ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Single player" minor glitchs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: "Single player" minor glitchs Reply with quote

Sorry if it's not correctly useful, but here is a page containing the few fixes to address to Zdaemon's "single player" mode.

It's minor, so I guess it'll be easy to fix.

Quote:
1) Bots on Team-based modes, when color-overrided, are considered as "Enemies", no matter the teams (if you are with them or not).

Try it for yourself: on SP, enable color-override on team-modes/always, gametype to 1 (TDM), and spawn a bunch of bots. You won't know who's who.

However, once you disable color-override and REENABLE it, you'll be able to see allies and foes from your color preferences.

Quote:
2) The Classic HUD is not properly refreshed when switching gametypes.

Try for yourself: gametype 4 (survival) ; gametype 0 (DM) (in the same level).
Please note that doom2.exe does not get this problem, when fragging someone on cooperation mode, the HUD switches from SP to DM.

Quote:
3) CTF Flags can't be picked up for testing. (but has been commonly reported)

However, I've thought of a 4th one, but am unsure of it: the random function always returns a random number, while on a server, it oftens returns the same number (according to FCT17 - the VIP on Linux, not win32). But still, I'm unsure of that.

That's all I have been able to see at the moment.
Again, I repeat, those are minor (or already said ,and would be sorry for that topic then)
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how much time has passed since this post was first created, can you confirm whether one or more of the referenced cases are still problematic?

If so, could you indicate those that are still outstanding?

Concerning the last one regarding the random function, if this is still an issue do you happen to have a test wad available in order for quick replication?
ZeroDev
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
1) Bots on Team-based modes, when color-overrided, are considered as "Enemies", no matter the teams (if you are with them or not).

This is still an issue. Even in Heretic/hexen.

Code:
2) The Classic HUD is not properly refreshed when switching gametypes.

This is partially fixed. Only the mugshot background in Doom is wrong when switching from team-based to coop/survival. Fine in heretic/hexen.

Code:
3) CTF Flags can't be picked up for testing. (but has been commonly reported)

Already fixed.

Code:
the random function always returns a random number, while on a server, it oftens returns the same number (according to FCT17 - the VIP on Linux, not win32). But still, I'm unsure of that.

This was true. Krawa made some improvements some years ago : https://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=15775
And there is now new Zdaemon pseudorandom functions available : https://www.zdaemon.org/?CMD=info&NAME=acs_prnf
So basically, don't use Zdoom's random() function if you want it full random.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to confirmed; thank you ZeroDev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: