ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Month and day backwards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Month and day backwards Reply with quote

Can that be done with a simple fix.
I am not sure and it's no big deal but, it's much easier to read the deadlines when they are in Month/Day/Year format than Day/Month/Year.
Maybe it just me.
[INF]Obaya
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a bit easier and less confusing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cos they copy my post for the Euro Tourneys and that's how we do the dates on this side of the world Razz Bones can edit them to your format though Smile
int28
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
It's cos they copy my post for the Euro Tourneys and that's how we do the dates on this side of the world Razz Bones can edit them to your format though Smile

Just like driving on the wrong side of the road. Smile
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it would be a bit easier and less confusing.
For your side of the pond; it would confuse the hell out of people from this side. If we really want to be considerate to all people around the world, I would recommend one of the following solutions:

1. Use something like "Feb. 7, 2005" which is completely unambiguous.

2. Use something like "2005-02-07" which is not as obvious, but I doubt that anyone has trouble with it.

I tend to use the first form when I have no strict format restrictions (eg., within some text) and the second form when the first one is not convenient (eg., in filenames). The extra advantage you get from the second form when using it in filenames is that the alphabetical sorting is equal to the chronological one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: