ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 vs 3 USA CTF Tourney
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: 3 vs 3 USA CTF Tourney Reply with quote

Well, having seen what a success the Euro one was, I thought I might try again for this. I noticed many teams were disappointed the last time when the same tourney didnt get very far.

Im thinking of doing this very similar to the Euro, 8 teams, because last time it looked like 16 was too much to handle. With 8 teams, we may be able to have more dedicated players.

The registration, I dont want to keep it too long that the players lose interest, so maybe 2 weeks? And if we need more time, we could possibly extend it a few days.

The maps, I was thinking of keeping it the same as the Euro one, which were 01, 08, 16, and 19. But if anyone has any suggestions, we could have a vote. VMDX is currently helping me think of other good maps.

The teams could have 4 or 5 players, those extra as fill-ins incase certain members of the team cant make it.

The server; There was (and maybe still is) one on GSN, there is also A private one on QuakeWorld, which VMDX has the rcon to. THey should be available to teams for practicing\seeing the maps.

Each team would have a captain (picked by the team) who would arrange things with the Admin\other teams. Also when registering their team leave contact info next to it.

You could come up with team names (ex. T.U.D's The Red Knights)

Ive probably missed several things so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count the Gray Demons in. me, lockwolf, nitroglycerin
nitroglycerin
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 vs 3 USA CTF Tourney Reply with quote

HumanBones wrote:

The maps, I was thinking of keeping it the same as the Euro one, which were 01, 08, 16, and 19. But if anyone has any suggestions, we could have a vote. VMDX is currently helping me think of other good maps.

Sounds good, but I prefer Map11 and Map12
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont sign up yet, this is just to grab your attention and hopefully some suggestions.
kazaam
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, good......8 teams is good, 16 would be way too much as you said. However 8 teams would only be a max of three matches for each team, seems like a lot of planning for 3 rounds, maybe u could make a losers bracket or somthing?
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be 4 maps.

EDIT: ive decided to keep the same mapset as the Euro one because im pretty sure we're going to do the winner of the US vs the winner of the Euro, which is 01, 08, 16, 19 from zdctfmp and zdctfmp2.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, for the next ctf tourneys we agreed (for euro teams) map set 3 would be used as if people had known which maps that had included it would have won (it lost by 1 vote).... see Euro tourney forum for the maps.

If that's ok with you guys, after that i expect zdsmp3 will be out giving us more maps to choose from, plus of course none zds maps Smile

Best of luck with this Bones, your best v euro's best at the end Wink *thanks Titan for the idea*
Admiral-Shakal
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not 4vs4?
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff nice stuff. Very Happy When will it be open for BUISINESS!
Arrogance
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good

haha what's he talking about Embarassed

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by Arrogance on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanBones wrote:
Dont sign up yet, this is just to grab your attention and hopefully some suggestions.

I will make a sign up thread either tomorrow or Monday.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred512 wrote:
count the Gray Demons in. me, lockwolf, nitroglycerin

yup im in
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VMDX
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to hopefully prevent what happened last time.

Before you join, seriously think about it: are you guys active players that are online a lot of the time? are you reliable enough to get your matches played?

"1. A good tournament has no chance without dedicated players.
Without a doubt, as said in the IRC channels by countless disappointed players and spectators immediately following USA v Euro II, reliability MUST be the most important factor in deciding players. Tournament administrators should NOT allow unreliable, extremely green newbies to play in high anticipation tournaments. Furthermore, the players should be generally known players, players who are seen online semi-regularly and have messenger services that they use often. IRC regulars are a great pool of players who are regularly available, as an example."[/quote]
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested, this is the Euro ctf thread which probably covers a lot of the questions you guys will have http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=4031 People formed teams before the actual sign ups started, these teams I expect will pretty much stay the same for future tourneys.

This was the sign up thread http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=4361 the rules etc are all there, one more rule needs adding and that is if a player times out the map should be played again. It only happened once during the Euro tourney, so i don't think it would be a common event.

The final of the Euro ctf tourney is being played tonight and both teams are willing to play for Europe in a Euro v US tourney, we will know which will be playing after their match tonight.

Good luck with this Bones, the Euro ctf tourney was a pleasure to run, I hope this will be the same for you Very Happy
Tiki
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cool, If there is one, count the KFCers in Cool .
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
One more rule needs adding and that is if a player times out the map should be played again. It only happened once during the Euro tourney, so i don't think it would be a common event.

hopefully the server doesn't have monstrous lag or else i might be timing out on a regular basis
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure servers will be provided by QuakeWorld.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="VMDX"Are we allowed to switch players midgame? (from 3rd to sub, etc)

EDIT: Nope, thanks bonese.

If it's being done the same as Euro, I left it up to the captains, each team has 4 people *pokes HC* I just said as long as the captain pre arranges which maps people play and don't cause any delay in the game the captains can use their teams to the best of their ability.

By the way, The Bounty Hunters won the Euro 3 v 3 CTF final last night, so they will be playing for Europe against whoever wins this.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly doubleposter Razz, ill delete that btw
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Human, when are you going to start the FFA Tourney? Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: