team will understand that wasn t fair to play all on his server.

for now, i think that can be fair i choose my own server (tournament server for sure) for the rest of the game.

I know the skill of 8bit/titan , i know it. i will never said he can t beat me on 1vs1.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what people are saying Mortal is that you agreed to play 2 games of 25 frags to make up your tourney match and you agreed to play it on l@p. Then you changed your mind. I think once you agree you should complete your game in l@p to be fair.
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comon guy why not playing in an other server
that will be more fair O_o
what a nice fairplay there

don't say to me 60ping vs 30ping is fair

Rolling Eyes titan was agree for playing the rest in an other server anyway
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys should both play on a american server so then YOU BOTH LAG N HAVE BAD PING. happy world is happy.
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server: HorizoN-XL, Doom2.net Europe, Oblacek customizables

I feel that although Mortal very kindly agreed to play 2 games of 25 frags on L@P, a server that Titan feels his connection is stable and that playing conditions are good for him, that it would only be fair for Mortal to be able do the same; i.e. on Horizon. This all boils down to each player being fair, and Mortal has shown this ability so Titan should be thinking about what is fair for Mortal in the latter of the two 25 frag games.

Also, admins? Maybe it would be good to state if players can trundle off to other servers or not to play their matches in future?
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the way I see it is this, imagine you were playing a tourney game snipes. You agree with the other player on a server. You play half way through the game, your opponent then says "fuck this" and leaves without finishing. This is exactly what happened, the only reason people may view it differently is because they couldn't get a 50 frag server and had to momentarily stop to complete the other 25. Now as I said before, Mortal is a very nice guy, but I just feel that once you agree to play on a server you should finish your game.
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper wrote:
Server: HorizoN-XL, Doom2.net Europe, Oblacek customizables

I feel that although Mortal very kindly agreed to play 2 games of 25 frags on L@P, a server that Titan feels his connection is stable and that playing conditions are good for him, that it would only be fair for Mortal to be able do the same; i.e. on Horizon. This all boils down to each player being fair, and Mortal has shown this ability so Titan should be thinking about what is fair for Mortal in the latter of the two 25 frag games.

Also, admins? Maybe it would be good to state if players can trundle off to other servers or not to play their matches in future?

You should realize that the point is i didnt want to play on horizon. I would rather play on his own server with ping 60 (his 10) than with ping 30 on laggish hell. No doubt this possibility is much better. His router does not allow it though. There was not another alternative, horizon was laggy, finnish servers ping around 100 for both, there was not another way. Oblacek is czech... And iam sure mortal will continue on lap if i lost Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: