ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 vs 2 Tournament: September???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[AD]m0rgZ
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: 2 vs 2 Tournament: September??? Reply with quote

Well we did have a 2vs2 ctf goin a while back but never finished it, and I really wanted to finish it but never got around to it neways... I feel we should have a 2vs2 CTF Tourney and so does layzi and krayzi and im sure theres many othrs that would like to participate in it..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I believe our area of the universe is a bit too unorganised at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Krayzi
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep......... i rekon if we get enough people interested which shud b pretty esy, due to there being so many australian players active at this present time, then yer. get it goin.
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting them initially interested is the easy part....getting everyone to finish their matches is much harder

Going to need to find dedicated players who will finish what they started, and strict deadlines so that matches actually get played...
Hel_master
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I reckon 2 vs 2 ctf would be sweet except of course for the fact that no body ever finishes their damn games (not that I'm fully exempt from that myself Embarassed )

it's hard enough getting two ppl to one match let alone getting four there...if this is going to go ahead I think we should keep it small, say four teams of two and give it a strict timetable...maybe even say, if you want to be in this tourney you have to be availible every wednesday night from 6-8 in which to play games. This means that you must be online during that time whether you play or not. I know it sounds bitchy but it's for a good reason and not all that hard to do really. And if you're not availible then you're out. Simple easy and clear cut. mean nasty unfair and ruthless yes but I ain't denying that Wink

How does that sound?
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea, except I'm available on Tuesday nights a lot more often than any other night. =P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Krayzi
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well......... me n m0rgzy will try get dis thing up and running.
players start posting ur teams:-
so far the teams are as follows:-
team 1 - ]DR[m0rgz] and [DR]krAyZi]
team 2 - ]DR[Jst] and [DR]lAyZi]
Depending on the reliable interest in this tournament, will depend on the number of teams accepted for entry.
But, rules will b kept strict so that the tourny is successfull in every way possible.
My personal suggestion is that an agreement is made between a majority of players for a night in which every round will b played. one night exceptions can b made by poeple who let me or m0rgz know. every team should vs every other team, (spread out ova a number of arranged nights, playing one match a night), first to 5 flags, with an unlimited kill count. both the final flag count and the amount of kills each player gets will b officially recorded but frags will only b counted in the event of a tie.

Now..... Deathz0r we would appreciate if u could help us out in the judication of this tourny, by makin a updated compitition table, with all da scores, to put into this thread.
remembering that its not goin to b set out in a 'knock out' format, more like a 'round robyn' type tourny. this way everyone is guarentedd more than one game:D

we are open for suggestions and ideas on how to run the tourny, but if its all good, then start posting some teams and lets get this underway:p
----------------> Deathr0w On Top <-----------------
jstb4udie
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this all sounds pretty cool, earlier days of the week would be better for me... so monday or tuesday i guess
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krayzi wrote:
remembering that its not goin to b set out in a 'knock out' format, more like a 'round robyn' type tourny. this way everyone is guarentedd more than one game:D
That's exactly how the original plan was. A single-elimination tournament with only four teams will not work, so the round robin method was implemented.

Now, I'm going to be waiting for ZDCTFMP3 to be finished before we start this tournament. Of course, we could decide to use ZDUCTF instead, but hey... whatever works.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: