ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registration for the #5 3 vs 3 CTF Tourney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wad / Style to choose...
ZDUCTF (maps 10,14,23,28)
46%
 46%  [ 26 ]
ZDCTFMP3 (maps 22,26,27,28)
44%
 44%  [ 25 ]
ZDCTFMP1/2/3 - TEAM DAMAGE ON (maps 03,09,16,18)
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 56

Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was hoping to start the "runner-up" tourney immediately after this tourney.. So if ZDU wins, than it will be played and after this one ZDCTFMP3 would be started.. So that means we would have 2 tourneys..

Ufon´s idea is like always a good one Smile though I think we´re loosing one tourney then Sad

By this SUNDAY 15th SEPTEMBER the poll ENDS, so please finish your votes and prepare for registrations so we can start ASAP!!! Thx Smile
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draza_Jr. wrote:
Ufon´s idea is like always a good one Smile though I think we´re loosing one tourney then Sad

You are probably right, besides, my solution is limited by the number of maps that can be used on a server at the same time(so you couldnt have map 23 of zductf and map 22 of zdctfmp3 on the same server) so you'd better hold 2 seperate tourneys......
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe ZDUCTF is currently being outvoted Sad
Mephisto
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
I can't believe ZDUCTF is currently being outvoted Sad
That's what you get when Dope asks random people from #zdplayers, who will never participate in this tourney, to vote for zdctfmp3.
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, zdctfmp3 is played everyday for endless hours, ZDUCTF on the other hand is barely played weekly, and yet IMO is a far better wad then all of the ZDCTFMP's anyway. What's the point in playing the same shit over and over and over again Evil or Very Mad
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
seriously, zdctfmp3 is played everyday for endless hours, ZDUCTF on the other hand is barely played weekly, and yet IMO is a far better wad then all of the ZDCTFMP's anyway. What's the point in playing the same shit over and over and over again Evil or Very Mad

I agree with you that ZDUCTF is surely a better wad than ZDCTFMPs, but..

Do you remember any of our fun games like CZ vs GB and such? When you guys over and over again vote for map01 and map04 to be played over and over again?? This is where I ask what´s the point.. Yeah ZDCTFMP3 is played all the time, but there wasn´t any tourney in it yet!

And like I said if this goes well and quick, the runner-up tourney will start soon after this one..

and btw in August both of us (me and Rag) had a vacation so we decided not to start any tourney and almost immediately there was a question "where´re all the tourneys?".. now you have a September 1 on 1 tourney and CTF tourney coming soon and still there is a lot of whining and complaining! Simply we cannot satisfy every players needs so we try our best by making poll questions and such.. if we would just made a ZDUCTF tourney, the situation would be completely reversed.. please remain calm and lets see what will happen tomorrow! Thx
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still asking other players to vote even if they aren't going to play is a bit unfair IMO. Dopefish

Last edited by WeaponX on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure zdu has a lot of votes from players that are not going to play
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
Still asking other players to vote even if they aren't going to play is a bit unfair IMO. Dopefish

Our silence on this part of the forums doesn't mean we're not reading and not gonna participate, son Smile
Maybe we won't, though, cause of my hard engineering school starting again and thus an absence of two weeks, coupled to Ronnytard's work, but [THE] Red Devils will hopefully have a team for this, whatever the wad is. I guarantee it.

And no need to blame poor Dopefish, since this vote is public. Even people who don't really care can vote, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with weaponx. I mean what use does the people have if they vote but doesn't play? I mean I won't vote, maybe if I can get a team soon....
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:

Well I dunno if it is true. But if yes, than it is very unfair.. I know that this poll is open for public so everyone can vote, but persuading someone to vote is very weird.. same as someone can visit a friend and vote from his IP adress.

I promise that the #6 CTF tourney will be the runner-up of this poll. That´s all I can do for the players so they might fell "satisfied".
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually only people with a forum account can vote, so its not as easy as visiting a friend as its only one vote per account and creating account takes time(and needs approval)
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Dopefish is really on crusade.. and its working. ffs. Laughing now voting is even, so half of the players will get disappointed.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draza_Jr. wrote:
Simply we cannot satisfy every players needs so we try our best by making poll questions and such..

this could work well for the 1on1 tourneys too. just thinking about how this month's went down with my map which people either loved or loathed. throwing up a poll with 2 or 3 choices would mean that people would see maps before the start of the tourney and have chance to give some feedback on them and there'd be more of a buildup to the tourney. just a thought.

WeaponX wrote:

Surprised GG Xie. but pretty sure you're guilty of this too Razz
i'd have to argue with that as ZDUCTF disappoints with too many maps that are excessively frustrating or which look almost identical. that's not to say that you can't pull an awesome maplist out of it though. which is something i keep meaning to get around to on [CHiP]...
i might have to come get your opinion on what should be in or out Wink
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuomio wrote:
Yeah Dopefish is really on crusade.. and its working. ffs. Laughing now voting is even, so half of the players will get disappointed.

Not half of the players cos 90% of the ZDCTFMP3 votes are done by players who won't even be competing
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
Tuomio wrote:

Not half of the players cos 90% of the ZDCTFMP3 votes are done by players who won't even be competing

you know shit
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is shit?
Libor
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
Tuomio wrote:

sorry, only dopefish wants zdctf3, the rest of votes were made by quake players
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draza and I have decided to pick ZDUCTF for this tourney. Both got about an equal part of the votes, but since quite some people are saying Dope hasnt dealt with this totally fair, we decided to go with UCTF.

However for all who voted zdctfmp3, and were also actually thinking in taking part in it Razz, the runner-up tourney will have that wad, so dont be sad Wink.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: