ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VENDETTA! CTF tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: VENDETTA! CTF tournament Reply with quote

VENDETTA CTF TOURNAMENT

Tournament format:

Description: Welcome to the vendetta CTF tournament. This tournament will take place between 4 invited clans. The tournament is designed to be quick with a small number of familiar maps chosen and games determined by a simple scoring system.

Game type: CTF

Number of players: Both 4v4 and 3v3 are allowed, being made up of ANY clan player listed at the beginning of the tournament.

Maps: ZDCTFMP 01, 04, 18,

Scoring system: For a change, the tournament will be decided by flags, not games won. Each clan will play every other clan on all 3 maps. The number of overall flags at the end of the tournament will determine the winner. In the event of a tie, both teams will play each other again on all 3 maps, the team with the most flags wins. If there is a tie after this, sudden death will commence with the first team to score a flag the tournament winners.

RULES:

1) Open clan tourney, invitation only.

2) Be respectful!

3) Everyone take a demo

4) Have fun!

5) If a clan goes inactive and is holding the tournament back from being completed, they may be excluded from the rest of the tournament. We will be very reasonable thought about this.

The UBR tournament rewards system will be used for this tournament, found here: http://www.clan-forum.eu/UBR/viewtopic.php?t=43

UBR will take part in this tournament, we would like to invite dp, DoP, and THE. Obviously there are many other European clans we wish to take part in future events, eventually opening our tournaments up to players and clans from other regions. We chose these 3 clans because we know their members very well, we apologise for keeping the tournament small. The next clan tournament will include our friends in CHAOS, BK , SM etc. We'd like to keep our tournaments small for now and hopefully bring back competitive clan play in the long term.

So we would like to hear from our friends in dp, DoP and THE as to whether they would like to participate.

If dp, DoP, and THE are interested, please leave a message here or in the UBR forums:
http://www.clan-forum.eu/UBR/viewtopic.php?t=46

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Thadeuss on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope [THE] will take part of it, but first we'll discuss with our Rontarded leader.

Nice idea Thad, fast and intense maps to blast in, we're looking forward to it. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should ask Snake but I guess you already can consider us in the tourney (:
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WH]-Wilou84 wrote:
I hope [THE] will take part of it, but first we'll discuss with our Rontarded leader.

I will see if I can get an in shape team to this tournament. You will hear from me soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Ron, we're very very rusty as well, but the idea is to get some competitive clan play going, regardless of the result. I hope you can field a team as it would be great to see you guys there!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we will have a team ready. But can you please explain how this tourney is going to work? I mean, do you get to play all 3 other clans?
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, each clan plays another and victory is given by flags Smile
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ron, there are no "stages" here. Just play every clan on all three maps, most flags wins the tourney. The winning team will be honoured by being rewarded with our tourney scoring system, entered into the Hall of fame as
the first VENDETTA winners, and will have a video edited together by myself that will be released to the community to show their successes. There will also be a general video that will incorporate the best scores and frags from the tourney for each team. This will be the standard for future tournaments.

So far DoP, UBR and THE are taking part all we need is to hear from dp and the games can begin Smile
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no invite for us then eh? Rolling Eyes
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
no invite for us then eh? Rolling Eyes

No. Very Happy
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to try and alienate us from the European community, thats their problem, not ours Smile
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea man!! that can be fun Very Happy

i don't understand all thing for the moment like award but i will see

"1 blue flag for an "assist" " what definition you give th that?? assist?
that will be hard no ?to look all demo for all player :s
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welkin wrote:
"1 blue flag for an "assist" " what definition you give th that?? assist?

Think about Quake III Arena's system ( starting from version 1.27 ) :)

When you "help" the flag carrier by killing a foe who was close to him, you get a "Defend" award. When you return your team's flag to the base by touching it and a buddy scores right after that, you get an "Assist" award, and so on :)
This can be quite interesting. :p

Yeah this will be quite long to watch all the demos, maybe that's why he choosed maps where matches can be really fast :p

EmoX : Just pwn in the other tournaments, no need to bother here buddy ;)
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not alienating anyone from anything. We want to keep the tournaments small so they are easy to manage and to develop them over time. If we start small then as they gain popularity there is a much better chance of people actually being committed to playing their matches.

We have friends in Chaos, BK, SM for example. They are being invited to the next vendetta tourney after this. We want everyone to take part, so in the future that means NK too.

We felt with dp ,DoP, and THE there would be a friendly atmosphere with no one arguing or taking things the wrong way. We want these tournaments to take place in a fiercely competitive, yet respectful and fun way.The fact that vampire and weaponX have jumped into the thread accusing people of excluding them when I specifically said other clans would be involved later kind of illustrates why dp, DoP and THE were chosen for our first tourney over NK.

I don't want this to turn into a mud slinging competition, so please just do what the other clans have been doing,; being interested and looking forward to the next tourney which will be soon after VENDETTA is complete.Seeing as this tournament is designed to be fast and furious, the other clans will competeprobably in the next tournament very, very soon.

REWARDS SYSTEM: Yes the rewards system will take a bit of time to watch the demos, that's why after this tournament I'll be approaching some of Zdaemon's more level headed players to watch a couple of demos a week for me and score them if they are willing, just to reduce the work load. I feel if our tournaments become popular that it will be important to have people from outside UBR scoring demos as well to insure no one is too biased :p
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i understand Wink

but for me assist systhem are not good cause point of view are no objectif..
what distence are considèe for a help assistance? near the flag carrier? in map 01 you can help with long distance only with boomstick its considère like assistance or not?
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand it seems complicated, and the rewards system may change with time. We'll just have to see how the assist idea operates.

I was thinking along the lines of killing anyone who is actively attacking the flag runner. We will see how this works when the tourney starts.

We are going to have 1on1, teamdm, ffa and coop competitions in the long run, so there would obviously be a lot of work involved in watching demos, hence why as the tournaments get bigger we'll need a lot of demo judges.

I'll paste a copy of the profile that each person will have in the tournaments to give you a better idea.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
We're not alienating anyone from anything. We want to keep the tournaments small so they are easy to manage and to develop them over time. If we start small then as they gain popularity there is a much better chance of people actually being committed to playing their matches.

We have friends in Chaos, BK, SM for example. They are being invited to the next vendetta tourney after this. We want everyone to take part, so in the future that means NK too.

We felt with dp ,DoP, and THE there would be a friendly atmosphere with no one arguing or taking things the wrong way. We want these tournaments to take place in a fiercely competitive, yet respectful and fun way.The fact that vampire and weaponX have jumped into the thread accusing people of excluding them when I specifically said other clans would be involved later kind of illustrates why dp, DoP and THE were chosen for our first tourney over NK.

I don't want this to turn into a mud slinging competition, so please just do what the other clans have been doing,; being interested and looking forward to the next tourney which will be soon after VENDETTA is complete.Seeing as this tournament is designed to be fast and furious, the other clans will competeprobably in the next tournament very, very soon.

Enough: its sorted.

Anyways, good luck with your tournament and i hope to see some good games : )

Last edited by Vampire Knight on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one mentioned NK Kris, the "etc" was meant to show that there are MANY other clans out there that will be involved if they want. You're being paranoid.

And yes, Rose, Stew, Dynamic are friends. I never even thought about me not mentioning NK. Bar Rose and Weapon I havent seen you guys playing much where as I have seen dp, DoP and Chaos playing alot. This tourney is just designed to be quick.

As for Chaos, well tbh were we any worse when playing with GB? Not really.We complained about lag, talked about cheating etc. In the end everyone just wants to compete.DoP yeh have Hawk in their clan, but he wouldnt be allowed to play.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and rose are on strike until we play UBR in a friendly
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wait wait, before you do, let me get my hankerchief this time and you can tell me all about it. Comments in here and other places justify why NK perhaps weren't mentioned. Not saying it is, but that's my 2 pence.

Now lets fucking do this thang Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: