ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:: BaseQ tournament #01 - Your pick! ::
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which mode should we start with?!
Capture the flag
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
1-on-1
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Team Deathmatch
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Double Domination
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: :: BaseQ tournament #01 - Your pick! :: Reply with quote

Bonsoir à tous, amis de la compétition.

You all know that BaseQ has actively been on DooM for two reasons: giving fresh air to the european scene, and to promote again competition.

After some discussion with some trusted fellows and other BaseQ members, we have decided to create our own cup.

These challenges will always reward the best of you. The prizes will range from Steam games to free-of-charge monthly wad hosting!

However, we need your choice, for this first cup!

Right now, we all know that popular tournaments would go through classic gamemodes: CTF or Duel.

For the first one, we have chosen 4 gamemodes for you: Duel, CTF, TDM, and Double Domination.
You will be able to choose the game mode of this tournament. All you need to do is to choose wisely what you want to play.

What will you do? Shine in the crowd defending your title single handedly or will you choose the path of teamplay and friendship? The choice is up to you!

What will lie behind these game modes is your call! That's a complete surprise for both you and us!

So, what are you waiting for? Please vote, get hyped! We'll see you soon in the arena!
Edwart
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds a good idea, im looking forward on this... the problem its im not european... and everybody hates my lag, i vote for CTF if we find enough CTF active players!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am big fan of CTF but i deffinitely should just start with some small 1v1 tournament. Nice to see something is finally happening. Very Happy If ppl cant play duels they probably will not dedicated enough to play in CTF.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you think you'll be allowed??? Very Happy

Voted for 1on1 here. If that'll be the case I'd also suggest one of your maps Ox.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i drop. Sadly i cant remove my vote. I guess you can dont count one vote then. (for duel)
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara Kurt wrote:
What makes you think you'll be allowed??? Very Happy

Voted for 1on1 here. If that'll be the case I'd also suggest one of your maps Ox.

While I'm not a huge fan of Capo's sometimes weird behavior, we can't afford to instantly kick players out! Surprised Plus, he's been given a chance to come back here which means I hope he has learned his lesson.

Thank you for the map suggestion Kara, though I'm not sure my maps will be any suitable for a tournament! We'll see when the time comes. Smile

capodecima wrote:
Ok i drop. Sadly i cant remove my vote. I guess you can dont count one vote then. (for duel)

That won't be necessary! Though, if you change your mind, we can revert your vote to another thing!

Edwart wrote:
sounds a good idea, im looking forward on this... the problem its im not european... and everybody hates my lag, i vote for CTF if we find enough CTF active players!

No one likes lag for sure, but that doesn't mean you're not welcome! While the tournament will take place on BaseQ servers, you're still welcome in!

I'm glad to see you people are showing interest in this tournament. We will do our best to make this tourney enjoyable for everyone!
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't serious anyway.

[ontopic]

Sure it's cool to welcome everyone and all, but it would be better to prioritize euro players first, but as I doubt that there will not be enough dedicated and reliable players, then go ahead.
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara Kurt wrote:
I wasn't serious anyway.

[ontopic]

Sure it's cool to welcome everyone and all, but it would be better to prioritize euro players first, but as I doubt that there will not be enough dedicated and reliable players, then go ahead.

To keep it simple: we will run an european cup, and we will prioritize european players. However, that doesn't mean non-european cannot join. Everyone is welcomed, as long as they have an experience on doom competitions!

Also Karakurt, I'm confident on something: people know the reputation of BaseQ, when it comes to competition. We are more than dedicated to it, and gamers know it well.

Everyone playing DooM competitively have at least one of those things in mind:
1) They want to improve their gaming experience online, by playing a fast game;
2) They want to improve, both alone or with teammates;
3) They want to have fun.
4) They want to win.

Thus, given the people having a talk there, I am quite sure that very good players will be there once the first cup will be launched. "from mouth to mouth", as they say.

To stay on topic: even if I have not yet chosen, I would choose TDM. I'm currently fed up of OS Duels and CTF games. TDM was the sh*t at the time, and is still today, and requires good teamplay and coordination.

If there were really well made maps on Double Domination for competition, I would have chosen it, to keep the air fresh. However, since it doesn't...

Last thing that bugs me a lot, and I'm privately talking to the admins of the project: we will absolutely need to get demo-recording for this tournament, and going back to 1.09 is definitely not a solution.

@Oxyde : Could you change the topic name to [POLL] :: What gamemode for BaseQ QUP #01? :: ?

The tournament hasn't even started, and no rules has been done yet.
jumpo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
For team game-mode,is clan vs clan,or mix team?
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ch0wW, I wouldn't be questioning BaseQ's dedication for no reason whatsoever, I was just saying that with the current lack of Euro players (or not dedicated enough) anyone from anywhere could easily register.

Jumpo, possibly draft.
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpo wrote:
Hi
For team game-mode,is clan vs clan,or mix team?

We haven't decided on that yet, but I'm begging you, and all CTF addicts around, to not bitch about this. Having a tournament is a fairly rare occurence these days, and we don't want it ruined by players making pucky requests. Sure, the playerbase will decide of the rules, but if no one is here to make it happen, I guess it's a no go.

@Kara: Indeed, as I said and Chow pointed out, we will welcome anyone but give priority to European players!
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ch0wW wrote:
Last thing that bugs me a lot, and I'm privately talking to the admins of the project: we will absolutely need to get demo-recording for this tournament, and going back to 1.09 is definitely not a solution.

if they're taking all this time to implement back the demo feature I hope it's cause it's gonna be some cool-ass feature, so allow them to finish it properly. I wouldn't like them to release a wacky version of something that few days later they'll have to tweak again.
also lol, isn't 1.09 an option anymore?
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp there are always options, we can play also on 1.08 or 0.99 even? Lol I really dont think wait on demos is necessary. This will not some BIG event (i guess) and i dont believe someone start cheats (lol). Screens are sure enough for this kind of tournament.
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capodecima wrote:
Welp there are always options, we can play also on 1.08 or 0.99 even? Lol I really dont think wait on demos is necessary. This will not some BIG event (i guess) and i dont believe someone start cheats (lol). Screens are sure enough for this kind of tournament.

I don't think you have the slightest clue of the value of demo files.
  • If one wants to watch a game between two players but can't be online to watch, he can watch whenver he wants using demos.
  • Players looking forward to enhance their skills have multiple ways of doing it. Practicing is one of them, watching pros is another.
  • When one wants to make videos, he needs content. Despite making a a first and a second thread about this, nothing, and I mean nothing was sent. Having demo guaranteed to come is somewhat reassuring.
  • Keeping a track of the matches will allow players to see their evolution over time.

There's probably more to this, I don't see why we would not want them.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the value of demos, i am pretty sure i played/recorded more tournament demos than you. And yes have demos is nice, although in my experience demos from this small events usually disappear soon.
My point is you CAN play tournament without recording demos. I played some tournaments on reflex, open arena, and guess what nobody cared about demos. LOL Ofc demos are nice but wait for them next half year, year, 2 years? No thx. LOL
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capodecima wrote:
I know the value of demos,

You obviously don't. If you did, you would not have instantly said no to demos like you did.

capodecima wrote:
i am pretty sure i played/recorded more tournament demos than you.

Yes, proving that you are better than me is totally where the thread is going. I forgot how much you have made for the Doom community recently, compared to me. Wow dude, teach me how to destroy communities and look like a complete dumbass. I've only been building maps, creating community events, even setting up a tournament for you all to enjoy but I'm still missing something important! Making an idiot out of myself is clearly what you need to teach me! Surprised
Once again, thank you for your valuable input towards this thread. You should be a moderator of these forums to bring wisdom and well thought talk.

capodecima wrote:
And yes have demos is nice, although in my experience demos from this small events usually disappear soon.

While I appreciate your experience on the subject, there's no reason for these demos to disppear anytime soon.
Plus, if it were to be based on experience, I wouldn't allow you in this tournament. Wink Only the fools never change their mind, isn't that what they say?

capodecima wrote:
My point is you CAN play tournament without recording demos. I played some tournaments on reflex, open arena, and guess what nobody cared about demos. LOL Ofc demos are nice but wait for them next half year, year, 2 years? No thx. LOL

Are any of the games you mentionned ZDaemon? No, then that doesn't mean no one cares here either.
All this shitstorm of you just to end up saying "other people from other games you don't know don't want demos so you shouldn't want either" is quite pathetic, but then again, it's you so I'm used to it.

However, if more players want to play on 1.10 and don't really think demos are necessary, then we'll go with that.

Last edited by Oxyde on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why you went mad on me and calling me dumbass? Thx really thx. I am one of this guys which dont care about demos.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxyde wrote:
Wow dude, teach me how to destroy communities and look like a complete dumbass.

Doesn't obviously mean he called you dumbass, dumbass.
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao "nice" tournament start. We should just all stay on topic and discuss about more important things than insult each other. Wink
I changed my mind and i am up for CTF and i dont care about demos. Let ppl share their opinion about the demos maybe make another poll about it?
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the hell happened here but that shit escalated quickly. Either if Oxyde has some hard feelings towards Capo that was not the way to prolong the talk,
I on my side think all this thing of the demos has solely one purpose, and that is to make youtube videos, for all the other reasons Oxyde stated above I give a 0.2% prob that will happen.
So in the end take it easy, it is not about one being better than the other or who has moderador privileges or whatever, it could have gone ever happy as simple as this:
Oxyde wrote:
...if more players want to play on 1.10 and don't really think demos are necessary, then we'll go with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: