ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BFG doesn't let you shoot with little infinite ammo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: BFG doesn't let you shoot with little infinite ammo Reply with quote

Hi again!

If you have cell amount between 0 and 40, zdaemon won't let you shoot BFGBalls if the sv_infiniteammo is true.

This can often occur when you respawn but there are not enough cells or cellpacks around you (for example the map is quite large) OR there are only weapons on the map without ammo with true sv_infiniteammo OR there are enough cells or cellpacks but sv_itemrespawn is false.
GreenchiL
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently infinite ammo is only true for weapons that have a minimum amount of ammo to be able to fire a round. Since every other gun requires at least 1 ammo to fire a round, therefore they are able to be used with a single ammo pickup. This is not necessarily a bug due to the fact that BFG also needs a minimum amount of ammo (40 I believe?) for the game to register a single shot.

This obviously wouldn't be the case if sv_infiniteammo gave the player a full inventory of ammo.
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And is it harder to modify the code so that there wouldn't be any ammo check but the program allows you to shoot regardless of how much ammo you have?

For me infinite means: the counter can show anything, you can still shoot. That would be the definition of infinity.

If it requires a pickup then it is precondition for the weapons so that they can be used infinitely.
Flambeau
Malibeau

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have the BFG, that means you picked it up somewhere in the map. When picking up the BFG, you get 40 cells ammo. So I dont understand how you would have less than 40 cell ammo, when sv_infiniteammo is true..
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you can reproduce it:
■ gametype 2 (Coop)
■ Settings: sv_infiniteammo 1, sv_weapondrop 1
■ Player with BFG dies and drops BFG
■ Without having BFG (plasma, cells, backpack, etc.) pick up that dropped BFG
■ Your ammo will be 20 cells. That's not enough to shoot BFG (you need 40 cells). I think that's the situation you mean.
■ Pick up a second BFG from a dead player and you can shoot!

Hmmm Bug? Feature? Both???
cockad
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: that's it! Reply with quote

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote the first post, it just didn't come to mind.

I know I won't be popular with this, but in ZDoom infinite ammo works as it is supposed to.

Just type the following lines to the console:
Code:

sv_infiniteammo 1
give weapons
take ammo

And there you are! Smile ZDoom won't check whether you have enough ammo or not. I would recommend that ZDaemon should follow the same behaviour.

I would say this is obviously a bug, because having infinite ammo implies that there is no ammo check at all regardless of weapon types and ammo amounts or what the counters show.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed for 1.10.10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: