ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #4 - Eternall Coop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: ZDS #4 - Eternall Coop Reply with quote

Although this isnt a new wad, it certainly kicks ass and coop needs to be played on different wads. So here we go trying something different!

Game Mode: COOP
Wad: Eternall on THE
Mirror: Eternall at FatHax
Maps: 24 (maps 1-3, 6-14, 16-19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31, 32.[note map02 and map12 cannot be completed if jump is not enabled]).
DMFlags: 280580 / 131168
Players: 8 (2 spectator slots)
Date: Friday, September 14th
Time: 7:30pm UK Time / 9:00 pm EST

Note: Each two servers will have seperate maplists. I'm going to suggest that DoomedEarth/THE take 1-3, 6-14 and RN/CHIP take the rest.

Enjoy!
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Doom is certainly popular, and something that I like to see a full server on Very Happy Seeing as I already run an Eternal Doom server ( I have no doubt you stole the idea from me), I shall replace it on Friday with the ZDaemon Sessions configured one.

Hope it's a good one guys Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I like this wad Smile I will play in that one Very Happy
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this wad good memorys of playing it all night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coop wasn't something i'd considered for ZDS as it's something quite outside my usual choice of game but we don't want to leave any style unrepresented here. maybe the Euros will be able to find some enthusiasm for this at least.

StealthCP wrote:
... I already run an Eternal Doom server ( I have no doubt you stole the idea from me)

nope, just the file link Razz
sorry, Bones couldn't find it any other place and i remember it being hard to come by when i first went looking for it. i'll put it onto FatHax too i guess. i'm really quite surprised you're the only one running this Stealth.

we didn't want to force too many players on the maps so as we have two servers for each timezone we split the maps down the middle. that way people get some choice in where (in the WAD) they join. otherwise they've got little chance of seeing their favourite maps. out of interest does anyone know how long this one takes to complete?

oh great and wise TimeOfDeath: is 8 still acceptable for these maps?

Czar or Robbbbbb: are you Aussies going to go with this too? did you get a time decided on?
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are maps that take half an hour to complete by one really good person, who knows the wad inside out. I doubt we'll be repeating the maplist tomorrow night Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, right.

anyways i also found the WAD on the Relentless Beating site
and i uploaded it to FatHax as promised. (file link added to Bones' initial post.)
[Chaos]_DaRk_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay eternall !

A really good wad, Nice choice ! Very Happy
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHiP is up!

one thing - being unused to running Coops myself - don't forget to run it at skill3, not Nightmare guys! also no timelimit or teamdamage! (just a couple of things i realised Bones and i forgot to mention earlier)
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never played this WAD before : D I'll be there like all sessions.
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a blast as always man!!
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely took off well, good choice, however, splitting the maps down the middle was definitely not a good idea, seeing as the later maps of Eternal Doom are much more fun and longer. I tended to notice [CHiP] was more populated due to this. We should have split them one each, I suppose, but hey, I can't complain Very Happy

GGs guys, really enjoyed it
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was alot of fun as usual. Maybe we'll do coop more often than I planned Smile.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huzzah for what was another rocking US turnout!
i wasn't overly eager to be jumping into an infinite-ammo server but it went really well and people were very patient with such puzzling maps.
special mention to KillingBrown for the funniest death out of all the games!

shame DE weren't around earlier on as we could've perhaps gotten both servers running full. but i saw Chainy got on the ball eventually and that server was being played after the RN one had been vacated. total i think this was being played for 4 or 5 hrs maybe?
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry guys Embarassed, I took a mid day nap and even set an alarm, but that didn't obscure the fact that I mistook Central Standard time with EST.

It was really fun though, and definitely a nice wad choice. I hadn't played eternall since the 90s, when I eagerly spent 2 or so days downloading it through a peruvian dial-up connection Laughing.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, It was confusing and got trapped three times and needed to reconnect. The maps are good but too small for a Coop, I mean most of hallways were for just 1 players. Anyway, I didn't enjoy it at all because people that knew how to complete levels finish them before I could do something... Stick to TDM or DM, or COOP where at least 4 players can navigate trough level without problems.

Last edited by qwaszx- on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memento Mori? Hell Revealed? Alien Vendetta?

I know these maps are classics, but I do not see anyone playing them on zd (yes the servers are up, but most of the time, nobody plays them...)
Maybe could be a ZDS at some point, just to 'revive' some of the classics. Personally, I would not mind playing any of those as coop, but I cannot find anyone to play with. Besides, I like these maps better than say, Invasion UAC due to the fact that the authors create a challenging environment, not just put a shitload of cyberdemons in one room. In other words, coop without unlimited ammo, I think that this makes players work together due to the fact that not everyone is capable of using the BFG or SSG, allowing everyone to use their strengths and weaknesses. Just a thought.
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was fun times Smile. Turbo thanks for the servers, guys!

Just a note that all maps can be completed without jumping. Some maps can get stuck, since it was designed for 1 player, but rcon or /set restartemptymap "1" does the job. Though, I feel map28 should be perma-banned from maplists due to how anti-coop the starting room is. Twisted Evil
NaMeLeSs
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serp_i_Molot wrote:
In other words, coop without unlimited ammo, I think that this makes players work together due to the fact that not everyone is capable of using the BFG or SSG, allowing everyone to use their strengths and weaknesses. Just a thought.

if you are going for no ulimited ammo then they need to tone it down to 4 players instead of 6 or something and plus what if someone was a ammo hog and does the wad have enough ammo for that many players alos
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropping the player limit wasn't an option as ZDS is all about having a big party, lotsa players.

qwaszx- wrote:
To be honest, It was confusing and got trapped three times and needed to reconnect. The maps are good but too small for a Coop, I mean most of hallways were for just 1 players. Anyway, I didn't enjoy it at all because people that knew how to complete levels finish them before I could do something... Stick to TDM or DM, or COOP where at least 4 players can navigate trough level without problems.

heh yeah, we did get stuck a bit and thanks man, that's great feedback! Smile

tbh, most coops i've seen are too small for the number of players. unless you go to the huge-open-area-with-2000cyberdemons type of WAD Sad

i totally agree with you about the experienced players. that's another reason why i don't play a lot of coop as you get some asshat who's played the maps through 100s of times speedrunning the thing before you've found one key. alright, not asshats and not exactly speedrunning but they already know where they're going and it spoils it for first time players.
now i don't really have the interest to go back and replay coop maps time and time again so that means unless i grab a private server with some friends that i'm just gonna end up playing it as SP. idk, something to think about.

however i did welcome it in this case as i wanted to see the server keep moving and not have everyone walk out of it because they couldn't find the right wall to hump.

Serp_i_Molot wrote:
Memento Mori? Hell Revealed? Alien Vendetta?

I know these maps are classics, but I do not see anyone playing them on zd (yes the servers are up, but most of the time, nobody plays them...)

and it's pretty much only Euros running those servers. where's the love Yanks?

Alien Vendetta is something i thought might be good for a future ZDS but there is newer stuff too. not a great deal of quality newer stuff but there's some.

and i'd probably have raised questions about having infinite ammo on the ZDS server if i'd realised before i set it up (we just went with some of Samiam's old recommended DMFLAGs). i don't think it was too hellish in there though.

TimeOfDeath wrote:
Just a note that all maps can be completed without jumping. Some maps can get stuck, since it was designed for 1 player, but rcon or /set restartemptymap "1" does the job. Though, I feel map28 should be perma-banned from maplists due to how anti-coop the starting room is. Twisted Evil

heh, well again we just went with Sam's settings and approved maplist (which i'm guessing you had some input in).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: