ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something worth reading
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think dwango5 servers should run more than just map01?
Yes, more maps should be run!
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
No, all the other maps suck!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

magicsofa
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwango5 does NOT suck: the misuse of dwango5 sucks. And the misuse of the bfg.

Actually, I think the BFG is a "sissy" weapon. It's fun to use it *once in a while* when you see 4 people clustered together in an enclosed area. But when you're going 1v1 on someone with the bfg, and they just keep killing you 2 seconds after you respawn, it's not much fun. If two people with sshotguns go at it, they're circling around eachother madly, weaving through the map on a rampage. If two people with bfg's go at it, whoever shoots first dies last (most of the time). *starts making no-bfg DM maps in frustration*

Just half an hour ago I finished an E1 coop game, and it was excellent. Even though the server was crapping out and I disconnected like 6 times, it was a lot of fun. Now, I could play dark7 (a personal favorite), and still have a lot of fun. Deep water and new features like that can't make a wad suck or make a wad good. It's only how the new features are used. Likewise, a 'nilla doom wad can be just as exciting, as long as it is made well. New features shouldn't enhance or detract from gameplay, they should make it different. That's it. (of course, different gameplay usually enhances it a little bit).
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicsofa wrote:
dwango5 does NOT suck: the misuse of dwango5 sucks. And the misuse of the bfg.

Actually, I think the BFG is a "sissy" weapon. It's fun to use it *once in a while* when you see 4 people clustered together in an enclosed area. But when you're going 1v1 on someone with the bfg, and they just keep killing you 2 seconds after you respawn, it's not much fun. If two people with sshotguns go at it, they're circling around eachother madly, weaving through the map on a rampage. If two people with bfg's go at it, whoever shoots first dies last (most of the time). *starts making no-bfg DM maps in frustration*

Awww that's nice. :-)

wimp.
Terminatr2K3
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey magicsofa...get used to this

TAI=BFG SPAMMER! Very Happy he's good wit it 2. Very Happy
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the title of this thread is "Something worth reading". I'm still waiting for the "worth reading" part Wink
Terminatr2K3
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the worth reading part....you see how great of a community we got raider. One guy ask for people to have fun insted of complaining all the time. What did i say to chono's tlsdm2k3 and crew. I said it was brillant. Raider, you might remember us from .99 zdaemon....what did we usually do? HAVE FUN! Not be like getting the best players on zdaemon and playing so much the game is boring...thx raider for all you have doneand to all the "FUN!" players!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: