ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open mic support (Private games)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Open mic support (Private games) Reply with quote

I really like the voice chat feature that ZDaemon has, however I feel that it's suited more for public servers rather than private servers. As you may know, when people are playing private CTF together on a team, they usually use a client such as teamspeak because it allows them to chat at all times and doesn't require the press of a key or button to chat. I was wondering if it would be possible to implement something like this for game modes such as private CTF on ZDaemon. It'd be real nice to always talk to your teammates and not have to press the voice chat button because it slows you down and could end up getting you killed in a crucial situation. I've seen this feature in modern games and afaik it shouldn't be too tough to implement, however one never knows with the complexity that is ZDoom code. If it were to be implemented I'd propose these three rules:

1) Do not allow spectators to voice chat to players in private CTF even if they're on the same team (This could lead to cheats such as ghosting.)
2) Implement this only on private servers. (This feature would be a spam nightmare on public servers, at least leave a server option to turn it off if it'll be implemented for all servers.)
3) Don't allow players on opposite teams to talk to each other (I hope I don't have to explain why on this one Wink it's already default anyways.)
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no objection to this, though it might interfere with some app that a lot of people use!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Pending Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: