Joined: 23 Nov 2008
|Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 pm Post subject: Midi music with TiMidity++
|If your computer has no midi device or you are using Linux and Wine, you can use TiMidity++ for playing midi music.
1. Download and extract timidity4zdoom2 to e.g. timidity4zdoom2 subdirectory in your ZDaemon installation.
2. Download and extract eawpats to e.g. timidity4zdoom2\eawpats.
3. Declare 'dir' in timidity.cfg of timidity4zdoom2: path to extracted eawpats (e.g. dir C:\ZDaemon\timidity4zdoom2\eawpats).
4. ZDaemon setting for 'timidity_exe': path and exe to Timidity++ (in game console e.g.: timidity_exe timidity4zdoom2\timidity.exe).
5. In game go to Options, Sound Options, Select Midi Device and select TiMidity++.
6. Restart ZDaemon and adjust volume with Menu, Options, Sound Options, Music Volume.