ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oceanic Open Tournament May
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Oceanic Open Tournament May Reply with quote

Oceanic Open Tourney May is now open for registration, Click here to register.

Rules

- Take into consideration that we dont have a permenant tournament server atm. Arrange someone to host when organising your matches, I will try to have a server up as much as possible.

- Min Exp points needed to enter this Tourney - 1000

- You must reply to the verification E-Mail sent to you or your place will be re-opened for someone else. This is the first stage in making sure you turn up for your match.

- If you fail to turn up for your game you will be banned from the current Tourney and next months Tourney. Only sign up if you're sure you can play, we will not tolerate no-shows.

- You must contact your opponent A.s.a.p after you find out who they are and arrange a time to play. If you miss your match and the other player turns up, the above rule applies. If neither player turns up, the above rule also applies.

- Post your scores in the forum or E-Mail them to the Tournament moderator.

- Be sure to post in the forums at least once every round. If your match doesn't get played for whatever reason, then I have no record of what extent both of you tried to contact the other. The result will be a double DQ.

- It is highly recommended that you include a messenger service as well as email. They're free to get, and they will increase your chances of playing your matches greatly.

- Rematches are no longer allowed, if you have a problem during your match speak to your apponent to arrange another time as soon as the problem becomes apparent.

- Tourney admin must be notified before the end of a round if extra time for playing your match is needed, failure to do so can result in DQ.

- Aliases are no longer allowed. If you have more than one nickname and it is used on a regular basis that's ok, a new nickname purely for the tourney will get you DQ.

Dates

Round 1: 03/05/07 - 10/05/07
Round 2: 11/05/07 - 17/05/07
Round 3: 18/05/07 - 24/05/07
Final: 25/05/07 - 31/05/07
Registration for June Tourneys: 25/05/07 - 31/05/07

Level: Styxdm01.wad map02
Players: 16

Tournament Admin is Jstb4udie.
Good luck all!
stewboy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll register, although I'll no doubt get knocked out first round, I'm hopeless at 1v1s.
Although, in just about every single other tournament I've been in, I've had trouble being on at the same time as my opponent, and as a result the games were greatly delayed (in one tourney I was disqualified for being so late). I'm afraid that might happen this time as well, despite the fact that I am on a bit more regularly than I probably was then.

Edit: Damn SQL doesn't seem to like apostrophes.
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in , although one day i be away that week but i should make it since i am on everyday..

so yep i am in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes im in.

nick: [DW]Czar
Exp: Dont matter
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in...although i'll probably get rob in the first round :/

stew...might have to post your msn up here so that we can contact you

what happens if neither player can host? will you be hosting it for short times/games jst?
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should have specified that a third person is required to host each match, so neither player has the advantage of hosting over their opponent. Ill keep my server up as much as possible each night but if you require an earlier time then 7 or so get in touch with me and Ill arrange to have a server up and running...
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10/16 slot filled already, and it was only announced about 15 hours ago. Nice effort. I'm not a big fan of the map, but I'll have to make do.
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vapid wrote:
10/16 slot filled already, and it was only announced about 15 hours ago. Nice effort. I'm not a big fan of the map, but I'll have to make do.

lol first time ive seen that map...i'll have to get a few practice matches in

couldnt we have started with something more simpler like d5m1 or d5m7(i know its overdone but hey, everyone is relatively familiar with them)
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Open Tournament maps each month are the same for US, Euro and Oceanic tournaments.... maps that are chosen are normally from wads that most ppl havent seen to keep things interesting, and expand peoples wad library

Just as a side note, Im in the middle of working out a seeding system for a special end of year tournament that takes into account the results from tournaments throughout the year... perhaps we could use a more common wad like dwango5 or udm3 for that
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm sounds good jst
revstar
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jstb4udie wrote:
The Open Tournament maps each month are the same for US, Euro and Oceanic tournaments.... maps that are chosen are normally from wads that most ppl havent seen to keep things interesting, and expand peoples wad library

Just as a side note, Im in the middle of working out a seeding system for a special end of year tournament that takes into account the results from tournaments throughout the year... perhaps we could use a more common wad like dwango5 or udm3 for that

how come no one hosts these maps on a regular basis? these weird maps dont seem to be popular :/
DarkeTiger
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer it the map hosted was one that noone knows about, that way nobody could have an advantage because they know that map when the other contestant doesn't, and screw dwango maps, I'm sick of them

btw, I think you can just check the tournament section off of zdaemon.org and it'll have all the info there on people's msn, etc, though you probably already know that.

And yes, this is my first tournament in doom
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like only 2 ppl can host for this tourey?.

ohwell
sounds great gl!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vapid
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkeTiger wrote:
I'd prefer it the map hosted was one that noone knows about, that way nobody could have an advantage because they know that map when the other contestant doesn't, and screw dwango maps, I'm sick of them

Yeah thats a good point. It's kind of a failsafe to see the best players win. At least it gives me some comfort knowing that nobody else knows about the map either.
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck off im gonna play on rygrass' lag filled servers. 200 ping isnt for me.
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then you will have to play on my server....
Lucky for you that you have this choice because Ry will have to host my matches unless theres another Aussie who is willing to host
Scave
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can host but I just can't guarantee anything. I'm travelling down to Sydney soon and I've got other shit on. However, if you're desperate, send me an email (scavemail@gmail.com) and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Scave on Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Czar
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude rygrass CAN host but he has no clue how to. ull be pinging 120's in his servers.
Pacey4324
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I can't practice, coz all i have to practice on is my sister and bots which are hardly a challenge.
Robbbbb
Born with a creativity deficiency

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the list is full, so Is there any way you can put me on some sort of waiting list or whatever, if a player doesnt show that i can take the place?

As many of you know im out in the country workin so my internet access is restricted but i will be back by may 4th. You all know I would be good to play etc and that i am reliable.

So if anyone doesnt show up for a game, i would like to take the place, that being said i dont want anyone to drop out on my account.

thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: