ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dehacked actor property: Camera height

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Dehacked actor property: Camera height Reply with quote

Camera height actor property defines the height to render the view at when the actor is used as camera.

Useful when eg. you want to use ChangeCamera to spectate a zombieman or anything else for that matter. When you try to do that now, the camera is rendered at the "feet" of the actor (since it uses raw Z-height).

Example dehacked:

Code:
Thing 2 (Trooper)
Camera height = 41

Using this dehacked, and ACS ChangeCamera to switch to a zombieman's view, you should be able to spectate from 41 units above its feet.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body-Guard, I've done something similar before and I've made the following workaround for it.

Create a dummy mapspot and use this in a delay(1) loop:
Code:
SetActorPosition(mapspot, GetActorX(zombie), GetActorY(zombie), GetActorZ(zombie)+41.0, 0);
SetActorAngle(mapspot, GetActorAngle(zombie));

This effectively should allow you to see through the eyes of the zombieman.

Not that I'm against a "clean" way to do this though.
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've done that but when you move the zombieman with setactorvelocity and use setactorposition to sync the mapspot camera object to the zombieman, their position won't match regardless of calling setactorvelocity and setactorposition in the same tic. This causes that sometimes the zombieman will overlap in the camera view which is really annoying.

It is easier to observe the overlap effect if you spawn the zombieman with SpawnSpot instead of placing it directly in the map editor. (don't ask why, they happened to be different cases for me)

You can see that by checking the camera and zombieman position with getactorx/y. The overlapping issue does not always happen but the difference between the positions can clearly be seen, usually the camera object is around 5 map units "late" compared to the zombieman.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Implemented for next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: