ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ACS] Thing_Hate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: [ACS] Thing_Hate Reply with quote

Hello.

I would like to request an action special from Zdoom called "Thing_Hate". When activated, this action causes a monster to hate and attack another actor on the map.

It's actually quite natural behaviour. At the moment, this behaviour is triggered when a monster injures another monster by accident. The injured monster starts hating the monster that injured him and start attacking him. This will cause the same effect on the monster that injured the injured monster by accident, and there we have it, monsters infight! It's a trick often used on MAP20 of Doom2, where you can have the Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon fight each other. It's also used on MAP08 of Doom2, in the room with all the Barons of Hell and the Cyberdemon.

So, in short, what this action does is that it causes similar behaviour, without a reason. This action allows you to think of your own reasons for monster(s) to hate (an)other monster(s).

I'm willing to build a small testing map if this action is being considered to be added to Zdaemon. Thanks for listening, and let me know what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Danni
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a map, i will be working on this with the ACS overhaul of the netcode.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing_Hate("Ronald");
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should work in the upcoming release
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting from now obsolete bug report:
EarthQuake wrote:
The ACS special Thing_Hate currently works, but does not handle hate types other than zero, which does not make it very useful. This special was implemented as a feature request by Ronald but it seems it was either partially implemented, or something didn't get quite right (or perhaps the netcode wasn't ready for it yet).

A quick rundown of the hate types can be found in the link above.

Tested with 1.09b23. If you need a test map, please let me know.

not quite finished yet it seems.
moved back to "To be Implemented Requests".
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, me and Krawa found out the other day when I was trying to make "intelligent Bots", but I didn't have the chance to report it properly yet, so thank you for doing so Earthquake. Earthquake is right about the fact that not any of the hate types work other 0. Additionally it might be interesting to know that the other hate types do not work in single player mode as well as in client/server mode.

Me and Krawa tested this function using this wad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eq already mentions it. none work except for 0. its simply a dummy implementation atm.
some_random_guy
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty neat ACS special, and it looks like it's already implemented in the current ZDoom engine...ah, backporting. Very Happy This is a function I'd like to see fully implemented in ZDaemon (instead of just being a dummy function.)
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a small test wad myself testing various things:

http://speedy.sh/M62zV/balls.wad

Imp should come out of the left room on it's own, open the door to the right room, ignoring the player, and attack (possibly kill) the demon in the right room. Currently, does not even alert the imp. I'm using a hate type of 6 (immediately pursue target, and ignore players entirely).
ledillman
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool acs function, bad thing i have to wait until 1.09 is released to test my map with this, cause i still can't test with my own server with 1.08, and admin of a 1.09 server will not accept my map Razz
cool
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ledillman wrote:
[...] admin of a 1.09 server will not accept my map Razz

did you ask krawa?
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ledillman wrote:
cool acs function, bad thing i have to wait until 1.09 is released to test my map with this, cause i still can't test with my own server with 1.08, and admin of a 1.09 server will not accept my map Razz
cool

The function is not implemented properly yet. So there is no use in testing your map with the current Zdaemon 1.09 version we have. You can test your map with Zdoom to see if you implemented this function properly in your map.

I hope this gets implemented fully soon, because I agree, this is an interesting function which opens up a lot of possibilities. Smile
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feature is implented for testing yet as it does not appear in official changelog yet, as of ZDaemon beta02 - thx Kilgore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: