ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse aim/movement problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Mouse aim/movement problem! Reply with quote

Hello there, this problem is kinda old for me, but this si the first time i'm searching for help, because I thought that this was some problem with the old mouse i had, it was cheap, but a friend lent me his cool gamer mouse but still, no problem solved.

The problem: when moving/aiming the view suddenly freezes and that's all, the game doesn't freeze, just the mouse movement, this means that in game I can still move in the map, but my view freezes and after, like, 2 seconds or something the view "refreshes" or "unfreezes" and i'm looking at another point, it's like i'm actually moving the view but my screen doesn't show where is it aiming until 2 seconds later for some unknown reason.

Does it happen only in zdaemon? Oddly, yes. I have no problems with other games or using it normally, just zdaemon.

Here's a video, as you can see, i'm always moving the mouse and sometimes it suddenly freezes and then moves instantly at where it actually is, sometimes in the video i'm moving with the keyboard to show you that I can still move, but not the mouse view, so this doesn't freeze the whole game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6F2Cz0-fc

How can I solve this? am i the only one who has this problem? thanks.
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best person to help out, but have you tried resetting your ini file? If that fixes it, then it's linked to your mouse settings!

Also, given it's a gaming mouse, try and grab some newer drivers, I htink it could help!
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ledill,

What mouse do you have?
Are you running proprietary drivers for it (or any other mouse/pad, Synaptic, for example)?
What version of Windows are you running?
When did this problem start? (Or has this machine always had the issue?)

It seems odd as I'm fairly confident ZDaemon still uses DirectInput for the mouse, and shouldn't be affected by Windows 8.1 changes to mouse handling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intoxicate ran into similar issues, well to be accurate, since he's using uncapped fps. Not sure if he found a solution.
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Hey ledill,

What mouse do you have?
Are you running proprietary drivers for it (or any other mouse/pad, Synaptic, for example)?
What version of Windows are you running?
When did this problem start? (Or has this machine always had the issue?)

It seems odd as I'm fairly confident ZDaemon still uses DirectInput for the mouse, and shouldn't be affected by Windows 8.1 changes to mouse handling.

Hey, I have this: http://ttesports.com/Mouse/2/BLACK/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.VkE61LcrLIU

Drivers are up-to-date
I'm running Windows 8.1, the problem started months ago, maybe more...
I'm not sure, but probably it's been like more than a year or so, can't remember well. This also happened with another mouse that was cheap.

Very weird thing, remember: happens only in ZDaemon, i've tested with other Doom thingys like ZDoom, Zandronum, ChocolateDoom, DoomRetro, Odamex, etc. Works fine with all of them.
This is most weird.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://accel.drok-radnik.com/ i could give this shot, its a bit complicated install (its easy if you know what you are doing and just follow step by step), this completely change your mouse drivers, give you mouse acceleration exactily how you want in game and other stuff. Its really great for any FPS game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORL144_co8
ledill-vd-plas
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I updated to Windows 10 yesterday and it seems that my mouse problem is fixed by unknown reasons.

However, I can't play ZDaemon in windowed, only in fullscreen because when I change the settings to window it lags HORRIBLY, like, pretty bad, why does this happens?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: