ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You know I'm really starting to get sick of this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The[TKG]SnakeEater
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: You know I'm really starting to get sick of this Reply with quote

I'm tired of seeing this pop up, it just pops up in the middle of nowhere, Do you guys have any solutions? possibly? I've tried spybot, adaware, malwarebytes, and everyone of them seem to fail and say the computer's fine,
I've uninstalled mcaffe and i'm not going to install it again because it's not going to find anything either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadfisH
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT install that.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I need a web based PC scan PRONTO! because running web based third party spyware protection IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The[TKG]SnakeEater
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand that, but how the heck do i get rid of it?
i renamed all the internet explorer exes to iexplore2.exe but that didn't even helped, what will?
edit: well i think i solved my problem, not sure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The[TKG]SnakeEater
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
lol I need a web based PC scan PRONTO! because running web based third party spyware protection IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

Your joking right? don't get the file that's in the picture, i won't do good things for you but its rogue and most defintely NOt trustable as BadfisH said
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you google it? "virusremover2008 popup" (no quotes) there are a lot of pages explaining how to get rid of it.

This might help I don't know it's http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download/SpyHunter-Scanner100873p2s5.exe Click and install and it is supposed to get rid of it.

I got it from this page, which also has manual instructions on how to get rid of it. http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/remove-virusremover2008

Good luck, it sounds a little nasty to get rid of. You download any codecs lately?
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a great solution... stop using Internet Explorer
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadfisH wrote:
something

Hey you're kidding me man... long time.
When did they let YOU out? Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The[TKG]SnakeEater wrote:
Quiksilver wrote:

Your joking right? don't get the file that's in the picture, i won't do good things for you but its rogue and most defintely NOt trustable as BadfisH said

Of course I'm joking. lol
am I ever serious?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkeTiger wrote:
I've got a great solution... stop using Internet Explorer

i agree with this. somehow, IE seems to let alot of popups/spyware through. not sure about firefox as i'm not a frequent user (just at uni) but that does a better job. opera does better still Smile.

otherwise, as int28 says, just google for a specific removal tool for that spyware. try also running computer in safe mode, and scanning with some antivirus.

which antispyware have you used? also try running these in safe mode. you also want might want to try "Hijack this" (its a program which identifies all programs running), which you can use to help identify where the problem is manually, but you should know what you're doing if you're going to use this program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: