ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improved Software Render

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaVeN-05
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Improved Software Render Reply with quote

ZDaemon currently have a ugly render code.

1. Its slow, at 1680x1050 it has 30 fps mostly, on my PC with uncapped FPS, with capped fps i have 32 fps wtf?
2. I am using virtual 320x200 option is on to have 60 fps but even with that fps is dropping some times too.
3. I am use Windowed mode and even this doesnot have original resolution it uses something like 1680x1025, i can use once fullscreen when i quiting from game or change it to window mode my os WinXP SP3 crashes with BSOD.

The best software renders:
1. Zandronum at fullscreen 1680x1050 produces way more than 60 fps. The most fastest software render.
2. Zdoom same as Zandronum but a little bit slower.
3. Odamex a little bit slower than zdoom.
4. ZDaemon the most slower.

I tested all ports at one map, results:
Zandronum 140-175 fps (min, max)
Zdoom 120-138
Odamex 59-96
Zdaemon 37-59 (32-47 at my home PC AMD+ATI)
(all test performed on notebook intel+nvidia)

Please backport software render to ZDaemon from some other source ports that have faster software rendering system.
Please optimize it as much as you can =(. It hurt my eyes i cant enjoy playing ZDaemon multiplayer. I am hope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lie. The most fastest sw render has is prboom-+ or maybe Eternity. You upgrade potato.
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:
You are lie. The most fastest sw render has is prboom-+ or maybe Eternity. You upgrade potato.

Or he cleans up his computer, either will work. Razz

---

RaVen-05 wrote:
1. Its slow, at 1680x1050 it has 30 fps mostly, on my PC with uncapped FPS, with capped fps i have 32 fps wtf?

Simple problem, simple fix: Lower your resolution!

RaVen-05 wrote:
2. I am using virtual 320x200 option is on to have 60 fps but even with that fps is dropping some times too.

Do you need, and I really mean that you NEED uncapped framerate? Doom has worked without it for years.

RaVen-05 wrote:
3. I am use Windowed mode and even this doesnot have original resolution it uses something like 1680x1025, i can use once fullscreen when i quiting from game or change it to window mode my os WinXP SP3 crashes with BSOD.

Then your software is faulty! A cleanup will definitely help.

[quote="RaVeN-05]... bs about how Zan is superior ...[/quote]
I'm usually tempted to give birds names to those who say Zandroid is superior, but I won't and just go with what Dew said; PRBoom +' has the most optimized sw render out there.

This is, in any case or form, a bug. Just you, complaining that your hardware's outdated.
RaVeN-05
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewww wrote:

I am not tested prboom-+ and Eternity. So, if there is really faster, please backport rendering system from one of these source ports.

All tests performed on clean Windows 7 installation.
The results is truth.

Edit:
Tested Eternity not fastest ever software renderer.
Prboom-+ cant count fps, how to do that? But feels not faster than Eternity even.

But even prboom and eternity i very good base to backport their render system to ZDaemon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thats so silly Very Happy Prboom is wreck nuke it, Zandro has well.... heavily modified software render which is NOT fast at all! And definitevly not same as zdoom has. Zandro's render gained ability to render 3D floor and truecolor textures in 8 bit pallete etc. its all weird but whatever. ZDaemon render could get 32 bit color render thats all it needs ... maybie some fixes but improvements but overall its good >D
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeyesx wrote:
Prboom is wreck nuke it

Shots fired... and missed because the shooter has zero clue. Where's my Winter's Fury conversion to Zdaemon you promised to make? Running out of ideas how to fake all the effects? Don't worry, I know you're just all talks and never even started on it.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect to be taken seriously if you can't distinguish (1) bugs from feature requests and (2) software from hardware renderers.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: