ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTF Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread was a good laugh, one I needed. Maybe, when I get back, I'll help organise some more international CTF matches. I think with a full strength team we could make some good upsets.

As for Cybershark's comment "But still, pulling just one name out of the hat everytime your collective skill is questioned is kinda lame."

You're exactly right. It's ONE NAME out of a hat. We refer to scave because he plays in yank servers and people generally know who he is. He may the best player in the scene, but players like Robbbbb, andymun, Sharpe (when he plays), or even revstar are fucking close to taking that crown.

Cybershark's second comment was "I will say due to your location and relative lack of servers that Aussie/Kiwi players are the most versatile as they are so used to adverse ping that they never bitch."

That's completely wrong. With the exception of scave and andymun (possibly tomek too, if hes still around) we are shithouse at coping with high pings. Hence most international games we play are disheartening. You'll rarely find one of our players on a foreign server.

I was always one for having only Australians and New Zealanders in #oceania. Why? Because we have others in there that enter and either; firstly spam useless shit that doesn't concern us or secondly do the exact opposite and don't participate at all.

Well that wasted some time. With that I'm off to class.

edit: Get off andy's back too. If there's anyone more cynical than him it's me. He's well respected in our little community and has earned his right to run his mouth. He knows what he's talking about.
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
This whole thread was a good laugh, one I needed. Maybe, when I get back, I'll help organise some more international CTF matches. I think with a full strength team we could make some good upsets.

As for Cybershark's comment "But still, pulling just one name out of the hat everytime your collective skill is questioned is kinda lame."

You're exactly right. It's ONE NAME out of a hat. We refer to scave because he plays in yank servers and people generally know who he is. He may the best player in the scene, but players like Robbbbb, andymun, Sharpe (when he plays), or even revstar are fucking close to taking that crown.

Cybershark's second comment was "I will say due to your location and relative lack of servers that Aussie/Kiwi players are the most versatile as they are so used to adverse ping that they never bitch."

That's completely wrong. With the exception of scave and andymun (possibly tomek too, if hes still around) we are shithouse at coping with high pings. Hence most international games we play are disheartening. You'll rarely find one of our players on a foreign server.

I was always one for having only Australians and New Zealanders in #oceania. Why? Because we have others in there that enter and either; firstly spam useless shit that doesn't concern us or secondly do the exact opposite and don't participate at all.

Well that wasted some time. With that I'm off to class.

edit: Get off andy's back too. If there's anyone more cynical than him it's me. He's well respected in our little community and has earned his right to run his mouth. He knows what he's talking about.

Good rant Cool Thanks babe <3
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big turn out here and vapid we have got some new severs if u haven't been on??

but yes scave is only that plays on usa severs i do play but he plays more.

besides now that we have control on the severs we can put up anyway really so no need to play much in international severs and such..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:

That's completely wrong. With the exception of scave and andymun (possibly tomek too, if hes still around) we are shithouse at coping with high pings.

Hey, I'm not that bad.
vapid wrote:

The same can be said for #zdplayers and most other channels. Also you can't really berate others for doing what we do most of the time.
vapid wrote:

He's well respected in our little community

Not by all.
andymun
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewboy wrote:
vapid wrote:

That's completely wrong. With the exception of scave and andymun (possibly tomek too, if hes still around) we are shithouse at coping with high pings.

Hey, I'm not that bad.
vapid wrote:

The same can be said for #zdplayers and most other channels. Also you can't really berate others for doing what we do most of the time.
vapid wrote:

He's well respected in our little community

Not by all.

sif stew Exclamation
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fail to understand how u can take stealthcps first comment as an insult. he never really implied we were shit. anyway. god damnit someone mention my name in the great players list please...fffs..haha anyway

stealth and cybie...please dont take what rygrass does as the norm for oceania, as he is a KIWI. we dont like them very much..lol i joke..ryans a good kid..but hes..not the best authourity on server set up etc. anyway

STOP FIGHTING FAGS!

lastly, if anyone thinks we are shit, please come down to aus, and have a nice couple of games with us, so we can hand your asses back to joo. gg

peace to all
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
i fail to understand how u can take stealthcps first comment as an insult. he never really implied we were shit. anyway. god damnit someone mention my name in the great players list please...fffs..haha anyway

stealth and cybie...please dont take what rygrass does as the norm for oceania, as he is a KIWI. we dont like them very much..lol i joke..ryans a good kid..but hes..not the best authourity on server set up etc. anyway

peace to all

lmao its pretty funny when u always asked me how to setup severs now u saying i shit at them? besides i always having proplems with ZSL but its fixable
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rygrass wrote:
A big turn out here

Are you referring to there being more players now? Or just more activity?
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
rygrass wrote:
A big turn out here

I believe he's referring to this topic having more posts and people than would be expected.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
rygrass wrote:
A big turn out here

both we are getting more players but this topic has had more posts than i expected
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no..i wasnt talking about ur hosting capibilities, as in technical capibilities, but your actually common sense when it came to servers..its ok man no offence intended..
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the short and jocular conversation about the population of one particular Oceania, they have me, therefore everyone else fails, you'll find none crazier, this has been Nicholas Stevens reporting from your couch, on another note, I have eaten all your cheetos...
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkeTiger wrote:
this has been Nicholas Stevens reporting from your couch.

wtf are u doing on my crotch? wtf
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
DarkeTiger wrote:
this has been Nicholas Stevens reporting from your couch.

wtf are u doing on my crotch? wtf

I'm on your couch, not your crotch, and I'll never be on your crotch, no matter how much you want me to be
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what you say now, but when you see my crotch youll be all for it Wink
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:

I've got plenty of male crotch on me right now, I just need to go collect some female crotch and then I'll be like charlie sheen with a naked woman and some scotch
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkeTiger wrote:
Czar wrote:

I've got plenty of male crotch on me right now, I just need to go collect some female crotch and then I'll be like charlie sheen with a naked woman and some scotch

mm but my crotch is female Surprised
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
DarkeTiger wrote:
Czar wrote:

mm but my crotch is female Surprised

Your not my type ali, too bad lolz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: