ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #10 - Barbapapa's CTF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: ZDS #10 - Barbapapa's CTF Reply with quote

oooh, number 10! it's like our first anniversary or something! now i'd promise something special for this milestone but the fact is we like to think that everything we run is special Smile

Barbapapa's CTF has the distinction (as far as i'm aware) of never having been run in the US. and the latest version is very new so there's stuff that's not been played on any servers yet Wink

Game Mode: CTF
Wad: bpctfmp_lol3a
Maps: 26
DMFLAGS: 17412 / 0
Players: 10 (2 spectator slots)
Date: 27th October 2007
Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST
Locations: [CHiP] / [THE] , Red Nexus / Doomed Earth

server hosts, the maplist goes: maps01-16,18-24,26-28

don't forget to join #zdplayers for some pre-match banter and to remind people it's on!
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah and huzzah. If anything deserves such hostage, it is definitely bpctfmp. It's the sort of WAD for which one prays and hopes that RN and DE will find room in their hearts to keep permanently. Quality, variety, level of detail, map size, and level of intricacy are all on par, or better than the more agreeable elements of ZDCTFMP and ZDCTFMP2, and should be considered more agreeable than TLSXCTF (assuming you're not a railgun addict) or UCTF. Huzzah and hurrah!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, that's why it's up.
it's simple back-to-basics flagrunning fun for the most part, like 32in24ctf but all by one guy. and i just love the map where you get to frag all those Icons of Sin Laughing
Swag
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best maps are 01, 02, 08-11, 13, 15, and 23-28...
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic?
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL... forgot about the sessions completely... If forums were up I would have remember
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as the forums were down, and IRC down, it made it difficult to gather players to have a game. How did the US side go? If nothing happened, may we consider repeating this ZDS next week?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in answer Stealth then there was no US side after i sat in the Euro server for 1/2hr without anyone joining. and last weekend there was nothing at all.

spacepirate wrote:
Epic?

epic fail.

idk, perhaps something'll happen this week. can't say i feel inclined to bother about it though.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If forums keeps dieing every weekend ZDS will continue to fail. It's the only way to make people actually know if there is something that week. ZDIRC is a place to catch some people, but not exactly the type of people interested on sessions. I mean, people that actually use ZDIRC before session are people that read about it in forums... it's ZDIRC after all.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think the forums are that big a deal. IRC is much more useful at snagging people as usually those who said they'd attend in the forums have forgotten about it by the time it comes around.

now if an op would send out a blanket message to everyone in IRC when it starts and we had a news announcement on the homepage on the day then we might see some real action.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so we're gonna go with this one once again. hopefully the forums will stay put and irc will be good and people will come to the servers.
i believe RedNexus have some automatic system now for running their servers and i trust Stealth and Chainy will get on the ball.

all details as in the first post - but for Saturday 10th November.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
all details as in the first post - but for Saturday 10th November.

Ah, you lazy butt :- )

I'll be there Cool
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Session was a definition of Epic :3

Lot's of nice games and a great gaming experience... from both maps and players.

Here are some screens for the record :- D

http://hystericctfqwaszx.googlepages.com/Converted_CTF-20071110-204927.jpg

http://hystericctfqwaszx.googlepages.com/Converted_CTF-20071110-203859.jpg

http://hystericctfqwaszx.googlepages.com/Converted_CTF-20071110-202344.jpg

http://hystericctfqwaszx.googlepages.com/Converted_CTF-20071110-201204.jpg

Great LULZ too. Cyu next week.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, gg doods.

It was a toss up with both sides taking turns. Some of the maps were outstanding, while others were rather meh. But all in all, it was a good sesh. Next time you should consider in-game shots instead of end-of-game shots. Might entice someone to play next time. Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm yeah, i was thinking about taking some myself last night too actually. i now dub thee 'official ZDS photographer' quaszx!
one thing those pics do show is that Barbapapa should switch around the colours on the intermission to get better contrast with the scores Wink

qwaszx- wrote:
The Session was a definition of Epic :3

yeah, it really was Very Happy

i got some Euro activity going and i believe a few more people played after that. not great but it was nice to see people making some effort (and regardless of that poll i'm thinking of moving the Euro leg to Sunday night)

the US games lasted 2.5 to 3 hrs so it was the longest ZDS we had so far. it was just really funny that when it started everyone was playing either CrazyCTF or EpicCTF and we had to drag them out of those servers - any other night it'd probly have been ZDCTF all the way Laughing

Quakey and i left after a couple of hours and the greatness of map12's fresh Entryway remake. i really should have shaken the maplist a bit as i guess i'd played all those early maps before and i've still not played the second half... bah!
anyways i think the server got played up to around map20 in the end.

i can see what EQ's saying about the hit and miss of the maps. but as someone who also thought a few of them were 'meh' the first time he played them then i can say that most of them are growers. someone else remarked that they didn't find the maps to be very intuitive but they joined for a couple of the more complex ones. personally i find the totally non-standard, organic layouts to be one of the biggest attractions but there's simple straightforward too, making this a nicely varied and very rewarding pack.
only problem i had with the maps was that the snowy 'Too Much Brown' has liteamps for no reason whereas the next map just has low light and it's too hard to see who is who.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it a lot..after I left I became tired instantly and passed out, but this morning I saw Cyber had left me a pm at midnight saying the games were still going. That's 3 hours! Hope everyone enjoyed it Razz
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first ZDS I've attended this season.

Maybe I attract a lot of people. Laughing
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you're big enough to have your own gravity.

j/k, of course it's the sex appeal Smile
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
hmm yeah, i was thinking about taking some myself last night too actually. i now dub thee 'official ZDS photographer' quaszx!

GG Cybershark Wink Since I'm almost always free at that time (because session starts at 6:00PM for me) I can assist to the session and enjoy the rest of my Saturday without problems. Like Earthquake said, I'm going to take screens of gameplay for next session.

Cybershark wrote:
only problem i had with the maps was that the snowy 'Too Much Brown' has liteamps for no reason whereas the next map just has low light and it's too hard to see who is who.

I almost died of laughter at that map when red team lose 5 to 0 even if they had 5 players and the other 3 :p That next map was a pain. I didn't kill a single soul Laughing
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had to give up on that last map (SS#1). I fell in that fucking pit 3 times, so on my fourth "life", I got smart and went around it and finally made it into the other base. And what do you know? I fall into their fucking pit.

Usually you don't put pits in a map in such a manner where you can't see the edges of it. It looked like solid floor when you walk into that area.

Eh, besides, my team didn't need me, they won with only those 3 players. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: