ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.07rc2 and other things relating to it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one awsome feature would be the ability to freely roam around during replays, instead of focusing your view on just the player who recorded it, and using Co-Op Spy on other players, why not allow free roaming to you can follow players and go your own path w/o Co-Op spying on them.
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that when you replay 1.07rc1 and 1.06 CTF demos, it doesnt set the OldSchool CTF format on it Confused

Maybe if you could use a command line parameter to change it...

Also, If you enabled your access to RCON using a password in Client/Server mode, you should be able to go into Gameplay options and edit the values instead of them being locked.
Mega-Dog
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thin RC2 has many bugs...here is some I found...

Turning Autoswitching OFF does not work. I hate how the Health is larger now than normal...you should add an option to decrease it. I could name more but it would probably be some time.

OH! and an big question...if I use a Red or Blue partical fountain for decoration will it not count as a team start?
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega-Dog wrote:
I hate how the Health is larger now than normal...you should add an option to decrease it.

What?

Mega-Dog wrote:
OH! and an big question...if I use a Red or Blue partical fountain for decoration will it not count as a team start?

I do believe you can use blue/red particle fountains now.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostlyDeath wrote:
I just noticed that when you replay 1.07rc1 and 1.06 CTF demos, it doesnt set the OldSchool CTF format on it

Maybe if you could use a command line parameter to change it...
Thanks for the bug report (one of the few that are truly new bugs). Just fixed it. No need for the any cmd. line param or anything; if the demo version is less than 1.07 it will automatically turn on the CTF compatibility DMFLAG (since that was the only possible scenario before 1.07). Nice and clean.

GhostlyDeath wrote:
Also, If you enabled your access to RCON using a password in Client/Server mode, you should be able to go into Gameplay options and edit the values instead of them being locked.
I disagree there. It will take quite a bit of special code to do all that and I don't see how it's worth it. Please try the following commands:
  • rcon_password XXXXX
  • rcon dmflags NNNN
  • rcon map mapNN
It might not be as convenient as you'd like, but (1) it works, (2) it's not that tough and (3) how often do you plan on changing server dmflags while the server is running anyway?
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega-Dog wrote:

Turning Autoswitching OFF does not work. I hate how the Health is larger now than normal...you should add an option to decrease it. I could name more but it would probably be some time.
This is like going up to someone in game, say "you suck" and then not explaining why. Either tell us your exact problems, or don't be surprised about the treatment of unsupported claims.

About turning autoswitching off: if you bothered to read the history file, you would see that "neverswitchonpickup" is replaced by something else. I'm not going to duplicate the info here; if you care about the changes, go ahead and read it. You even have a visual way of doing it now for God's sake.

BTW, if you're trying to use neverswitch on an OS server, then good luck: that was intentionally disabled since some people want to play without it (and again that info is in the history file).

About how health is larger now: I don't know what you're talking about. Please explain.

Mega-Dog wrote:
if I use a Red or Blue partical fountain for decoration will it not count as a team start?
Correct, as long as the CTF compatibility DMFLAG is OFF. If you do that of course, you'll have to use the new standard for the flags and teamstarts.
Ant P
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
We can provide win32, linux and BSD binaries though; just let us know your exact linux distro and kernel version and we'll try to take care of it.

Code:
2.6.12-gentoo-r4 i686 GNU/Linux
gcc version 3.4.4 (Gentoo 3.4.4, ssp-3.4.4-1.0, pie-8.7.8)
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
  • rcon_password XXXXX
  • rcon dmflags NNNN
  • rcon map mapNN

I dont use rcon dmflags NNNNNN, I use sv_XXXX true/false. Which in turn I have to get the server's CVAR list. Which I like RC2 how it gets a response from the server.
Mega-Dog
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Mega-Dog wrote:

This is like going up to someone in game, say "you suck" and then not explaining why. Either tell us your exact problems, or don't be surprised about the treatment of unsupported claims.

About turning autoswitching off: if you bothered to read the history file, you would see that "neverswitchonpickup" is replaced by something else. I'm not going to duplicate the info here; if you care about the changes, go ahead and read it. You even have a visual way of doing it now for God's sake.

BTW, if you're trying to use neverswitch on an OS server, then good luck: that was intentionally disabled since some people want to play without it (and again that info is in the history file).

About how health is larger now: I don't know what you're talking about. Please explain.

Mega-Dog wrote:
if I use a Red or Blue partical fountain for decoration will it not count as a team start?
Correct, as long as the CTF compatibility DMFLAG is OFF. If you do that of course, you'll have to use the new standard for the flags and teamstarts.

I set pickup_switch_method=1 and no matter what when I go over a weapon it switches...this is what I mean by it not working.

Also this has not been listed anywhere...can you possibly explain to me how the nutral flag is going to work...also there is going to be 4 team ctf in addition the nutral flag correct?
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also this has not been listed anywhere...can you possibly explain to me how the nutral flag is going to work...also there is going to be 4 team ctf in addition the nutral flag correct?
heh.. simple. It is not going to work Wink 1.07 introduces 3 and 4 way CTF: not 1-flag CTF. 1-flag CTF is in the plans but not for 1.07. The only reason you saw the neutral flag in the project-x wad was because I was doing some preparations to facilitate the 1-flag CTF mode (when it will be done) and alexmax included that flag in the map. If you try the same server right now (with rc2), you'll see that the neutral flag has disappeared (as it should: it has no place in regular CTF).
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to make some Last Man Standing and Team Last Man Standing.
Slasher
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the health being bigger..
I think he means the health icon and the ammo icon size.
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, unless something is a bug, it should not be fixed after an RC. Remember, RC's are used mainly to weed out bugs, not to test out new features. Betas are for new features.
Asmodean
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.07 looks amazing. By the way, what's an RC? Confused
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmodean wrote:
what's an RC?
Release Candidate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blas
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega-Dog wrote:
I hate how the Health is larger now than normal...you should add an option to decrease it.

Options > Display Options > Stretch Status Bar > OFF
Mega-Dog
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! My internet was down over the weekend and I found a bug...well it will not be in 1.07 by the looks that it is released.

If you turn CTF compatability Mode on it gets rid of the partical fountains...making the positions not visible. In the old versions it displayed them and I think it looks cool with them there.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us exactly the nature of the problem. In what mode? client/server or SP? client problem or server problem? in CTF mode, DM mode, coop? What do you see exactly that is worse than it used to be?
frd
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the linux 1.07 client? is it going to be released soon?
Ant P
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frd wrote:
what about the linux 1.07 client? is it going to be released soon?

You'd probably be better off just using Wine. All the Linux clients I've ever used have been broken in some way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: