ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[eV] vs [CTR]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: [eV] vs [CTR] Reply with quote

i finally decided to post this up because its a little easier to organise for me. not sure when we'll actually get this done, because i'm busy with uni work and probably wont be able to play until either the study week or end of exams.

anyway here's what we have so far:

there will be a 3v3 CTF war and a 2v2 TDM

teams and maps yet to be decided, as well as the server.

i was wondering, if theres a chance it could be 4v4 CTF and 4v4 TDM? does it seem like a good idea.

and server wise: i was thinking that jst could host it or else play on the gamearena servers. if you guys use trilinear in any of your games, wondering if it would be worth to also play on an nz server (xtra perhaps, now that rygrass has rcon access)
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt think about doing a 4v4 with ctr. they just dont have enough dudes on em yet.
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czar wrote:
i wouldnt think about doing a 4v4 with ctr. they just dont have enough dudes on em yet.

Sharpe, Baphomet, Zardoz, Vapid.

Easy.
[CTR]Dre
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob has a point. It'd just be a matter of getting all of us together at once, which actually wouldn't be too difficult. I'd prefer not to play on any xtra servers, but we can discuss that possibility I suppose - but gamearena/jst servers will be fine (And I don't really see an alternative to these either?)

I'll see what the rest of CTR think, but it looks like game on!

Although I would like to have my new mouse first... Laughing

Also, how will maps be decided? I figure there should be 3 maps for each (3 ctf, 3 tdm) where each clan decides on one map, then the 3rd map is decided by both clans?
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not play on Xtra or Jst's server, both of them are borderline unplayable for me. I think GameArena should do just fine anyhow. I'm working a bit over the next few days, but leave me a message with a proposed time and I'll tell you if I'm available or not.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough, but zardoz hasnt played in a while
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
I'd rather not play on Xtra or Jst's server, both of them are borderline unplayable for me. I think GameArena should do just fine anyhow. I'm working a bit over the next few days, but leave me a message with a proposed time and I'll tell you if I'm available or not.

im not gonna be on very much for the next week or two so theres no worry. its why im posting it here...you can check in your own time.

and theres more CTR ppl than that rob, you forgot trilinear and clowndog.

well i was thinking 5 maps for CTF. dont know how many maps/wads for TDM. i'd like to (as well as playing on map1 and map7) play some other wad like udm3 or something.

the xtra servers was an idea just if trilinear and rygrass were playing...then we'd both have 1 player on each team with low ping and the rest higher.

vapid: i agree in some ways, sometimes jst's servers play up a little and the xtra ones have to be having a good day for me. but the GA servers are getting just as bad now. also, we cant control map choices...we'll have to run the maps to change...and that would take a while lol.

any alternatives?

on the 4v4 idea, i havent even talked about it with eV. it was just an idea.
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
I'd rather not play on Xtra or Jst's server, both of them are borderline unplayable for me.

Lame.

You get much better connection than any of the WA players, you shouldnt be complaining
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its fuckin nub talk all that. anyway, how come ur organising this rev, and not ryan?
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol idno. i got asked by sharpe and vapid. ry was cool with it...its just that i took the initiative to post it Smile
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EV ON TOP HOMMIES
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbbbb wrote:
vapid wrote:
I'd rather not play on Xtra or Jst's server, both of them are borderline unplayable for me.

Lame.

You get much better connection than any of the WA players, you shouldnt be complaining

If you remember correctly Rob, you outpinged me on Jst's server. And I don't see why we should play in NZ. I dont see why it should be played in Xtra either, because i have a feeling the CTF team would be as rob pointed out earlier.
In addition to this (BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!) now (or the next week) will not be the best time for me to war at all.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf u ping lower than me in xtra severs...

what ever.

i not playing in the aussie severs atm i lag to much. idk y its getting worse for me expect doom 1 heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: