ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International forum section

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syshigher
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: International forum section Reply with quote

I did notice on IRC there are a few channels suggested for people who have low knowledge of the english language. Apparently there are a good portion of people who uses spanish as their native language and a few others too.

Basically, this section would allow any kind of language to be used, as time goes, one person would be chosen to moderate posts of specific language in that section only. Person A knows russian, he wasn't a troublemaker and have shown to be trustable to do the job of moderating russian posts. Person B knows spanish and seemed to be trustable by the staff to moderate spanish posts and so on. Obviously the said person would have to know english too, so the main ZDaemon staff would be able to give these moderators proper instructions when needed. Forum subsections could be created for a specific language if needed. The idea here is just to have the whole ZDaemon community to be unified in one place, regardless of their language preferences. I got this idea from a MMORPG forum, just modified the ideas a bit.

I'm sure that would be very welcomed by hispanics, french and russians. Sorry in case I didn't post this in the correct location.

EDIT: I see there are a few useful stickies here. Translated versions of those stickies would be useful to spread information to those who doesn't know much about english (and google translator tends to translate words that shouldn't be translated).
Chimila
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't MMORPG one of those platform games with big communities? (LoL, AoE... I don't know I'm too lazy to google it now) but I would say keep in mind this is a (pretty) small community were though there are spanish speakers e.g. they all are in-game, those who use the IRC for being a IM to talk to their partners about whatever they want in any way without guidelines and etc., most of them don't even know there is a zdaemon related forum or ain't enough interested to join anyway. In part that's good they keep the scene alive, don't matter if they ain't giving any technical support to the game or help to the devs. One's here merely for the fun of play.

Same could apply for the Euro side, there are a few who will post with a broken english but still they're understandable, I don't see the idea of a ZD subforum going if it's only for 5 peeps and, that probably won't receive a post during many months.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is cool that ZD have so many players, but what about external forum maybie? In past there were many czech clan's so far I know and there were much much more external sites such as doom5.cz which was biggest now it's dead, idoom.cz even they're now bit inactive, meh! So why not spanish Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: