ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clan scene?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Clan scene? Reply with quote

so..i mean tourneys are up, but what about clan stuff? any recent wars? etc?

also i was wondering if anyone is intresting in making a clan?
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clan scene is dead =[
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Clan scene? Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
so..i mean tourneys are up, but what about clan stuff? any recent wars? etc?

Join a clan then you schmuck Wink
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around in about 8 or 9 months now, but I'll tell you why the clan scene has died:

1. People are too goddamn inactive:
I remember when starting RpM the idea was to make a decent team from the clanless members or those from inactive and more or less dead clans in our community. I forgot however, that there was a reason that those members' clans had died. CTR only really had 3 members; Dre, myself and at that point STEIN. Daveybaby and Indymatty were active during the formation and as for revstar (sorry to eV as well for poaching revstar, we wanted RedZTag, but he was a sucker and join a yank clan, tosser) he sooner or later became the only active member in the team.

We had the best (undisputed) team in oceania on paper at the time so what went wrong?

Me: had to move house, subsequently losing my net connection for a month.
STEIN: had his HSC to study for
Dre: went AWOL
Indymatty: went to hospital
Daveybaby: was very temperamental

So within two weeks of it starting revstar was left being the only active member. By the time I got my net connection back, revstar had gone for a few days so Dre thought the clan was dead and joined MOA. STEIN thought the clan died when he saw Dre gone, so STEIN joined eV. Myself, Daveybaby and Revstar rode it out for a while, until I moved house AGAIN. By that point I'd lost faith in the clan scene here.

2. Teams are too afraid of losing:
Playing in a (theoretically) decent team like CTR or RpM there was pressure on us players to be the best. I even remember Rob saying he expected us to do a demo job on MOA. Since RpM only warred MOA in a 2v2 once that was unfulfilled (we lost 10-7?). We were content playing the lower clans (eV, CFH, RFA, ADF) until we had our strategy sorted. Although there were only so many times we could play those teams before they were afraid of us, and WE were afraid of MOA (even though we avoided it) because we still weren't ready.

There was the big ideal also of rearranging clans so that skill was normalised amongst them. I think I might have agreed with it, but in retrospect that was total bullshit. You couldn't force the better players like Rob, andymun and Dre to be in clans with the mediocre just because they're the best.

How's it going to change?
Decent players with some leadership potential need to step up and not be afraid of getting smashed. Mediocre clans need to take on the better teams, even if they get beaten 25-0 try and learn something from them. Trust me, I know that losing gets old, and I know that better than anyone. Although I like to think that everytime I got smashed by better players like Scave and Rob I'd take something from it, thats how I got better. Not to toot my own horn, because even in my prime I was still an average player.

One thing I've learned is that the skill band in oceania is very short. Don't believe me? Within a few months from his first war eblitzkrieg went from an utter noob into one of the best CTF players around. Red turned the page in what seemed overnight, and suprised everyone when he started kicking a lot of ass. Revstar never played for the better clans, but I'd still rate him in the top 5 in the community.

Wow that was a rant and a half. Also, I'll be back in a month or so. If someone wants to start a team I'll be more than willing to try it again or revive a dead one.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and +1
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
I haven't been around in about 8 or 9 months now, but I'll tell you why the clan scene has died:

1. People are too goddamn inactive:
I remember when starting RpM the idea was to make a decent team from the clanless members or those from inactive and more or less dead clans in our community. I forgot however, that there was a reason that those members' clans had died. CTR only really had 3 members; Dre, myself and at that point STEIN. Daveybaby and Indymatty were active during the formation and as for revstar (sorry to eV as well for poaching revstar, we wanted RedZTag, but he was a sucker and join a yank clan, tosser) he sooner or later became the only active member in the team.

We had the best (undisputed) team in oceania on paper at the time so what went wrong?

Me: had to move house, subsequently losing my net connection for a month.
STEIN: had his HSC to study for
Dre: went AWOL
Indymatty: went to hospital
Daveybaby: was very temperamental

So within two weeks of it starting revstar was left being the only active member. By the time I got my net connection back, revstar had gone for a few days so Dre thought the clan was dead and joined MOA. STEIN thought the clan died when he saw Dre gone, so STEIN joined eV. Myself, Daveybaby and Revstar rode it out for a while, until I moved house AGAIN. By that point I'd lost faith in the clan scene here.

2. Teams are too afraid of losing:
Playing in a (theoretically) decent team like CTR or RpM there was pressure on us players to be the best. I even remember Rob saying he expected us to do a demo job on MOA. Since RpM only warred MOA in a 2v2 once that was unfulfilled (we lost 10-7?). We were content playing the lower clans (eV, CFH, RFA, ADF) until we had our strategy sorted. Although there were only so many times we could play those teams before they were afraid of us, and WE were afraid of MOA (even though we avoided it) because we still weren't ready.

There was the big ideal also of rearranging clans so that skill was normalised amongst them. I think I might have agreed with it, but in retrospect that was total bullshit. You couldn't force the better players like Rob, andymun and Dre to be in clans with the mediocre just because they're the best.

How's it going to change?
Decent players with some leadership potential need to step up and not be afraid of getting smashed. Mediocre clans need to take on the better teams, even if they get beaten 25-0 try and learn something from them. Trust me, I know that losing gets old, and I know that better than anyone. Although I like to think that everytime I got smashed by better players like Scave and Rob I'd take something from it, thats how I got better. Not to toot my own horn, because even in my prime I was still an average player.

One thing I've learned is that the skill band in oceania is very short. Don't believe me? Within a few months from his first war eblitzkrieg went from an utter noob into one of the best CTF players around. Red turned the page in what seemed overnight, and suprised everyone when he started kicking a lot of ass. Revstar never played for the better clans, but I'd still rate him in the top 5 in the community.

Wow that was a rant and a half. Also, I'll be back in a month or so. If someone wants to start a team I'll be more than willing to try it again or revive a dead one.
Wink
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already Tried twice with this idea but its nice to try get it going again

plus its hard when people aren't active well it seem's we have a few plays on now how long will that last ?

i still keen for some wars Maybe another with RS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Robbbbb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rade returns and starts playing again, so shall I
coolboy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clan scene sucks eV and TIM are only active ones left, sorry rob but RS all your member are inactive.

czar wrote:

Join a clan making a new one will be hard non claned members are on a low.

Feed the active clans active plays kill the inactive clan members and leave them clanless.

BTW ask us for a war ry RS is not the only clan able to war eV.
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rade: RpM is still live...just me...and Daveybaby, when he gets his tag on every blue moon

the clan scene is dead, and maybe it should stay that way. but i think if anyone wants to start a dominating clan all they have to do is to know how to play a few maps apart from 1,2,4,8,18 zdctfmp and they'll always win the war, as no one plays any other maps...

i have to say that everyone is busy nowadays, so trying to get people on consistently is always the main factor, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. if the clan scene is going to revive itself, oceania needs a larger player base. until we get that there will be no clan scene.

having said that - WOOT for NBK coming back - well at least Lucas and Dylza.

also, morgz appeared for a day and disappeared...what happened with him?
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like you revstar. maybe you should stop hijacking my thread and spreading your negativity.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . . this isn't my section, but the echo of fighting words made me race to this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
. . . . this isn't my section, but the echo of fighting words made me race to this thread.

lol, any fighting words are bullshit anyway. We hate on Rev all the time, but he's good value, so we keep him around.
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:

Bitch!

Oh, and Dre being one of the best players?
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you aussies can duke this one out on pay-per-view!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Robbbbb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolboy wrote:
Clan scene sucks eV and TIM are only active ones left, sorry rob but RS all your member are inactive.

rofl. RS has members which get on regularly enough to war whenever we find anyone willing to organise a date. Not our fault your "clan" never wants to war

DarkeTiger wrote:
Oh, and Dre being one of the best players?

He used to be. Not anymore. Complains too much bout his "Packet loss" despite his awesome latency. He's nowhere near what he used to be

revstar wrote:
WOOT for NBK coming back - well at least Lucas and Dylza.

....lol...

vapid wrote:

Lies. Noone could beat MOA Wink
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:

It was just a clerical error, you were never supposed to be on paper
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they never were.

rpm failed more than xmanz on drugs
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
well they never were.

rpm failed more than xmanz on drugs

epic fail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: