ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imitating the cooperative gameplay in single player mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Imitating the cooperative gameplay in single player mode Reply with quote

Hello!

As all we know there are extra monsters and items (here I must exclude the DM weapons because they don't appear anyway in single player) in cooperative and if you wanna try that mode in single player, those things won't appear.

In ZDoom you can easily convert the game from a normal single player into a cooperative single player ingame as well by just typing these commands into the console:

For example if you wanna play the MAP11 from Doom2, you can type:

Code:
addbot
changemap map11
removebots

And gotcha you are in cooperative single and the cyber is in the pit. In ZDaemon it doesn't work in this way.
Even if you start it from command line it doesn't work: (you'll be still in normal single)

Code:
zdaemon.exe -iwad doom2.wad -host 1 -skill 4 -nomusic +sv_itemrespawn 1 +sv_weapondrop 1 +sv_respawnsuper 1 +sv_respawnprotect 1 +map map11

Though if I start the ZDoom from command line similarly:

Code:

zdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -host 1 -skill 4 -nomusic +sv_noweaponspawn 1 +sv_itemrespawn 1 +sv_weapondrop 1 +sv_respawnsuper 1 +sv_dontcheckammo 1 +sv_respawnprotect 1 +map map11

It works.
So the question is: How can I start a wad or map in cooperative single mode in ZDaemon?
Flambeau
Malibeau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way would be to start a LAN server and join it. basically its local then, and on COOP
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you suggesting that there is no command line options to do that?

start a LAN server and join it.

That would be a bit elaborate. If there was a command line for this, I would create a .bat for it, then I should deal with this problem only once. Smile
Flambeau
Malibeau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, there is NO command line option for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: