ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POWERTRIP - Rowdy Rudy II (now on idgames!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: POWERTRIP - Rowdy Rudy II (now on idgames!) Reply with quote

DOWNLOAD IT HERE https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/rudy2

A 100% vanilla-compatible community project

Rowdy Rudy is back and he's madder than ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgUXXWjWTAs

Quote:
THE BACKSTORY:
8 months have passed since Rudy took out the evil cult known as the Protectors, avenged his brother and saved his home city.

Impressed by his work, many different entities reached out to him and offered him money for mercenary work. Rudy was not interested, he just wanted to live a somewhat normal life and continually refused offers. Having realized it wouldn't stop and could potentially lead to confrontation, Rudy decided to relocate and change his name to get away from his former life.

With his bags packed and ready to go, Rudy heard an aggressive knock at the front door. Rudy quickly grabbed a pistol and stuffed it in his back pocket. As he reached toward the door, it suddenly flew open and two burly, suited men grabbed him and restrained him. Rudy struggled to reach for his gun, but he couldn't move and had already been disarmed. "You ugly fucks are going to pay for this!", Rudy howled in anger.

A third, slimmer man entered his home. "Listen, Rudy. We know who you are. We know every last detail about you. I'm giving you a chance to play nice right now - you can try to get away and end up dead, or you can play nice and end up richer than you ever imagined... The choice is yours."

Rudy glared directly at the thin man and didn't blink - a piercing death stare that seemed to last an eternity. "...Okay, you asshole. Tell me what you want me to do... and if what you say doesn't piss me off, maybe I'll let you and your slack-jawed goons live."

Then thin man let out a hearty chuckle. "I knew you'd make the right decision, Rudy. In fact, this is a job I think you might just enjoy." The man nodded towards his goons and they released Rudy. He pulled out a folder with a few documents in it and tossed it to Rudy.

"We've got some bases up north, hidden away in the mountains. Some of the research they've been doing there has gotten a bit messy, you might say. An experimental soldier enhancement formula seemed to be working well, so it was sent to several bases to be used and further documented. After a few months, our super soldiers started going insane - some of them had high level access and ended up freeing hundreds of aliens we had held in captivity. Between the bloodthirsty super soldiers who have lost all trace of humanity and the army of aliens on the loose, we've been looking for any solution we could to contain this wave of chaos before it reaches civilians. As you might have guessed, YOU are the solution we have in mind."

Rudy looked through the documents, let out a deep sigh and rested his face in his palms. "Come on Rudy, don't be like that", the slim man hissed. "We know what we're asking is a tall order, so we plan to reimburse you... $40 million dollars, plus new guns, ammo and armor - on the house."

Rudy looked up at the man. "No bullshit?" he asked. The man looked Rudy dead in the eyes. "That's right - no bullshit. It's not often we fuck up on this scale. If you can fix it, we'll set you up for life and leave you alone. Scout's honor."

After a few minutes, Rudy reluctantly agreed to his offer. "I had faith in you from the start, Rudy. Meet us at the address on the inside of that folder at 6 AM sharp tomorrow morning. We'll discuss the details then." The men quickly filed out and slammed the front door behind them. Rudy rubbed his temples for a moment, then headed to the bathroom to run himself one last hot bath.

THE PRESENT:
Two weeks have passed since the suited men barged into his home. After several days of hiking, Rudy arrives at a small cave near the first hidden mountain base. He takes his heavy backpack off which lands with a THUD, he then wipes the dirty sweat from his brow. "Jesus fucking Christ, why did I agree to this shit. I'm so sick of it already." Rudy pulls a sleeping bag out and lays it down in the cave, then starts a small fire out front, lights a cigarette and begins roasting some meat.

"Tomorrow morning.. It all begins", Rudy mutters to himself. "Hopefully I'll be in and out without much trouble. Who the hell knows..." Rudy makes sure his assault rifle is locked and loaded, rests it by his side and tucks himself into his sleeping bag, using his backpack as a pillow. He listens to the sound of the waves crashing on the nearby beach and falls into a restless sleep, knowing full well that endless carnage lies ahead the next morning. Out of sheer anger, Rowdy vows to score as many kills as he possibly can.

I think this should be a lot of fun when it's complete and I wanted to get the community involved!

Despite being 100% vanilla compatible, POWERTRIP has many substantial changes to the enemy roster:

Zombieman - 40 HP

Shotgunner - 60 HP

Plasma Guy - 60 HP (replaces Spectre)

Chaingunner - 80 HP (replaces WolfSS)

Flamethrower Guy - 80 HP (replaces Keen)

Rocketman - 120 HP (replaces Hell Knight)

Psycho Imp - 150 HP (replaces Arachnotron)

Blood Demon - 180 HP

Toxicacodemon - 400 HP

Flame Caco - 600 HP (replaces Pain Elemental)

Mini Mastermind - 500 HP (replaces Chaingunner)
(Height: 56 / Diameter: 96 / Drops Chaingun)

Flying Mastermind - 2000 HP (replaces Spiderdemon)
(Height: 100 / Diameter: 200)

Of course, many of the classic enemies remain untouched:

Imp - 60 HP

Lost Soul - 100 HP

Revenant - 300 HP

Mancubus - 600 HP

Archvile - 700 HP

Baron of Hell - 1000 HP

Cyberdemon - 4000 HP

The weapons have also undergone some substantial changes!

The fists are faster and far more powerful.

The chainsaw is double bladed, so it's twice as tough! Makes sense, right?

The pistol is now an assault rifle with 100% accuracy. It's very slightly less powerful than the normal chaingun, but the pinpoint precision more than makes up for it's somewhat slow ROF.

The shotgun is now totally automatic. Hold the fire button down and watch it go! Lays down whole waves of enemies in seconds.

The double-barrel is now pump-action! Deliver two loads of buckshot quicker than ever before.

The chaingun has a much faster ROF making it very effective and stunning even the meatier baddies.

The rocket launcher has a faster ROF. Uhh I couldn't think of anything else but it works ok sheesh

The plasma rifle doesn't have that little recoil animation anymore. Also GREEN!

The BFG9000 now shoots big fireballs that emit 2 damage tracers rather than just one, making it even deadlier than usual.

I hope you like what you see Cool

Last edited by DoomKid on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:53 am; edited 6 times in total
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Old News
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Just load Rudy2EX over top of the main wad for two bonus maps

Hopefully some of you out there playtest this and have fun with it!!

(Updated Oct 22nd)

Last edited by DoomKid on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid wrote:
Just load Rudy2EX over top of the main wad for two bonus maps Cool

The main WAD runs from MAP01->MAP21 so I found it odd that the EX add-on contains MAP21/MAP22. Surely that makes it one bonus map and one replacement map? Razz
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, technically that's true! Map21 in the base wad only exists for vanilla and chocolate though, it's a "fake map" that just spawns the player with a view of the credits screen, whereas advanced ports like ZDaemon just bring the player to an "actual proper credits screen". Kind of a convoluted explanation, I hope it makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: