ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beat the challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Beat the challenge Reply with quote

All right, so...

I was having some fun trying to beat my personal record in some cool old wad called ShootingRange.wad, which you may have heard about it (ZDolympics).
I did a pretty good time there, so I decided to go ahead and give it an interest and the idea of an "open challenge" topic came to my mind. Hope it'll at least animate this section!

What is ShootingRange.wad?

As its name suggests, it is a shooting range!
Well to be clear, the map has a teleport that spawns you in the shooting range area, once there you have various targets (Lost Soul, Imp, Demon, Cyberdemon, Archvile, etc), each target type has its own weapon. Once you picked your target type, an amount of the selected monsters will respawn - not only that you have to kill them as fast as possible but you also have to perform for like 4 waves. Once done with the last wave, your score will appear in seconds.

How do I post a challenge

There is only a rule (more info BELOW), but what you need the most is your post must be accurate and clear so we can better understand the challenge.
The challenge should take place in the same server, so don't forget to post the server address.
You must post a screenshot proving that the challenge was beaten.
Don't post something that doesn't require a tiny bit of skill, that is easily beatable, or that is pointless... in short, don't tell us to survive E2M4 in coop and appear on TOP of the scoreboard. Same applies to extremely tough challenges, such as "win 5 CTF games in a row". Keep it simple and short so we could have as much fun trying to beat the challenge as you making it.

And finally... Only 1 challenge at a time, since you have to beat the current challenge in order to make your own proposal.
That being said if a challenge is taking too much times we will skip it.

Earning points

Let's keep this simple. You'll earn 1 point for beating a challenge and 2 points for beating one that basically took you efforts and attempts.

So, let's get started!

Challenge: Kill the Lost Souls in 53 seconds or less
Wad: http://aws.lv/wads/shootingrange13.zip
Server: zds://91.188.45.60:10694
Screenshot: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=188453bestpersonalrecord.png
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this because it didn't have anything to do with clans. It seems like more of a general tourney challenge topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: