ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doom64 sprites and sounds for Doom2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Doom64 sprites and sounds for Doom2 Reply with quote

Just for fun, I decided to make a vanilla-compatible compilation of all the Doom64 sprites and sound effects!

This is a really fun way to add variety for your servers.

There are no behavioral changes, just graphical. Loading this alongside Doom64 for Doom2 results in a bootleg "port" of Doom64 to DOS, which is just hilarious and amazing to me for some reason.

Most of the heavy lifting was already done by others, I just compiled resources from existing Doom64 materials that are floating around out there. I cleaned up a few sprites and overall made a few minor changes just so everything felt more cohesive (resizing, recoloring, etc.)

DOWNLOAD: http://doomshack.org/wads/d64-gfx.zip

Credits:

Midway - Doom 64
Kaiser - Doom 64 EX / sprite ripping & resizing
Footman - SS nazi sprite / Mastermind sprite
Amuscaria - Revenant Sprite
Blastfrog - Archvile attack sound
DrDoctor - Lots of decoration sprites
Horror Movie Guy - Compilation / the 'live stick' sprite
Doomkid - Sprite touch ups / compilation / conversion to vanilla format

If you find any issues with this, please let me know. Otherwise it appears to function perfectly in all ports. Naturally, since only graphics and sounds are replaced, this will not effect demo compatibility at all. There are some small visual oddities as a result of the Doom64 monsters sometimes behaving differently but there's not much I can do about that beyond a dehacked patch, which I did not want to use.

Enjoy! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: