ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Ctf 3vs3 #7?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Euro Ctf 3vs3 #7? Reply with quote

The last tourney was just a disaster, coz of lame admins unable to dq. Just like ctf euro 4 took incredible amount of time coz of Poingnant. Now when we have a stable base of 3 tough admins , is not the time to run fun again ? We can use, y know 10 maps from zdctfmp that teams would pick from it or the upcoming compilation of me, Nero and Unknown. Also cool would be to set a rule of 3+1, because some teams have many players, yet some of the players do not get to play. Idea
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10maps? why dont we just play the whole wad? :p
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
10maps? why dont we just play the whole wad? :p

because of maps like 29 and 17, not that I do not like them , but nobody plays it Smile
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tourney will also be lame since of lazy mappickers.

I sincerely think other people should pick maps then the people who play them. That way it will prove if the team really is good overall. Twisted Evil
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
This tourney will also be lame since of lazy mappickers.

I sincerely think other people should pick maps then the people who play them. That way it will prove if the team really is good overall. Twisted Evil

But you know, you see tourneys in map01 , dwango 5 and judas again and again..the same case applied here Wink
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a thread you dont complain in spacepirate?
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 3-Way Ctf Tourney, what gives? That would be excellent to check how team work is done in clans . Smile
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro Ctf 3vs3 #7? Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
Also cool would be to set a rule of 3+1

Seconded. Also, this way it could be a lot easier to organize games.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a TDM tourney would be better at first to prove whether or not people are willing to get together and organise team games. TDM is faster paced and easier to organise especially if it were 2v2 for example. Also as most clans/teams don't seem to play TDM very often i suspect there would be less arguments about map/wad choices , unlike CTF where most people are afraid to step out of their zdctf comfort zone.

Moreover, i'd love to play a TDM tourney if i could find someone crazy enough to team up with me Razz
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Hash here, why not try something smaller like TDM... Just to slowly get people into a little more organizing? Sure I love the idea and I can't see a problem with Cybie/Dew running this together with myself, but it's a bit of a leap since we've only been running tourneys for not even 3 months yet. Give us some time eh? Oh and we need just that for our compilation to get done Razz

I'll talk about this more with the others and then maybe run a poll!

Nice idea though!
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:

Is there a post where you dont cut yourself WeaponX?

And well 3-way ctf tourney would be cool.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro Ctf 3vs3 #7? Reply with quote

SM*Dopefish wrote:
The last tourney was just a disaster, coz of lame admins unable to dq.

Thats really not the reason the last tourney failed my friend. As we have proven in other tourneys we were well able to DQ players when necesarry. The reason that tourney did not get finished because there were too many teams not playing, and I think Chaos or some other French clan disbanded.

I really hope a future teambased tourney will work out, but I dont think it will. But good luck with setting it up, would be nice to see.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
WeaponX wrote:

Is there a post where you dont cut yourself WeaponX?

And well 3-way ctf tourney would be cool.

lol fail?
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consigliori wrote:
Maybe a TDM tourney would be better at first to prove whether or not people are willing to get together and organise team games. TDM is faster paced and easier to organise especially if it were 2v2 for example. Also as most clans/teams don't seem to play TDM very often i suspect there would be less arguments about map/wad choices , unlike CTF where most people are afraid to step out of their zdctf comfort zone.

Moreover, i'd love to play a TDM tourney if i could find someone crazy enough to team up with me Razz

This idea seems to be great, i miss a TDM tourney. It would not be hard to make a team with 2 players. TDM needs more space in zdaemon tourneys.
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point there, Hash. I completely support every team tournaments, so both CTF and TDM would be awesome.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the previous tourney failed, because Chaos failed. If you look at the brackets, Chaos-2 vs. DH-2 was left unplayed. I asked for a DQ for DH-2, because they weren't interested much, but they'd play the game if anyone asked them. Which chaos didn't, all i got was vague promises of 'being ready soon'. Then it would be Chaos-1 vs. Chaos-2, but by that time the clan fell apart and salvaging even one team became unrealistic. Now Draza didn't want to hand out DQs, because HIS OWN team was waiting in the finals for an opponent. In the end, he'd have to DQ the whole upper part of brackets, make the semis with DH-1 actually the final match and SM a winner 'by default'. That semi match was cool, but this would be very, very lame. If you really need to, consider the tourney finished with SM ipso facto the winner.

Moving on: today. CTF tourney isn't a priority. Vendetta #2 'ended' just recently. There's still matches left unplayed, but with very little probability of happening, because (as usual) clans disbanded, players migrated, etc. V2 had a league system which is much less vulnerable to unreliable players, but there's still like a third of games left unplayed. Looking at ECDL, we saw the same thing happening - people lost interest, didn't show up, 2v2 were played, forfeits in the end of the season... Basically, it's 100% this shit would happen in ZDtourney, too. At this point, we'd be crazy to even consider losing whatever credit we've managed to build up over all the zdrama that's bound to happen.

Moving on: future. 3v3 CTF tourneys are definitely the format to be played. There is NO WAY of 4v4, 5v5 or 3-way CTF tourney happening under any reasonable management, EVER! The idea might sound cool to someone who does not realize how many people you need to get into one server at one time. Repeatedly. I mean- rofl, 8-9-10 drama queens agreeing on a match, arriving on time, no delays, no real life problems... and tourney finished under 2 years time. Ha, keep dreaming. This is NOT some random-based priv game. Official stuff like interntaional 5v5 matches take months to set up. It would end up in DQs, teams playing 3v3v2 and dopefish would just proclaim the tourney a disaster in retrospect. Hash has a good idea with TDM as a test to see people's will to show up and play together.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDM..this feels as if I would have gone to KFC and got the Big Mac Smile
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master says : I completely agree with dewww! a lot person takes tournament not enough to serious ! for the number of player by team, it is of course the best 3v3. TDM or CTF it is good. Good idea Dope!
Judge
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hosp says:

it would be nice to see another ctf tourney 3 vs 3 .. im sure that if we pick playabe maps ppl will play it Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: