Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 am Post subject: [ACS] SetHudSize() support.
SetHudSize is an ACS function that scales text to a specified resolution, allowing that text to be the same size regardless of a player's screen resolution.
Currently it is possible to display custom fonts and graphics with SetFont(), and draw those to the screen with Print(), PrintBold(), HudMessage(), or HudMessageBold(). Unfortunately, on 320x240, the text/graphics may take up the entirety of the screen, and on 1280x1024 they may be barely legible.
In conjunction with SetFont(), SetHudSize allows us to do a lot of cool things where size/precision are necessary:
1) Custom HUDs to display goals, stats, or custom inventory items.
2) Screen-wide effects, like fading to a certain color.
3) Display of notes, pages, or informational screens.
4) Blood splats, scratches, cracks, or other damage indicators.
5) Advanced custom weapon graphics.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum