ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FloSPCTF Complete

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: FloSPCTF Complete Reply with quote

Finally, after some annoying work fixing the TEXTURE1 lump, it is finally complete, FloSPCTF: Florian SpacePirate Capture The Flag. With tons of bugs fixed... unused patches removed unuseful details removed and better gameplay. And offcourse better weapon placement. Here are the new things that I have changed:

MAP01: Big difference. Outside doesn't look odd anymore and tons of weird details removed (for less lag) less ammo for RL so also less spamming. And offcourse some textures I changed.

MAP02: A whole new look, cramped hallways made too better... with allot of space, better jumppads, less ammo or RL. No ammo at all for plasma, and again allot and I mean allot of vertices deleted and details, again less lag.

MAP03: Fixed the huge spamnation, now it is kinda hard to spam... there is still spam only with 8 rockets for the RL and some hills in the middle, also the water doesn't have damage anymore.

MAP04: Well... hard to explain, details removed better weapon placement and some textures changes. But the biggest thing is the sides of each bridges.

MAP05: Well, putted arrows where the flag is and new windows, better gameplay.

MAP06: Removed the bottleneck, so I am very excited about the new fast gameplay. And many many many details and vertices deleted.

MAP07: Details removed and now there are two ways to come to the flag, also in one way I made the hallways bigger.

MAP08: Doors open and details removed. Also the weird place where you are instant dead is gone, no damage just a hole of -16 with blood and water.

MAP09: The room where the flag is deleted, made a new room that is the same height as the floor where you go in, so no worries about annoying jumppads. And some details removed.

MAP10: Not so much, only fixed the doors and there is a small stair, so you can come on the higher way on the level.

MAP11: No changes except 3 textures changes.

I hope you like the changes, and it will be the best if this can be reviewed. Thanks Smile I know after 1000 versions.. but I am sure I watched it 100 times before I put it on ZDreview, it is complete Smile Oh I almost forget, here you can download it:

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RSHJR9K3Y4LG2SZL7F1LCD3CA

EDIT: You don't need a maplist now, because I also fixed the MAPINFO Wink
killingblair
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay and such. Very Happy
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouSendIt sucks, so I've mirrored it on my ISP webspace for now.

http://members.home.nl/meuwissenth/flospctff.zip

Great stuff Smile
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know YouSendIt sucks!! Thanks allot man Exl for uploading it!!! Smile
killingblair
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rapidshare.de

Evil or Very Mad

Why don't people use this?
Grue
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killingblair wrote:
http://rapidshare.de

Evil or Very Mad

Why don't people use this?
i might now!
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reviewed by me (gollum): http://zdaemon.org/wadreview/?RecordID=167
uploaded to: http://69.8.149.153/~gollum/wads/flospctff.zip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we have pretty much the same pack reviewed twice. Why is that?
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exl wrote:
So now we have pretty much the same pack reviewed twice. Why is that?

Because this one is fully updated and all the bugs are fixed and unused texures etc. Read the first post. Thanks for the review gollum Smile
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I don't really believe WADs should be re-reviewed after they have been initially released. It just wastes time when other WADs should be reviewed.

This is coming from the same person who quickly quit ZDReview due to time constraints though. I hope I still have access to review, I might be able to randomly pitch in a few reviews every now and then. =P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tringeling
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do not see the problem really. You can learn a lot from reviews as a mapper. But what I do think is that other wadfiles which are not reviewed yet, should be reviewed first.

Now, for the CTF wadfile. Good job! I see you have done something with the feedback you got. I think that is also nice to hear for the people who review. I think it is a win-win situation in which both people are happy now. Smile

By the way Spacepirate, good luck on team QnB! Laughing Wink

Team QnB
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:
Hmm, I don't really believe WADs should be re-reviewed after they have been initially released. It just wastes time when other WADs should be reviewed.

This is coming from the same person who quickly quit ZDReview due to time constraints though. I hope I still have access to review, I might be able to randomly pitch in a few reviews every now and then. =P

Yeh, ok good point. But my wad had so many difference things that it was a whole new WAD. to edit the review is the same as a new review. Sorry for all the versions, I'm not proud of it that it has so many versions. But thanks for reviewing it Smile This is also the last wad I will put on ZDreview for a while.
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know it had already been reviewed before. oh well, I did it at like 1am, not like I had anything better to do. :p
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:

meh. this is what i said before in the 'submitting wads' thread.
no offense to Pirate (or Gollum) here but NO wad should get reviewed twice. if it's a work-in-progress then say so and just ask for comments in the thread. when it's finished then ask for a review.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: