ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-Camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desert_Fox
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Anti-Camp Reply with quote

Campers really annoy me. Especially on Brit10 at the BFG spawn.

Could you set up an anti-camp system of some sort where you're not allowed more than 2 kills with 1 minute in the same meter square or something alond the lines?
Mojon man
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like campers, then frag them. It's usually quite easy in my opinion.

And it's part of the game btw, you should live with it.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or play a map where something like this isn't possible, if its a ffa map(and lets not forget some ffa is being played on duel maps) and you can sit in one place until you run out of ammo then its a badly designed map and it doesn't deserve to be played.

But i agree with you its most annoying, i have nothing but contempt those FFA campers and every other week when i'm bored enough to play FFA and see this i leave the game and need another 2 weeks to forget how lame FFA can get.

Last edited by ufon on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, +1 Mojon, when you see a camper, don't tell him he's camping, because he'll feel horny. Instead, kill him. Kill him again, and again, and again, until he leaves. :sadistic:

Mappers should think about campers when they make maps. In Brit10, you can camp at the BFG9000 spot in almost every map, it's not good.
Brit11 is better, no camping spot. That's why nobody plays it, maybe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Desert_Fox
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, 3 instant responses.

Quote:
If you don't like campers, then frag them. It's usually quite easy in my opinion.

Sometimes it's impossible, but I see what you mean.

Well, I guess my idea is scrapped then.
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[MAG]Desert_Fox wrote:
Quote:

Sometimes it's impossible, but I see what you mean.

It's always possible, on Brit10 I mean. You can either pump almighty-rockets-of-rage directly on the camper, or bring the whole tower down, or have an access to his spot by any other mean.
If you can't, then it means that the map is badly designed :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Merk
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camper solution. bind (key) turn180 ....... this is great for those campin fools...teleport or spawn and quickly hit turn180 and shoot at the same time.....hopefully you have SSG...its great when you teleport and turn around instantly and blast the camper before he knew what hit him...lol GG
Desert_Fox
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks Thug it really works.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everybody hate me or call me a fool? Crying or Very sad
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WH]-Wilou84 wrote:
Yeah, +1 Mojon, when you see a camper, don't tell him he's camping, because he'll feel horny. Instead, kill him. Kill him again, and again, and again, until he leaves. :sadistic:

wholly agreed Very Happy
some of them really can't take it. i had one bitch at me once because i kept winkling them out of a blind drop area with my BFG Laughing

[WH]-Wilou84 wrote:
Mappers should think about campers when they make maps. In Brit10, you can camp at the BFG9000 spot in almost every map, it's not good.
Brit11 is better, no camping spot. That's why nobody plays it, maybe.

uh well... the reason for this, like Ufon said but not enough people are aware of is that Brit10 was only designed for duels (and the author's note on Brit11 states that "some of the maps may be too small for 4players").
yet is there a a single duel server for either Brit?
such a tragedy that those maps, like Forever.wad are only associated with crappy servers and cheap players now and the maps get criticised for these things Crying or Very sad

ufon wrote:
play a map where something like this isn't possible

basically get some friends and head for a server that you never see played. one that i recently fell in love with is Kandyman on L@P. it's been around for ever, the maps are quite bizarre, the player limit is quite high for a non-Ch@osz server, nobody knew the maps and it got busy both times i started some game there Smile

[MAG]Desert_Fox wrote:
Could you set up an anti-camp system of some sort where you're not allowed more than 2 kills with 1 minute in the same meter square or something alond the lines?

it's not going to happen Laughing
but we do have spawn protect on some servers like the GSN DW5M1. maybe that's what you need now you've come out from the safety of teh HQ Desert_Fox?
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThUg-LiFe wrote:
camper solution. bind (key) turn180 ....... this is great for those campin fools...teleport or spawn and quickly hit turn180 and shoot at the same time.....hopefully you have SSG...its great when you teleport and turn around instantly and blast the camper before he knew what hit him...lol GG

that would look like aimbot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milian
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feed the camper! Very simple.

In that map, the easiest way to escape the camper is to just don't try to get the BFG. No need for additional skill or key bindings. Let him starve. Very Happy
Libor
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camping is part of game, if you cant deal with it, just leave

and as for brit10 issue, we all know this is the only one server that is full most of the time, most of the players use 3 basic techniques
- shooting on respawn points with plasma or rl
- camping
- bfg whoring

now imagine a newbie who want to play some ffa and join brit10, what can he learn there? ...imo this is a disaster for zd.
I see a lot of newcomers on brit10 and I have to say most of them stay and will stay newbies. but dunno if its their mistake or not. but for sure i know that they have now other choice than brit10 when they want some good ffa action.

edited - now I see that both brit10 are full and greenwar too (the one with 2dmmaps weapons, so no surprise Smile)
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution: don't play brit10. Ever.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 words: Learn to Frag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some servers use the 2-second spawn protection, which stops camping, but I think it's dumb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Real_Russia
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: - Reply with quote

Quote:
Solution: don't play brit10. Ever.

Yeah. I am agree with adreth. Camping on other wads always not giving campers easy win. May be some people think that the respawn protection and nobfg.wad is a good anticamping and antibfgwhoring solution but i am not agree with this. This game is not a doom. Cool
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not saying i agree with its widespread usage Real but neither is having more than 4 players in a map 'Doom' Wink
so the argument is invalid.

Libor wrote:
camping is part of game, if you cant deal with it, just leave

sad but true. E1 deathmatch encourages it more than anything after all.
i'll just never find it satisfying to play any map that way.

Libor wrote:
and as for brit10 issue, we all know this is the only one server that is full most of the time...
...now imagine a newbie who want to play some ffa and join brit10, what can he learn there? ...imo this is a disaster for zd.

yeah, too true. i'm truly thankful that 2dm is just a memory now. the whole idea with the R-Green server was to put players in different (and better designed) maps where they wouldn't know all the easiest spots. it'd be cool if fad3r changed it over again. Dwango10 or 12 would be good for it imo.

but 2dm went and predictably everyone fell back on Brit10. it'd be nice, if only for a week to see that off the serverlist just to see what people would find to play. it's just insane that people didn't even bother with the other Ch@0zZ servers when they were up Sad
[n00b]CrossFire
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bind for trun180 is very helpful for teh campers. i wouldnt know what to say, its basically been covered. the bind, starve the camper, brit 10 is teh ghey, rockets of rage, you have plenty of options.
but if all else fails, and your fellow opponents dont get the point that theyre not getting through the spawn alive, like flys to the window, i would suggest guarding the spawn point. you know thats where all the action is, why not take the campers fire? i would suggest RL or PR depending on the number of players.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: