ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What exactly are youall planning to do to strafe50...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocelot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: What exactly are youall planning to do to strafe50... Reply with quote

Manual strafe50 must remain an option. That is, activating strafe50 by either 1.mouse strafing, or 2.holding down a turn button, strafe on button, and strafe to side button at the same time. This is not going anywhere, right?

The only thing that might go away is the possibility of activating st50 with one button only, right?
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure; we're only investigating about how to block various "automation style" macros without crippling the entire thing. I don't think that there should be any controversy about this; if anything, it's closer to the design of the original.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What exactly are youall planning to do to strafe50... Reply with quote

ocelot wrote:
Manual strafe50 must remain an option. That is, activating strafe50 by either 1.mouse strafing, or 2.holding down a turn button, strafe on button, and strafe to side button at the same time. This is not going anywhere, right?

The only thing that might go away is the possibility of activating st50 with one button only, right?

I have it done with two keys, forward and one key bound to three things; strafe on, strafe left/right, and turn left/right.

ESDF, E+R = SR50 right, E+W = SR50 left.
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Doominations method is the wrong way, that should be stopped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:

I only do that because my keyboard can only have 2 keys pressed down at the same time. When it is stopped, I guess I will have to do without SR50. Carry on.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ladies will get burned in CTF either way, old style or new style (I use conventional style btw).

See you in Euro CTF Wink.
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
DevastatioN wrote:

I only do that because my keyboard can only have 2 keys pressed down at the same time. When it is stopped, I guess I will have to do without SR50. Carry on.

Different keyboard drivers usually solve this problem.

I agree with devastation though.... triple binding keys makes it too easy.

Last edited by Da_maniaC on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
DevastatioN wrote:

yea i know what you mean about the keyboard, im using a keyboard key for fire and i can't play on most keyboards
i suggest you either get a better keyboard or switch to mouse strafing for SR50(meaning you will bind "strafe on" to a mouse button and use mouse movement for turn left/right, which i believe to be the best method anyway)
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufon wrote:
Doomination wrote:
DevastatioN wrote:

yea i know what you mean about the keyboard, im using a keyboard key for fire and i can't play on most keyboards
i suggest you either get a better keyboard or switch to mouse strafing for SR50(meaning you will bind "strafe on" to a mouse button and use mouse movement for turn left/right, which i believe to be the best method anyway)
'

I would, but I already have all my mouse buttons gone. Mouse3 is use, and Mouse2 is jump. Mouse1 is fire. I wish I could get another keyboard, but I share this computer with four other people, and they'd never allow a competition keyboard. Guess when it's eliminated I'll just have to use sr40 Sad
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
Guess when it's eliminated I'll just have to use sr40 Sad

Or... learn the proper way? Really, you shouldn't rely on the keyboard so much. I can play mouse-only with my left hand and sip a beer in the other Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StealthCP wrote:
Doomination wrote:
Guess when it's eliminated I'll just have to use sr40 Sad

Or... learn the proper way? Really, you shouldn't rely on the keyboard so much. I can play mouse-only with my left hand and sip a beer in the other Laughing

how many mouse buttons do you have? Razz I only have three.

edit: gah why do I get myself involved in threads? I hate having attention.
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol 8 posts oce, thats got to be a record Smile

I dont use SR50, I used to but it turned out to be more of a distraction
than of much practical use (except when getting away from spawnkilling)
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you practiced it enough you'd realise that statement is wrong on almost every level...
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StealthCP wrote:

I'm intrigued. Please disclose your mouse configuration to us.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, it's just that from classic doom, generally, though due to the nature of my brain I keep the mouse configured for right hand - I seem to automatically use the opposite fingers, same if I chose or had to use the mouse in the left in Explorer (as is necessary when in bed Laughing) So yes it's mouse1-fire, mouse2-strafe and doublemouse2-open, however I use space still in this setup.

Apart from that it's more mouse+key assist, I would still change weapons with the keyboard. I only use my mouse-only skill as a novelty, it's nowhere near on par with my general mouse+keys configuration, however it's fun to impress the mates close by and challenge them to a one sided match Twisted Evil I should practice it more, I have a feeling I'm going to lose one of my hands these days Shocked Smile

EDIT: I might add that I played keyboard only when I was 5, then mouse only + a few keys from I was about 6-10 years old. I'm now 17, though joined ZDaemon when I was 14 and started using keys+mouse, with ESDF. Apart from that I use DevastatioN's form of SR-50, certainly more natural, and the easiest legal way of doing it imo Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, heh, I was imagining like someone playing doom at their full potential with only a mouse.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomination wrote:
oh, heh, I was imagining like someone playing doom at their full potential with only a mouse.

I could if I tried, though I've stopped playing since august, so that'd axe me quite a bit Sad
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, so how do you run? Backwards? No special binds or anything?

Hell I have a 5 button mouse. I should put that to use, no?
Skater
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the mouse to fire and open stuff only, the key board to move..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
Erm, so how do you run? Backwards? No special binds or anything?

I move the mouse backward Rolling EyesLaughing

EarthQuake wrote:
Hell I have a 5 button mouse. I should put that to use, no?

Certainly. I have a five button mouse too and it helps extremely well with mouse+keys and mouse only. As most of you know mouse only is generally accompanied by an extremely high sensitivity too. Fair enough, there are reasons for that. A simple Microsoft Intellimouse Optical and the proprietary drivers allow me to set the side button to gather more precision, e.g. lower sensitivity. Excellent.

My other side button is often TeamSpeak chat Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: