ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect floor scrolling speed in some situations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Accepted / To be Implemented Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Incorrect floor scrolling speed in some situations Reply with quote

Floor scrolling speed in ZDaemon is incorrect in some situations. Here is the test wad. Just join the game and wait. In Boom it takes 0 seconds to finish the map but in ZDaemon it takes 14 seconds.

If I understand correctly, this has to do with the fact that the scroller linedef affects more than one sector. For some reason in Boom this results in faster scrolling speed. Here is the test wad 2 that proves this. I merged 4 sectors into one and now the scrolling speed in Boom is a lot slower (same as in ZDaemon on both maps).
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will have to add a dmflag to support boom scroller speeds:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/CVARs:Configuration#compat_boomscroll
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, apparently there are more problems with scrollers: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1174649 I'm unable to explain that one...
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my answer to mem's question on Doomworld; it explains what exactly happens, and it should provide more than enough pointers on how to remedy this in ZDaemon; if someone is still working on it, that is.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is exactly what is messing converted Valiant. Boom wads heavily rely on crappy voodoo dolls on moving floors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Accepted / To be Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: