ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ammo pickup bug

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Confirmed but Deferred Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject: Ammo pickup bug Reply with quote

Hi!

You must be a bit skillful at doing this, but it's not impossible to reproduce this bug.

I experienced many times that when you pick up some ammo and shoot at once, the ammo counter will be incorrect.

I tested it with a pistol and ammo clips.
Example: As we know ammo clips give you 10 pistol bullets, but if you shoot exactly at the same time when you pick one up, you'll get 20 if your current amount is not greater than the maximum amount - 20.

So it seems the zdaemon simply doubles the amount picked up from the actual ammo box, clip or whatever they're called.

The doubled amount seems to be real (I mean: extra ammo can be shot), but if your current ammo amount is near to the maximum amount, a "shoot&pickup" action may result in exceeding the max. amount, but a certain amount seems to be fake, because when you shoot, the exceeded ammo amount decreases back below the maximum. (I can't tell by how much it decreases)
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof:

https://i.imgur.com/BxAQFhT.png

How can I have 102? LOL
TETSUO
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had this bug a few days ago on one of these 0x0000.space servers while playing A.L.T.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you happen to have a demo of said behaviour? or are able to record one with the current version and provide a link to it here?

If yes, indicate the precise steps that were taken to get to the point displayed in said demo.
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll try to find some way to record my screen, so you can see exactly the same thing I experienced at that time.

Though I have to practice a bit to make it happen.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case if you could record a standard ZDaemon demo, that'll be what's needed in this context.

Thank you though.
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I tested it and thank goodness I don't need to record the screen to show this because I thought the inside demo recording would try to "correct" this glitch, but it didn't.

So now I demonstrated it with shotgun shells, but this is about the same error.

Here is the link for the server:

zds://5.2.74.206:10306

Here is my demo:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/jl8SQsx9ZG3lyiABmxFaYmSU7uVuVgEjZ64p683NMc

I'm not sure whether I'll be precise or not, but I do my best. So the only thing you have to do is to grab ammo and shoot at once. Exactly at the same moment, otherwise it doesn't work. As you can see, many times I didn't manage to do it.

So each time I grab 4 shells and shoot I should get +2 shells, but instead I got +6 or +4 and this faulty behaviour enables you to exceed the ammo limit as well. Though you only get fictive ammo in this case, but if it is below the limit you can add to it more. LOL and then comes the surprise because when you shoot again, you'll lose those extra fictive shells.

Of course I didn't manage to do this in ZDoom. It never gave me extra ammo.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious. Why hasn't this been confirmed yet? I mean: why isn't it considered as a confirmed bug and put to the Confirmed bugs section?

It is definitely confirmed and proven by demos too.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to ask about it in private next time.

Other tests had to be performed before confirming; however as a result of what is occurring, it is confirmed but deferred.
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see. I just thought only that the fact that the reporter has proven the bug in some way and at least one staff member checked it is enough to qualify a bug as "confirmed".

As I can see there are many others in "confirmed bugs", so they must be there for further investigation.

So I thought: moving from unconfirmed to confirmed is a much easier process than moving them from confirmed to the fixed bugs.

Now for me this new subforum seems to be the same as "Confirmed Bugs" because this: "but cannot be guaranteed at this time (or at all); further detail and/or investigation required." also means that " but have not been fixed yet." (for whatever reason)
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop nitpicking.

Confirmation occurs after material has been examined by us.

Further replies will be made once this case is revisited.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Confirmed but Deferred Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: