ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doom3 mod for Doom2 [DSDooM3]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that I work on all the time in my mapping ability is: not making the maps too cramped or railroad-like. There needs to be space to breathe, much unlike D00m3.
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid92 wrote:
Damn, I'm excited for this, looking really great by the screenshots.

Did you decide if theres going to be 2 separate versions, or just one that works on both ports?

There's going to be a single wad (Dsdoom3.wad) but I have patch for zdoom with a decorate supershotgun (ZDSD3.wad) an openGL wad (DSD3OGLP.pk3) with the appropriate map08 and map13 fog rendered in opengl, and granted someone from these boards is willing to help, I would like to do a zdaemon patch.

Another thing that I'm going to do is specialize deathmatch for each of the maps, what I plan to do is to segregate areas in each of the maps by adding blocking items, because deathmatch/duels on these maps wouldn't be very fun considering the vastness of each of the maps. Ofcourse some maps will work better than others for deathmatch, but I really want to limit the players freedom to roam and just keep things confined to a few surrounding sectors, otherwise it becomes to slow paced and though it may have worked during the TCP/IP days it certainly doesn't work that well today.
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original doom2.5 demon

My touch up of that demon

Don't get me wrong, the original doom2.5 demon is extremely well done, the artist who created is extremely talented and dedicated, (I take my hat off to anyone who can sit through those hours of animating sprite) The doom2.5 demon, however great it is seemed unfinished in my opinion and I still don't understand why its colours were inverted from its doom3 twin, so I took it upon myself to change what I thought needed to be changed. I hope you guys approve.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper 109 wrote:
Here are some shots of map25 (Notice this is being run in GZDoom so Zdaemon players will not have access to the super shotgun, unfortunately.

If you need help converting stuff to ZDaemon, feel free to drop me a PM.
You'd be amazed by what Dehacked/Dehsupp can do.
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper 109 'sup mane, why you lettin us hanging like this

where are your manners, boy? Rolling Eyes
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I wonder if you're still active sniper? The quadro-shotgun (or just SSG) you mentioned uses A_FireBullets ... but bassicaly its exactly same as A_FireShotgun2 (classic SSG) so what is really needed?
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chimila wrote:
Sniper 109 'sup mane, why you lettin us hanging like this

where are your manners, boy? Rolling Eyes

I dont have manners, because I'm Asshole with capital A. As much as I'd like to be dooming and everything of the sort, life takes a huge chunk of my energy, time, and most of all money, I'm in that period of my life where I'm juggling school and work, and stressing about paying my apartment on time each month, groceries, laundry, keeping my place clean and studying for school. I don't even have enough ends meat for beer because that fund has been transfered to paying insurance and gas for my car.
With that said, the semester has come to an end and I have about a month's free time before school starts again, so I'm going to use that extra time to get more shifts at work, but if I have free time, I will use to continue this wad, because it is long overdue. When I first started this thing I was supposed to have it done in 2011, its now almost 2015, 6 years for christ sake! where did the time go? WHERE!
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-the

the

the beer money has run out. Shocked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5KNu_rP8ZM
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map26 is complete, The wad is officially playable from start to finish, but dsdoom3 is not entirely yet, Since these screenshots I've been modifying the existing levels pretty extensively, adding new areas, and retexturing reduntant areas, and creating secret areas with powerups and bonuses.

Another aspect of the wad that needs to be addressed is the deathmatch segment, throughout each map I've noticed a series of sectors that would be perfect for deathmatch, so what I will do is copy/paste those sections outside of the sp campagne and perhaps expand on those areas. For the maps that dont have suitable deathmatch areas I will create some or import them from my unreleased deathmatch maps. With seperate deathmatch maps within each map, I guess you can call this wad a 64map tc.

So far I've edited the first 6 maps and will be working to improve the quality of the latter maps (until I get to the hell maps which need less addressing) So when can we expect a release? Well that date is still beyond the horizon, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it will be before March.

the last thing I'd like to request from this community would be for someone to set up a server as soon as possible to see how this wad plays online and for people to give me feedback directly, but most importantly to have fun playing my creation!

Heres some screenshots of map26
https://www.mediafire.com/?o68i73f0fcx30a8
https://www.mediafire.com/?3petx166y82h9ph
https://www.mediafire.com/?31ojp6x7o11vxx9
https://www.mediafire.com/?0zt4lz8rna67c0u
https://www.mediafire.com/?qhs1ksw4qgu61ma
https://www.mediafire.com/?bfimivt5c8917lw
https://www.mediafire.com/?d7xgix8wb8igoki
https://www.mediafire.com/?w0d21lapbun4jbv
https://www.mediafire.com/?qlaq6yq4vasurbn
https://www.mediafire.com/?5xp1bxshd4vxq4h
https://www.mediafire.com/?tc28u4m9n15zjvg
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aa nice we might checkout the quadro-ssg... i am still not sure about the codepointer... we cannot customize bullet spread and etc.. (but it might be theoretically possible in future) but we could somehow improve ssg codepointer or something >D
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeyesx wrote:
aa nice we might checkout the quadro-ssg... i am still not sure about the codepointer... we cannot customize bullet spread and etc.. (but it might be theoretically possible in future) but we could somehow improve ssg codepointer or something >D

there isn't a quadro-ssg, just a normal supershotgun for zdoom ports and possibly for zdaemon granted that someone knows how to add heretic weapon slots. In dsdoom3 the weapons are as followed.
1. flashlight/chainsaw
2. Pistol
3. Shotgun/chaingun/(Supershotgun in zdoom only)
4. Machine-gun
5. Rocket Launcher
6. Plasma rifle
7. BFG9000
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked, it uses classic supershotgun codepointer which is fine, ill send u later the ssg whatever it is. Don't get confused we can use up to 31 weapons in zdaemon at the moment >D. Hmm just idea, why not to use ssg from doom2 ? Or u wanna exact slot-list? You added some "machine gun" but u kept chaingun, fist appears to be replaced with flashlight (didnt looked inside).

Edit: It looks like u almost tried to keep making it vannila compatible. If u wanna keep it only zdoom and zdaemon compatible we can push it more to limits, (like we can use additive translucity for plasma projectiles which might look much more better, also maybie adjust a bit pallete (tuh level does not appear dark at all but grayish, yet i like the idea). We can even create new monsters, I wonder where these sprites comes from ? Try pm me on irc as "medis" thankie!

Edit 2 : Sprites converted to doom graphic format (zdaemon do not accept png's). Nearly finished you're SSG, I'll post link for download tonight.
However...
Zdoom does not accept DehSUPP for several reasons and to avoid compatibility it disables all DeHackEd patches whenever it finds it inside the wad. But! It still accepts Decorate patches, which means if you wan't to make it work in both engines, we have to re-write youre dehacked patches to decorate. (I'll do it later)
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper 109 wrote:
...So when can we expect a release? Well that date is still beyond the horizon, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it will be before March.

sure that's still lot of time, can't you hurry things up a little? :]
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some of the latter maps definitely not Vanilla compatible, I mean map 26 has over 900 sectors (and thats after common sectors were merged together) but this wad was is intended to run on PrBoom, i.e. Dsdoom, Iphone doom, wii doom, etc. It appears that most hand-held ports of doom are based on Prboom, and though I no longer have access to my dsdoom, I'll probably get hands on some sort of smart-phone within the next 5 years.
Anyway I'll send you a copy of the wad if you want it. It would be appropriate to see how the game behaves on your end.

@Chimila
Who's that chick on your profile pic, she's fine as hell!
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the heck, so whats the point in making ssg while it can't run on prboom shit <,<. (Yea i dislike that port, everytime i hear, boom i imagine tons of bad-made maps, that are everything but compatible with anything.)

Last edited by Aeyesx on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished you're SSG from files u gave me in past.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Works on ZDaemon 1.10 Beta03 and later.

It was kinda challenge to make it work.
It's ID's are :
ID #= 2500
SpawnID #= 200

Internally it uses heretic crossbow and slot 3.
Hopefully this will be usefull, if u will need any changes feel free to pm me.

Are you planning to merge this into one wad ? (Since that would be best of course).
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeyesx wrote:
the heck, so whats the point in making ssg while it can't run on prboom shit <,<. (Yea i dislike that port, everytime i hear, boom i imagine tons of bad-made maps, that are everything but compatible with anything.)

You can't be serious? Really? Do you honestly believe that map quality is based on port compatibilty and not based off of the authors skill. Despite what you think, PrBoom compatibility means that this wad will run on just about every port of doom, and not be redundant, but anyone with Idoom (Doom on the Iphone), Wii doom (doom on the nintendo wii), dsdoom (doom on the nintendo ds which this wad is actually targetted for) and just about every non-pc version of doom is based on Prboom.

On a positive note, I'm very satisfied with how the weapon turned out! Great work, the only flaw that I could find is that the new weapon mutes the chaingun, I was wondering if you could fix that?
Also the wad I will be releasing on idgames will be the PrBoom version of this wad. On here however, I'll make sure to release the zdaemon version under a different header, Maybe ZDMD3.wad?
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sayin about quality of maps, thats true that it depend on mapper, i just imagine corrupted slaughterfests, hah whatever,

Right now I am going, so i dont have to check, but how it can mute chaingun ? I mean the first one or the heavy one that replaces SSG? And how you managed to shoot them at the same time ? o.O
Sniper 109
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chaingun that replaces the ssg. Keep in mind that the chaingun also uses the firessg sound. And I have little knowledge of how sndinfo or dehsupp works? I tried fixing it myself but it was like looking at decorate all over again.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that, that is a side-effect, because of FireShotgun2.
This codepointer i needed for SSG plays sound weapons/sshotf by native itself.
I disabled this sound completly to make FireShotgun2 only shoot bullets without sound for D3SSG.
To restore D2SSG i modified its frame to play new weapons/d2ssg.
The shame is, that codepointer PlayWeaponSound cannot specify channel what to play on > it cuts off any playing sound. The solution could be to merge sounds or using some heretic native frame idk, i am sleepy now xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: