ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coop match

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: coop match Reply with quote

yeah i had this idea for a while...this could be fun, or it could be a fantastic failure.

anyway the idea is to get two teams (clans or just random teams) and into 2 servers of a coop wad (prob dest uknown until we get another). both teams start together.

then its either - who can finish the entire wad first
or, who can finish the most number of maps in a set time.

to make this game move quickly, i'd say 4v4 or even 5v5 would be cool. (remember only one team in one server)

the team should be looking to cooperate to finish the wad quickest. it may mean that some players dont play a particular map. guess you want your team to get the bfg and stay having the bfg.

only problem will be if the server crashes...as it seems to be doing quite a lot in recent times, but fingers crossed this could work.

i think the only kink in this game is the starting/finishing. i was thinking maybe a demo would help. but i how i was thinking it would work was, get the teams in the servers and then in IRC say Go! you can click on the other teams server to see if they are playing before you say go. and then take a screenshot at the end time.

not sure.
but what do you guys think?

we're all pretty good at dest_unknown so it'd be interesting to see how it would go.

on a side note - we need a new coop wad
Scave
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about somebody maintains a monthly high-score for particular wads. At the end of the month, the lowest time (or whatever) wins. This removes the problem of coordinating many people to play at once (something we're notoriously bad at). It could also be extended for coop clan play. Lowest clan times?

We'd just need somebody to verify demos and maintain the high-scores. I chooze you Revstar!!

Quote:
we're all pretty good at dest_unknown so it'd be interesting to see how it would go.

Speak for yourself.. Razz
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: coop match Reply with quote

We definitely need a new coop wad, or if possible, some sort of rotation. There are plenty of wads out there.

As for the coop match idea, a similar thing has been done before on Skulltag, where in one round of a competition, a team of two would go into av map29 with monster + item respawn on and see how many kills they could rack up in total, in 6 minutes - no need to find the exit, just kill stuff. (Although I got about 650 kills myself, my partner only got 150 or so, and so we lost by about 200.)
With this idea, there's no need to try and organise 8 people to be on at once, only 3 are needed (team + overseer), or maybe just teams of one.
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea scave. actually i was thinking doing this like instead of CTF (ie just with whoever's on). frags are good stewy, but i prefer the idea of actually completing maps which may take more than just fragging...

dont know about doing it on different wads all the time - we'd need alot of wads to be put on...

but yea...sound good overall?
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody for an... RJ RACE!
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please no...
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkeTiger wrote:

Yes , but i rather have a wad that not many people know oe played because if it was Dest maby stew would win. well he might not

Would be cool if we could implament a Team coop match some how
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
DarkeTiger wrote:

Yes , but i rather have a wad that not many people know oe played because if it was Dest maby stew would win. well he might not

Would be cool if we could implament a Team coop match some how

Lets not and say we did.
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of a whole wad, why not, say, 3 maps. Best time wins.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: