ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNS modes and settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: TNS modes and settings. Reply with quote

I'm opening this topic to list what modes and settings we have avaliable so far for TNS so anyone who wants to suggest something new or a combination of them that we haven't thought yet can do it here:

+ Usual Pain Rotation:
- 2x Monsters Damage.
- Fast Monsters.
- 2x Monsters Strenght. (don't use it much)
- Player_damage_factor. (For Hell&Hell mode)

+ Randomization:
- Normal randomization.
- Total randomization. (We didn't try this till a few weeks ago and it was pretty fun Razz)

+ Others:
- Kill them all + Find them all (secrets).
- Quake HP progressive loss.
- Vampire mode.
- Communisation. (Picking an item will give it to every player but won't respawn again).
- Flying mode.
- Timed mode.
- Random Damage mode.
- HP timed regeneration (not vampire)
- Ammo regeneration.

+Monsters avaliable in randomization: (Gathered by Worst-vd-plas)

- Medic Imp ................................................. by Worst (Sounds by as3sfxr)
- RapidFire Trooper ................................... by NMN, Tormentor667, Graf Zahl
- Imp trite ................................................... by Neoworm
- Snake Imp.......................................... by Cyb
- Soul Harvester .................................... by Vader, Tormentor667
- Mauler Demon ...................................... by KDiZD Team, Eriance
- PlasmaGunner ....................................... by Worst
- Suicide Bomber ........................................ by Tormentor667
- Aracnorb ................................................ by Jimmy91
- Pain Soul ................................................ by Worst
- Caco Lich ............................................ by Vader
- Hell Warrior ......................................... by Vader, Tormentor667
- Lord of Heresy ..................................... by Vader, Tormentor667, Bouncy
- Afrit .................................................... by Espi, Ebola, Nanami
- Arachnophyte ......................................... by Xaser, Quasar
- Destructor ............................................... by Worst, based on Dark Cardinal by zrrion the insect, Jimmy, Espi, Ebola
- Badass Cyberdemon ............................... by Worst

- In-depth documentation on TNS monsters

Feel free to post any suggestions we could add to our bestiary, they must be in DEHACKED.

Last edited by Alteus on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added timed mode. (Inspired by Frenchies session #5, compiled by rhinoduck)

When timed mode is enabled players have a determined time to finish the map, killing monsters will add more seconds to this count. If the count reaches zero... all dead!
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added random damage mode. (thanks to our duck in the shadows)

When random damage mode is enabled a counter in percentage units will appear in right side of the screen, that counter indicates how much the damage of monsters will be multiplied for and it changes every interval of seconds. You have to addapt your tactics to what damage multiplier it is on in that moment, it can even be negative damage so you get healed (or damage multiplied x1000 so you get raped by a zombieman shot lol).

Edit: also HP regeneration added, thanks to Sr69Mm-JC for that.
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck added ammo regeneration. This will help to spice up total randomization game mode. Cool
Caleb13
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Monster multikills announcements Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where I should post this, so I'm using this thread... I made an ACS script which announces when the players die in rapid succession. I deliberately made it similar to Unreal Tournament 1999 multikills announcements, except they are played when the monsters score the kills. The script doesn't discriminate between individual monsters, I've been unable to make it work so far (though now at least I have a hunch how it could be done). I made it with TNS in mind, but it is possible that in the end, the announcements will become annoying instead of funny, especially in pain rotations...

At any rate, here you can download a test WAD (source inculded), warp to Map30 if you need to die quickly. It worked when I set up a server on localhost, but I don't have access to a "real" Zdaemon server, so I have no idea how it will behave when the players have large pings, bad packets etc.:

http://sharesend.com/zcw78apu

Unfortunately, I will need TNS admins' help before we can even think of using the scripts in regular TNS sessions. There are so many TNS scripts already and they are so convoluted there is no way I can integrate them alone. Namely, these things need to be ironed out:

1. Assign script numbers so there are no collissions. For some reason, the scripts don't work anymore when I use the Rhinolib naming scheme (I used ACC 1.54).
2. Rework it so it reuses player TIDs assigned by other TNS script(s).
3. Integrate it with scripts which change text size according to player's screen resolution. Also we need to find text position etc. so they don't overlap other texts.
4. Possibly add Cvars so the announcements can be disabled/changed from the console. I actually had this done, but I couldn't figure out where TNS scripts define their default Cvar settings (when server restarts).
ErisFalling
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a link to a more in-depth documentation on TNS monsters to the first post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: