ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idea about importance of EXP over Tourney Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinobi-cl
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Idea about importance of EXP over Tourney Results Reply with quote

Hi guys.

This is just an idea i have. Being that the Tournaments are not as alive as always, i was thinking?

Are the tournaments more important than EXP points?

If you think they are, maybe you will agree with me, that, in some way, ZD should encourage the Tournaments, in a way that the results on the Tourneys are more important than simple EXP points.

That can be done in some ways:

* EXP points worth 5x or 10x times on a tournament. (But balanced in a way that is, for example, 2x on negative EXP on tourneys, to not discourage losers much)
* In the ZD interface, is very easy to reach EXP tables. It should be even easier to reach a Tournament Ranking, so people see this 1st AND start considering it more important that simple EXP points)
* A more Radical thing, is to show medals on the Game Scoreboard(On the Launcher or inside the same game), each simbolyzing, for example, 1) 1st place on 1-vs-1, 2) Member of the CTF champion team, 3) Member of the TDM 2nd place team... etc etc.
Of course, this would make a little tricky designing those medals, as there more that one league, but, i think some agreement can be done about it.
In that way, people would look for those MEDALS, because everyone will see them. In that way, encouraging a LOT tournament activity.

Well... there ara only some ideas, of course, everything depends on dev. work, so is by no way a feature request. Just wanted to think what you people think about it. Because, frankly, everyone cares too much about EXP (which IMO is still a nice feature).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts on the way things are prioritised currently.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournaments and EXP points have always been purposely exclusive. I always thought a system similar to the EXP points system could be created for tournaments where it lists in a player's profile the number of tournament wins they have, how many times they have come in second, etc. I believe something like this would make winning tournaments more important.

Unfortunately, since its much easier to gain EXP and there is no such page for tournaments, along with tournaments being dead at the moment, EXP is certainly more important.
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the ELO rating system to be the best for rating a player and rated matches.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: