ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Tourney August
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i believe i should be progressed to the next stage? seeing as i made the effort to play..but OVNI didn't want to
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like ive missed you isus, im going to be busy next few days(tennis coaching), you may catch me on later 7-9pm BST or 2-3pm(maybe:/)
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Vampire Reply with quote

Hey i wonder if we could play tonight, around 8-9 pm BST, if u like?
You see Im going away for the weekend on friday afternoon, and Im working the entire day too, so it would be cool if we could get this done tonight.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enVision we gotta play our game...whenever, i'll be around
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is right now, I see you in IRC Smile
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win Envision Smile, I wonder if u could send me the replay to my email. If you've recorded one that is Smile
Vampire Knight: Ill be online tonight if you wanna get it on Smile
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Match result Reply with quote

Isus_in_Black. 40 - 29 Vampire Knight

GG Mate, it was a close game, the score doesnt show the half of it Smile
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, GG, it was close but i think you deserved the win, you are a much better small map player than me, dang those claustrophobic maps Smile
Dave Lister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beran 40 - 19 darkranger Embarassed

zlatev, let me know when are u ready for our game, im away during weekend, but we can play on friday/monday....

-beran
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Hey Ho Reply with quote

Isus 34 - 40 Envision
GG mate, was a very close game Embarassed

I doubt anyone could beat u in the finals but good luck anyways Smile
AceOfSpades
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad

Last edited by AceOfSpades on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe u ppl should reconsider the tourney format, darcy won this tourney without a single match played, thats ridiculous, there are lots of games that never take place....winner often playes about 2 matches the 3rd one being the finals...i dont know.

Why not cancel the intermediate tourney to get more ppl to the main one, its obvious that ppl who play for 3 weeks wont beat the experienced guys, but at least they give it a shot and can learn from playing the best. Winning the int tourney might (might not) mean that u were the least intermediate in the first place.

I also think it would be better to have more playing spots and a winner/loser bracket, this is how we do it on the czech gaming server gamezone.cz>
http://www.gamezone.cz/obrazky/turnaje/doom2/RIP/RIP.htm

check out the winner/loser bracket in the lower left corner

maybe doing on monthly bases isnt the best thing either(not sure tho)
zlatev
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: well sorry for late response Reply with quote

If I am still in this tourney, whoever is my enemy - let me know by ICQ. I am available every working day from 10:00 to 18:00 Bulgaria time
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair there were a few problems with last months open euro tourney which was no ones fault, the top section of the tournament got played without any real problems.

The bottom half had a load of problems, first sawo didn't respond to darcys emails, fair enough he emailed enVision and got put through, then Tigerson got banned so Omega Weapon was put through to play against Darcy, then of course Omega got banned for name faking a staff member Rolling Eyes so Darcy was put through again. Meanwhile, dudel had signed up, realised he couldn't play and was swopped with Darkranger but this delayed the match between him and Beran. Zlatev hasn't logged into the master since Friday the 20th at 1:55am, so Beran hasn't been able to play his match.

This has just been a combination of unrelated incidents that have messed the bottom half of the tourney up. With it being August, we had to work round several peoples holidays and Killer Instinct only being available to play on weekends from mid month for the Intermediates tourney, although with a lot fewer players it was fairly easy to organise between ourselves.

Scrapping the Euro Intermediates tourney would do nothing to increase the players in the open tourney imo, which to be honest fills up pretty fast by itself anyway. The idea behind the Intermediates tourney isn't to show who the best Intermediate players are, Intermediate players span a wide range of skill levels and Intermediates are also affected by the maps, more so than more experienced players for example, of the 8 people entered in the August Int Tourney, two I have never played, the rest I have beaten on some maps and have also been beaten by them on others or even the same maps at different times.

The Intermediates tourneys are good for a lot of reasons. They introduce players into tournaments and get them through their nervousness within the first couple of tourneys. They introduce players to new maps that they probably wouldn't play otherwise and have a week to practice on and learn, which in turn introduces them to almost every other player entered in either the open or Intermediate tourney, so there's the social aspect as well as the increase in skill to consider. It's still a tournament after all so there's the competition behind it Razz Also look at how many Intermediate players have entered the Open tourney in the past only to be thrashed, sadly, you never see them enter again.

The only real problem we have with the Euro Int. Tourneys is that a lot of Euros don't like to admit they are Intermediate. US players don't have that problem, I wish the Euro players would take a leaf out of their book and give it a go.

Ok I'll shut up now Razz
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: well sorry for late response Reply with quote

zlatev wrote:
If I am still in this tourney, whoever is my enemy - let me know by ICQ. I am available every working day from 10:00 to 18:00 Bulgaria time

Zlatev, Beran was your opponant and he posted on the 18th saying either Friday the 20th or today to play, unfortunately the tournament has been closed now, Darcy won by default without playing a single match.
Dave Lister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AceOfSpades wrote:
Alright guys, unfortunately with Envision leaving we're going to have to end this tourney. Darcy will automatically move ahead two rounds and be dedlared the winner by default. Congratulations!

im _strongly_ against this. envision was in good position to win whole thing, and he was organisator too. with him being out and in case u want to close the tourney, he should be winner or there should be no winner at all.

its nothing personal against darcy, but imo making a winner out of someone who didnt play a single game is not right
urhash
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that this should be dedlared a no contest. Envision DID drop out of the tournament, but darcy shouldn't win just because he/she moved on through defaults without having to play a game.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Lister wrote:

envision was in good position to win whole thing, and he was organisator too. with him being out and in case u want to close the tourney, he should be winner or there should be no winner at all.

no, there should be no winner at all
u shouldnt be able to win a tourney just because all of your opponents failed to turn up

as to the samiam's post, some of the things i agree with, some i dont, but since im not gonna participate anyway, i'm letting go of it Wink
Rellik
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, the FragGod smiled upon Darcy and thou art just jealous. Smile
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the only fair thing to do is to cancel the tournament and NOT dedlare a winner. It is absurd to think that someone could win the tourney without having played a single game, while another player who has won all but one of his matches is the loser.

I can't imagine that Darcy would be pleased to be dedlared the winner of this tournament. The best thing is to pretend it never happened. Having said that, that tournament is officially deactivated.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: